GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,510
0 members and 2,510 guests
No Members online

Old 12-03-2006, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek ladies, I need your advice:

Greetings ladies,

I am a college student who has been in the grooming proccess of becoming a proud sorority member since my early junior highschool years. I am currently on a fullride scholarship at my particular university, however the sorority that I am interested in becoming a member of has been suspended off the yard for more than four years. I do understand that due to the nature of the suspension, the last member of the chapter had to graduate before the chapter could come back. But, the last member has and there is no one but the alumni chapter that can bring it back. However, I was also told that it is innapropriate to openly display interest in a particular sorority so I don't know how to let the alumni of this particular chapter know that I am interested. And because the chapter was suspended, there are no interest meetings to attend. I really want to cross over and join this prestigeous sorority. I know many intellegent, strong, educated, and positive women that epitomize the essence of this sorrority and I know it is a title that I would be honored to put on my name. But I don't know what to do if the chapter has been suspened and is now in good standing to come back. Please let me know anything that I could do to let the sorority chapter know that there is interest at this university. I am not alone in my desire to cross over. Many other girls are in my same shoes.

Wishing you all well

Last edited by grkfuture10; 12-04-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2006, 06:40 PM

Do you not think it is a little presumptuous to say that you're a "sorority sister to be"? Think about it, even if the chapter was to come back to your campus, there are no guarantees that you'd actually become a member of it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if you are referring to a NPC or NPHC sorority.

Based on some of the things you've said (using the term "cross over" and mentioning how it isn't appropriate to openly express interest in the group), I'm going to assume you are referring to a NPHC sorority.

If it is a NPC sorority, I would say go through rush and meet the chapters that AREN'T suspended because I am sure they are all great groups and it ddoesn't hurt to explore all your options and maximize your chances of getting into a suitable house. Furthermore, if it is a NPC sorority, do you really want to wait till all the sisters graduate? Chances are high that they did something t hat was severe enough to cause them to get kicked off the campus and the liklihood of the HQ recolonizing right after the last person graduates is very slim.

If it's a NPHC sorority, sorry but I don't think that sort of thing is discussed by members.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if you are referring to a NPC or NPHC sorority.

Based on some of the things you've said (using the term "cross over" and mentioning how it isn't appropriate to openly express interest in the group), I'm going to assume you are referring to a NPHC sorority.

If it is a NPC sorority, I would say go through rush and meet the chapters that AREN'T suspended because I am sure they are all great groups and it ddoesn't hurt to explore all your options and maximize your chances of getting into a suitable house. Furthermore, if it is a NPC sorority, do you really want to wait till all the sisters graduate? Chances are high that they did something t hat was severe enough to cause them to get kicked off the campus and the liklihood of the HQ recolonizing right after the last person graduates is very slim.

If it's a NPHC sorority, sorry but I don't think that sort of thing is discussed by members.
I'm also going to assume that this organization is not NPC. It may very well be NPHC or a Multi-Cutural org. as the terms listed above (including "yard") aren't used by NPC sororities.

That said, if this sorority is represented on GreekChat, you should go visit their respective forum and read the important announcement they have regarding membership intake.

Still, the info and advice you seek will not be found here or online.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

From the way the OP has phrased everything i'm pretty certain she's talking about an NPHC sorority.

But I would suggest following the advice that has already been given to you.

Please, take off the "sorority sister to be"...don't assume, its not cute.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

wow, sorry

It wasn't my intentions to offend anyone by saying i'm a sorority-sister-to-be or else I wouldn't have said it. I didn't mean to seem pretentious and I apologise if I came off that way. I deleted it. Again, I apologise. But, I want to thank you so much for the positive adivise, and I hope that everything will go well.

Wishing You Well

Last edited by grkfuture10; 12-04-2006 at 02:17 PM.