GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,257
0 members and 1,257 guests
No Members online

Old 05-14-2002, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledge Educator nicknames

Im the Pledge Educator(Magister as we call it) this spring and will be until my pledges are initiated in the summer. Anyways, i was wondering if other pledge educator's pledges have given you a nickname. Mine is O'Captain My Captain. I got this because at the beginning of the semester we watched Animal House to show them what a stereotypical fraternity is and for an icebreaker and the next week i showed them Dead Poets Society to show them what a Fraternity should be. Well if you've seen DPS they call Robert Williams O Captain my Captain....so since he was kinda their magister thats why they call me that. Which I think is really cool...I almost like it better than my first nickname "Hotseat" I got as a pledge.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I had two nicknames as a Pledgemaster, only one of which I will share:

Big Brother "Vision of Excellence". . .I was PM the second semester of my senior year, during the same time that our Black Student Alliance was preparing its annual Visions of Excellence Awards Ball (for seniors who have made an impact on the community and university in a positive way). I actually received the award well after the pledges crossed, but one of them came up with the bright idea to call me "Vision of Excellence" anyway. Not very funny, but special nonetheless.

Old 05-15-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

We gave my pledge educator two nicknames during the course of my pledge educator. The first was the simple Pledgecator...just shortening the two words to one. The other nickname he got was " the Bus Driver". The reason for this is b/c us pledges got bestowed with the name "Short Buses" within the first two weeks of the semester. It was because we were all so special that we would have ridden the "short bus" to elementary school . It was all in good fun, and we occasionally use the term short bus now for someone who did something stupid.

<sigh> good times
Old 05-15-2002, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThetaMuSig
UNFSigmaChi...check your private messages.

Take it easy
Old 05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I was the pledge educator five or six times. They used to call me the Pledge Bitch. Everyone else has just been called a Pledge Mom.

Just to let you know when we say bitch in my sorority we mean it as a good thing not bad. Little bitch..wooooo!!! (inside joke)

Have a great day