GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,780
2 members and 2,778 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Convocation is tonite and Day one of Open House parties starts tomorrow, bright and early! Good luck to all of the PNM's and all 14 wonderful sororities!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

The final number we have heard is 1178 PNMs! That is 70 more than last year of 1078. Quota last year was 58 and based on RFM that would mean 754 freshman attended pref parties. (UT has a separate upperclassman quota and we do not have those numbers as of yet) Based off of those numbers, then quota this year would be around 61.

I think UT has done a good job about educating girls to stick it out. Personally, I am hoping to see the "drop" percentage be lower this year...hopefully no more than 18-22%. If that was the case then quota would be 68-70. Many houses took QAs last year also, one chapter having a NMC of over 70. With all the discussion of RFM and QAs on the boards right now, who knows what will happen.

Ladybugmom....I tried to answer you and your mailbox is full.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Clearing it out Pineapple! Thanks! I thought there was one chapter that had alot more than 70 last year..am I losing it??
Old 08-21-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugmom View Post
Clearing it out Pineapple! Thanks! I thought there was one chapter that had alot more than 70 last year..am I losing it??
One chapter matched 92 and another 81. Every other chapter was 70 or below.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
One chapter matched 92 and another 81. Every other chapter was 70 or below.
Thanks Irish...I knew I had read that somewhere!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
The final number we have heard is 1178 PNMs! That is 70 more than last year of 1078. Quota last year was 58 and based on RFM that would mean 754 freshman attended pref parties. (UT has a separate upperclassman quota and we do not have those numbers as of yet) Based off of those numbers, then quota this year would be around 61.

I think UT has done a good job about educating girls to stick it out. Personally, I am hoping to see the "drop" percentage be lower this year...hopefully no more than 18-22%. If that was the case then quota would be 68-70.

I think this is great news, I have always been so sad to hear of the girls dropping out at UT.
Good luck to all this week!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear how it goes this week!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to the happy stories!

ΔΔΔ

$15 Million in 5 Years for St. Jude
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Morning....Parties start at 10. Sororities will host 17 parties over 2 open house days (10 today, 7 tomorrow) with PNMs attending parties at all 14 chapters. This way parties will be around 65 girls instead of 85 (if there were only 14 party slots) which will make life manageable for the houses. Good Luck everyone!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I dont know how to link it, but UT Panhellenic has a Facebook page with pictures from Day 1 of Open Houses. The PNM's got super cute tote bags this year to carry thier things in. In the past, they got gallon ziplock bags, so I would say that's an improvement! If someone can link it here, that would be great!
It looks like most of the girls are wearing either brightly colored tennis shoes or Sperry's..some with thier shirts tucked in (which I prefer) and some with them out..
I thought I woulsd mention footwear, since it always seems to be a topic of concern.

Last edited by Ladybugmom; 08-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
Thanks!!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Love looking at the pictures - makes me remember all those door chants. Funny how I can remember some of them after only going to those houses 1 or 2 times!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Pictures!

I saw the KD door chant girls. YEA!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

And then there were 10 . . . Mom of my pnm going through said the pnms make their rankings (she keeps calling them 'cuts') BEFORE the chapters vote - do the chapters then get the lists of pnms who want them?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

This is my understanding. The PNMs have ranked their bottom 4. Now this is more of a "suggestion" and certainly not a cut. The chapters have made their lists, and their lists are priority. It doesn't matter who turns in first. Chapters don't see PNMs selections and PNMs certainly don't see a chapter's invite list. Once the PNMs and chapters all have their information in, the matching begins. (By Panhellenic) If a PNM ranks like this....

Her Top Ten
1. A
1. B
1. C
1. D
1. E
1. F
1. G
1. H
1. I
1. J
Her Bottom 4
2. K
3. L
4. M
5. N

AND if she appears on all chapter party lists, she will go to A-J. If she does not appear on C or Ds party list she will go to A-B, E-J and K & L. If she does not appear on anyone's list, she will be released from recruitment. (not likely after this round, but more so after Phil or Skit) If she is released from 4 for her top 10, she will attend her "bottom 4" if they have her on their list. If she is not on the list of 7 chapters, she will only attend 7 parties the next round...or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5...you get the picture. This is chapter focused, it is mutal selection, but the chapter gets priority and the PNMs opinion is secondary.

Because of this, someone will always come along and rant that they got invited back to a chapter they "cut" and they do not understand. Cut is only an active word when used by a chapter, not a PNM. (Although a chapter will use the word "release" as if it stings less)

Edited to add....yes the PNMs rank before chapter vote is turned in. That is just basic logistics. The girls rank directly after their last party. The chapter gathers after their last party and starts discussion on invite list. But in no way does a chapter know what a PNMs rankings are before they create their list.

Last edited by pinapple; 08-24-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: see above