GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,027
0 members and 1,027 guests
No Members online

Old 03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Ebay Items

I think we've all seen things on ebay that we wish wouldn't be there...such as badges, manuals etc. I've seen that other organizatons have unofficial groups that pull finances together to "rescue" these items.
Do you think Sigma will ever have a group like this? I would love to be able to purchase every badge I see on ebay, but of course being a recent college graduate I am not exactly swimming in a sea of disposable income
I know that I make donations to the foundation throughout the year, and wouldn't be opposed to giving a little extra to a fund for this purpose.

The whole reason I brought this up, was because of a thread I saw on the main page, along with the thread in the Tri Delta forum regarding a handwritten original copy of their 1888 constitution and bylaws. It seems that eventhough their national HQ got involved they still lost
Old 03-13-2005, 09:59 PM

If someone from HQ comes across one, they ALWAYS let the seller know that they are the rightful owner of it and ask them to return it. They have also purchased them. I think that we DON'T have this kind of program because our badges don't show up as frequently as say, KKG or Gamma Phi, who have badge rescue programs. Also, there are very few people who have the money to give the sellers what they're asking.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm always hesitant to bid on badges because I sort of feel like I'm paying a ransom. Like I'm afraid of encouraging a market for greek badges, ya know?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChristinaInBama
I know this sounds crazy, but I'm always hesitant to bid on badges because I sort of feel like I'm paying a ransom. Like I'm afraid of encouraging a market for greek badges, ya know?
Good point, which is actually why HQ really discourages us from bidding on them because all we're doing is driving up the price. It's best to just let HQ know and they'll handle it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I know I really should not let this bother me, but it does. It's one thing to find a sorority/fraternity pin at an estate sale or somewhere but it really bugs me to see what appears to be someone seeking them out to sell (see link below, these are all from the same seller).

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfsooZ1QQ...dsouthQQsojsZ0

Christina