GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,988
1 members and 1,987 guests
TLLK

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Confused- Rushing for Sororities

Hi everyone! I'm a bit new, so I'd like to break the whole deal down. I've read a few threads here and there. Some about the Do's and Don'ts and the most frequently asked questions, ect. I'm still very confused. Right now, I'm a senior in high school. I really want to try out rushing, but I want the knowledge of it all "under my belt" so I won't look like a complete idiot. Adults have asked me where I want to go (first four years definit in Texas...that's where I'm from) and offered me letters of recomendations from their chapter. I've seen a lot of XYZ and ABC and stuff like that, and I realize each college is totally different with their sororities, but can ya'll help me fully understand the concept of it? Much appreciated if you do!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourseasons1717 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a bit new, so I'd like to break the whole deal down. I've read a few threads here and there. Some about the Do's and Don'ts and the most frequently asked questions, ect. I'm still very confused. Right now, I'm a senior in high school. I really want to try out rushing, but I want the knowledge of it all "under my belt" so I won't look like a complete idiot. Adults have asked me where I want to go (first four years definit in Texas...that's where I'm from) and offered me letters of recomendations from their chapter. I've seen a lot of XYZ and ABC and stuff like that, and I realize each college is totally different with their sororities, but can ya'll help me fully understand the concept of it? Much appreciated if you do!
http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=54403

Start there.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Excellent advice. Fourseasons, you said you're from Texas. Please notice this information in the thread mentioned above ^ :

You can also get in touch with your hometown’s Alumnae Panhellenic Association (www.npcwomen.org). This organization may be able to assist you in locating sorority alumnae members who may be willing to help you secure those recommendations. The Alumnae Panhellenic may require you to register with them. There is no fee to register with them, and they can provide you with some resources to help you prepare for recruitment. Your hometown Alumnae Panhellenic may even host a Recruitment 101-type forum where you can learn about recruitment and recommendations.

The state of Texas is well-known for having active Alumnae Panhellenic Associations, and lots of those "Recruitment 101-type forums" are held each year in cities, suburbs, and county or multi-county areas. Ask around and be on the lookout for announcements in local or regional newspapers; usually these forums are held anywhere from late January to April or possibly early May. They can really help you with questions you might have, and (most likely) with getting recommendations, which are either essential or very desirable for a successful recruitment at nearly every school in Texas.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

yes, keep your eyes and ears open for alumnae sorority recruitment informational meetings.

once you decide which college you will be attending, visit the greek life website on the college website and see which sororities have chapters at your school. then you will know which sororities you will need recommendations for.

keep reading the many threads about recruitment in general on greekchat. they are a good place to start. talk to friends who are sorority members at schools in texas as well as sorority alumnae-they can help you understand the process at your particular school.