GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,514
1 members and 2,513 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2013, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I get that gossip I just human, but to have your boss be the worst and most vicious gossip of them all is just sad. Thank G I'm leaving soon.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

If you play that Blurred Lines rape song one more time, I may blur your lines.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
You literally just started your career in this field 6 months ago.

Stop freaking panicking and over emphasizing how "new you are" and have "no idea" what you're doing.

Everyone here has at least 3 years of experience in this field and we have all been in your shoes. We all know how much there is to learn and no one expects you to know it all right now. Chill out.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I Quit!

But, I'll save that for my letter of resignation tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes, you just need stop talking. Like right now. You're being an insensitive ass. Going on and on about how your faith is too strong to ever suffer from mental illness in front of the man whose wife is currently in a psychiatric facility just makes you a bitch. Shut up! All your life experience so far means is you've never been mentally ill or loved someone who has been.

Note: I shut her up by focusing her attention on me rather than making a nasty situation worse, but I really needed to get this out.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Sometimes, you just need stop talking. Like right now. You're being an insensitive ass. Going on and on about how your faith is too strong to ever suffer from mental illness in front of the man whose wife is currently in a psychiatric facility just makes you a bitch. Shut up! All your life experience so far means is you've never been mentally ill or loved someone who has been.

Note: I shut her up by focusing her attention on me rather than making a nasty situation worse, but I really needed to get this out.
Your restraint is probably far more than I would have shown.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:52 AM
GreekChat Member

It is illegal for you to adjust someone's clock ins/ time sheets to reflect breaks they didn't even take. Sorry you're going over budget on overtime but maybe you shouldn't have given everyone the last three weekends off. Stop shaving off time they worked or I will report you to the state.

Also, you're inability to keep track of anything, does make all these situations my responsibility, I'm already filling in for one additional position, I'm not here to do your job as well. Especially since I'm not getting any additional pay.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I probably would have slapped her. I never wish mental illness on anyone but seriously I'd be thinking it just a little bit.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phigirl04 View Post
I probably would have slapped her. I never wish mental illness on anyone but seriously I'd be thinking it just a little bit.
Yeah, I just wish this person would go away.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, you will miss me. You have no idea how much you will miss me and my ability to handle problems on my own. You will also miss the superstar you are forcing into retirement. "We'll manage - we always do", you said. Well, yes, in a way you do, but you do it poorly, and I am petty enough to hope you REALLY get slammed in the fall.

ONWARD AND UPWARD!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

WHOA!

New girl who starts Monday came in to tour the agency and meet people. HOLY MOLY SHORT DRESS. I don't care that you're not actually working today, dress appropriately! I have the same dress and would never DREAM of wearing it to work. In fact, I have pretty much black listed all of my Express dresses from my work wardrobe work. There's a few that could probably work, but since I have that tiny twinge of hesitation, they're out.

Talk about bad first impression, that was the first thing I noticed when she walked in.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

In the name of all that is holy, please tell your mother to put you back on your ADD meds!
You can't even focus when you and I are having a simple conversation, so learning is pretty much out the window.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

If I am doing something in the process wrong, you need to tell me so I can fix it. I need to know how to do my job correctly. Instead, you decided to bottle up all of my mistakes (although with the mistakes of co-workers in my department) and call a meeting to call us all out. Do you know how shitty that makes us look? It's one thing if you have told us we were doing it wrong and we ignored your feedback but this is literally the first time I (and several of my co-workers) have heard of this problem. I would have been more to happy to address this sooner to make everyone's life better if you would have JUST TOLD ME.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Q: I was just calling to find out when I can register.

A: You haven't been admitted yet. We haven't received all the required materials for the department to make a decision on your application.

Q: But...school started.

A: Yes it did.

Q: So what am I supposed to do?

A: Well...perhaps you should have considered applying before August 21st. It takes months for some departments to make decisions of applicants. You will need to get all of your required materials in and call the department to see if they can make a rush decision.

*silence*

Q: So does that mean I can't register?

!!!!!!!!!

Did you just wake up last week and decide, "Well I think I'll go to grad school!" You are clearly treating this like ordering something off the value menu at McDonalds! What time schedule are you on? *Sigh*

Last edited by PersistentDST; 08-28-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you play that Blurred Lines rape song one more time, I may blur your lines.
I seriously cannot stand that song. I don't even understand why it's so popular!