GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,863
2 members and 2,861 guests
naraht
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-1999, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Interest in joining Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority

Happry Holidays and greettings to the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and the memebers of the GreekChat. I have a very deep rooted interest in joining the sisterhood of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. I have attended almost all of the events and community service projects that have been sponsored by the AKA's and APA's on my campus and I have met and spoken with many also. I have done my research thouroughly for over six months learning the founders, founding and incorporation date, the five purposes, the International Five Target Plan,and extensive information about the chapter here on my campus including the background of many of the members. Since the semester is over and rush will be this coming Spring semester I am gaining more nervousness and anxiety. I am pretty happy about how I have shown my utmost interest to the ladies here on my campus however I am scared about the final decision. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement for a young lady who not only is interested in such a wonderful organization but has much respect for those who have crossed the burning sands in order to become a lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
Old 12-26-1999, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

While knowing all of the information about a Sorority is good, you need to be sure and know yourself. Alpha Kappa Alpha women are very "Scholarly",dedicated,determined and "Confident" women!! You need to be confident in yourself. I did not recall you mentioning your grades.....that will play a major role in the selection process as well.
Be sure to be humble, or true to yourself.BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, and be you!
***If at first you don't succeed, then try again!!!** Email me,we can talk!

Good Luck.
ivy envy-----Fall '99-----Kappa Omicron
Old 12-26-1999, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

What Ivy Envy has said is correct. Please make certain that you are in good standing academically. Being nervous and anxious are natural feelings at this point. I felt the same way almost five years ago in Spr. '95. You know that you are a bit closer to making your dream a reality. Good luck! You can e-mail me, too, at AKAtude_08@yahoo.com.
Old 12-27-1999, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Listen to Ivy Envy and AKAtude... If you have any other questions, like my other Sorors said, You are more than welcome to email me at shannon.shelley@lls.edu
Old 12-29-1999, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Dear LL5505,

I too am in a similiar posistion as yourself. It is truly crunch time for those of us who have expressed our sincere interest in Alpha Kappa Alpha. I have in my heart done my best to ,research, attend events, maintain a decent gpa and of course above all perform service to mankind. There are so many questions that one wants to know the answers too but if it was meant to be, that time will come. Thanks for allowing those who have genuine interest to express themselves in this forum. As Spring 2000 approaches is there any advice on how to lose the butterflies in my stomach!!!
Good Luck
Old 12-29-1999, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Jenee,

You are going to have the butterflies with you until the moment you can skee-wee! And even then you will be overwhelmed. It is such a great feeling. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2000, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Jenee, and others!!!

AKAtude is right! You will have the butterflies, and you probaly wont eat right either...but keep the faith!

Ivy Envy

[This message has been edited by ivy envy (edited January 02, 2000).]
Old 03-05-2008, 04:45 PM
mzgreekwonder

So, I am able to share the same feelings as the lady above wrote about almost 8 yrs ago! I am eager and ready to be apart of the first and finest sorority but my nerves are on the edge of breaking down. Lol. Our formal interest meeting is coming up in a few days and I am so nervous and emotional about attending. My biggest doubt is “will I make it”? Of course no one likes rejection or to even think about being rejected! Being apart of this sorority is a big dream for me and I know in the end I’ll feel such great joy and a sense of accomplishment but before that, I have to get over the scare of even going to the interest meeting Any tips or advice?? Should I already know ALL the facts of AKA going into the rush or will myself and other members be taught or encourage to learn this information after we’ve been selected to participate in the intake process??
Closed Thread