GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,133
1 members and 2,132 guests
zdaidjunioro429

Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

It is as tough on moms as it is on the pnms. In fact, it might be tougher, because you all only get the information that your daughters choose to share with you. Hang in there moms! Grab that bottle of wine, get that bag of Cheetos, turn on the Lifetime channel and try not to worry.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I have been up early waiting for news. My daughter was asked back to 3 houses, her legacy dropped her. I am happy they did because I felt it would be more misleading if they kept her and dropped her before pref. She would be happy at any of the remaining sororities, but Mom has a "favorite". She only spoke of one house that had members she thought were really sweet to her and they are still in the mix! I call them the "sweet house"! LOL
Old 08-14-2014, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I started watching the clock at 2am - lol I can't wait until Saturday and I can get some sleep after that.

D's fave is still in the mix. She got a full schedule and she dipped into 2 of her lower ranked ones. She's way more relaxed about this than me. Luckily I'm not with her so I don't rub off on her.

She's had her eyes on one place all week. She's so sure of it being the one that it scares me.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Mine got a full schedule, but lost a couple she really liked along the way. She says there isn't a house on the list she didn't like in some way, and she seems content and happy going into skit day. Her roomie received four invites today to houses she really likes. She too is a happy girl.

The wine is definitely being chilled for later. Fingers crossed for all the PNMs and their Moms!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Mine was cut pretty hard. Has 4 left, 2 who have been favorites all along. I am praying that she goes to prefs with at least one of her two favorites!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDMomma View Post
Mine was cut pretty hard. Has 4 left, 2 who have been favorites all along. I am praying that she goes to prefs with at least one of her two favorites!

Hi,
Were you an Auburn Tri Delta? Good luck to your daughter! Keeping her in my prayers, too! :-)

______
Tri Delta Alum
War Eagle!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

No, not an Auburn Tri Delta, but I have heard so many wonderful things about the chapter! Thanks so much, I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMom View Post
Hi,
Were you an Auburn Tri Delta? Good luck to your daughter! Keeping her in my prayers, too! :-)

______
Tri Delta Alum
War Eagle!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDMomma View Post
No, not an Auburn Tri Delta, but I have heard so many wonderful things about the chapter! Thanks so much, I will keep you posted.
Looking forward to hearing all about your daughter!

______
Tri Delta Alum
War Eagle!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, skit round is over and I believe they're now submitting their next rankings.

Does this remind anyone else of The Bachelor just a little bit? As I've filled in my sister about all of this we were remarking we couldn't believe there wasn't a reality show about rushing at sec schools.

I don't know how the introverts handle this.

Good luck to all the moms and their daughters. I can only hope and pray that what everyone says is true - it all seems to work out for the best. However, when your daughter has stars in her eyes for one place, it puts a knot in my stomach.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamom View Post
Does this remind anyone else of The Bachelor just a little bit? As I've filled in my sister about all of this we were remarking we couldn't believe there wasn't a reality show about rushing at sec schools.
Oh, Bid Day would be so much fun!

"Sunshine, will you accept this carnation from the Pi Beta Phis?"

"Rachel, will you accept this violet bouquet from the Sigma Kappas?"

"Bellalulu, will you accept this twine of ivy from the Alpha Phis?"

And so on...

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

No word from my daughter who is having dinner with her Pi Chi group. I went through "rush" without a Pi Chi many years ago...what an amazing invention they are. Pretty awesome to give up so much time to support our girls. Kudos and thank you!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck everyone! I hope everyone gets good news tomorrow!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Oh, Bid Day would be so much fun!

"Sunshine, will you accept this carnation from the Pi Beta Phis?"
And so I did!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamom View Post
As I've filled in my sister about all of this we were remarking we couldn't believe there wasn't a reality show about rushing at sec schools.
There was an attempt to do this a few years ago. We talked about it on GC. Seems like it was an independent production group that was trying to get PNMs to sign on. Does anyone remember the details? The NPC and NPC groups would not lend their support to this kind of production, nor could I ever see them doing so.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Our addiction to rush threads real and fictional shows what great TV it would be. I'd be taping that show on 3 different DVRs to make sure I never missed it! So you can't blame the producers for trying, even though it'll never happen.