GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 924
0 members and 924 guests
No Members online

Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom's an A-Phi "potential member"! :o)

Just had to share....

I applied for AI for my mom, who went to a women's college so she never had the opportunity to join a sorority. Well, the EO approved it and I gave her the documentation yesterday as a Christmas present. I wrapped everything up in silver and bordeaux paper and ribbon, with a little bouqet of our flowers and a Phi bear. I was so excited at how excited SHE was!!! It was great. To make it a bit more "authentic" I gave her my ribbons from own bid day (yes, I kept them) until she recieves her own pin at initiation. I was SO surprised at how excited she was!!! Have to say that I didn't even realize how much it would mean to me until I gave her the documents - it's going to be neat having her as my sister as well!!

`
Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Congrats to your mother!

AOE
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
cutiepatootie

Now that is a nice christmas present to recieve. Congrats to your mom!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to your Mom!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

That's wonderful! Congratulations to both of you!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey that's great! I'm glad you went through with it. Will she be initiated locally or at convention?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, following the EO's advice (btw, I have to say that whenever I've needed assistance from EO they have always rocked, so if any of you are lurkers on the board thanks for the great work!) I put convention on the app, but have been in discussion with the local collegiate chapter about doing it there, since that is where I was initiated and how my mom got "introduced" to Alpha Phi. If we do it there, it would be great b/c I would actually be able to have some of my pledge sisters (who mom pretty much "adopted" during our college days since she was the closest parent in the area) up for a post-initiation brunch or something to make it very special for her. I gave my mom the option of both (including the pros and cons of the actual ritual "performance" if you will), and she'd like to consider doing it at the collegiate chapter since that's where I was initiated.

Anyway, the collegiate advisor was quick to get back to me, but since they are just about to go thru recruitment AND elections (that's a rough schedule!!) she wants to chat with her advisory board first about it after they get all of the craziness completed. It's her first time being involved with an AI as well, so I think we'll all have to see how it plays out!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumnae Initiate!

Hi ladies!

I am curretly in the process to become an Alumnae initiate for the NYC chapter.

I never had the opportunity to do something like Alpha Phi in school because where I went did not have greek life. I am currently pursing my masters. I just handed in my fees to the chapter advisor and will be hearing an approval from the main office. I am sooo nervous and excited to see what happens!!!.

If anyone can fill me in on the process that would be great.I am also open to getting to meet as many sisters across the country. If I ever become initiated I want to try to have the same experience as I would if I was an undrgrad.

Hope to hear rom you all!