GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,723
1 members and 1,722 guests
Titchou

Old 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Senior Send Off

Last night we had senior send off. We have 4 seniors graduating. It was so hard to sit there and listen to them will away their attributes and characteristics and their things. It was so hard writing their letters, because all I could do was cry. I'm going to miss all 4 of my sisters. They were my rocks. One sister was my class sister, we've shared alot together. It's so hard to type this right now because all I can think about is not seeing them next semester at the meetings and the events. But I wish them all the best that life has to offer.

L.I.T.P

Thank You Seniors for all that you have done for your individual Phi Sigma Sigma Chapters. We are nothing without all of you.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure your sisters really appreciate your letters. It's great to see you send them off so well!
One year we had 3 sisters graduating, which is a lot for us. I made sure to get little gifts for them...i believe it was a candle with a rose pin stuck in it, PSS engraved.
However, the chapter has no tradition with senior sister send offs...eg, i got nothing, not even a letter - but I knew my sisters loved me and appreciated my work.
I'm not sure if they did anything this year, i don't think any are graduating, just a few transferring away

Just remember soon you may see them at an Alum reunion!

LITP
Old 04-29-2003, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

When I graduated last year, this is what the chapter did at the last meeting....

We had the Installation of Alumni ceremony first. Then, all of us sat in a circle...us seniors talked first, saying how much we'd miss everything and how you should enjoy every moment spent as an active. Then, the sisterhood chair presented our senior gifts to us. (There is a fund for senior gifts and the amount is set so that each sister graduating will have atleast 50 spent on her. The sisterhood chair and her committee pick the gifts out..usually they are the same gifts for each sister.) We open our gifts and everyone ooohhh's and ahhhh's! Then we went out for dinner to talk and have sisterly moments.

I will never forget this moment, because it meant so much to me. I cried, my sisters cried, but we all know that even though status changed, the sisterhood remains and we are all great friends. Now, as an alum, I attend meetings every now and then, and I try to keep up with what's going on in the chapter.

Although graduation means starting a new chapter in your life, it doesn't mean that you will never see the graduates again. I am sure they are having a hard time dealing with it, just as you are, and they will remain in contact with the chapter. Keep your head up, and remember, when you graduate, people will be reacting the same way you are

LITP,

Jadey
Old 05-05-2003, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

We're sending off two sisters tonight... it will be sad... but one of them isn't moving so we'll see her around . We do the ceremony, and give a gift to them and the seniors do a gift for each of the sisters...(our chapter isn't very big so they can do that)
Old 05-06-2003, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
My senior candlepass is tonight. Last night was my last meeting as an undergrad..........VERY sad...... tears streaming down my face..... I can only image what tonight will be like..... I still have stuff to divide up.

Ali and I are both going through.

PS-Ali, Did you know they are going to the Loomis before the candlepass on Thursday? Were you invited?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Jesspom,
What and how is a senior candlepass done? Being a new chapter we don't have anytype of send off for our seniors yet and I'd really like to surprise the ones at this our last meeting of the year. Can you or any other Phi Sigs here give me some ideas. If you want feel free to pm me.
Thanks,
Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 05-07-2003, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
I can give you info on our candle pass and some other ideas from chapters in our division, I ran a ritual workshop and know a lot about them.

Unfortunately I am VERY tired and have had like NO sleep seeing that our candle pass lasted from 8pm-3am last night..

More later!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, the way Gamma Gamma does it, the seniors all pick a song to play before hand. We also divided up all our stuff. That night, we gather and pass a candle (battery operated) around. Each undergrad sister says something to the seniors. After they're done, the seniors talk, give away their stuff, and at the end play their song. After everyone is done, our chapter song is played. It's full of laughter, tears and sweat (it can get hot in the basement!).

It's a very special memory!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys give your stuff away? What stuff?
I still have everything i accumulated as an active and still collecting.....maybe one day i'll get rid of something, but it all means so much to me, i don't think i could.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Phi Sig stuff that you wont use in your adult life, like some date party t-shirts... etc.

Also we have things that are pass downs and they have been going FOREVER...

(like the pocket SIGMA shirt... a shirt where the sigma of the chest letters is on a pocket)

My big passed down an "art project" that I passed to my little. I also have MOC/SDC passdowns, Teddy Buddy Family pass downs... etc...
Old 11-04-2004, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Do not want to do senior sendoff

Hi ladies

I was thinking about not doing senior sendoff. Has there been someone in your chapters who have decided not to do senior sendoff? If so how was that taken by the chapter? Does chapter still communicate with that alumnae?

I am just fed up with my sorority that I really do not want to give away any of my items to them. They treat me as though I am invisible so why should I give them all the things that I paid for.

Let me know what you think
Old 11-04-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, people in my chapter have decided not to do a senior sendoff. You could just go and say what you have to say and hopefully it'll be an inspiration and they chapter will change. There may be a few people you want to recognize, or you could just pass down the yucky passdowns you've gotten in the past. You don't HAVE to give anything away that you purchased. I know I spent tons of money as an undergrad and just gave a lot of it away. Be sure to keep what you really want.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

annice, we don't have senior send offs... so i'm not sure how you're chapter's gonna react - but just leave. you don't have to do anything for them! keep your stuff! if you don't feel like anyone there is "worth" giving your paraphanilia to, then don't.

btw, i'm sorry that the last part of your collegiate membership wasn't always what you hoped it would be... just remember that we're all here for you! move to cali, we'll appreciate you! haha!

diokete hupsala
Old 11-04-2004, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of Senior Sendoff. I don't think it's something Maryland chapters participate in. If there is nothing written anywhere stating that you have to give your stuff away, I wouldn't worry about it!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I have decided to do senior send off. I have so much stuff and I would like to give it to some of the girls that I care about.

Thank You ladies for the responding it meant a lot to me.

Phi Sig ladies are the coolest