GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,025
1 members and 1,024 guests
No Members online

Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Bridezillas

Who else keeps up with this show? I thought I had seen it all on that show until the last 2 weeks. There was the bride robbing the cradle and gayzilla! Anyone else out there completely hooked?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry.... I meant to put this thread under entertainment, not D&R. Feel free to move it if need be.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that show when I catch it. Makes me die laughing. A good reminder of how NOT to act when getting married.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't understand why the groom doesn't just call of the wedding. Some of these ladies are brutal and they really take out their aggression on their "husband." I seriously hope i'm not like that when I get married
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
I don't understand why the groom doesn't just call of the wedding. Some of these ladies are brutal and they really take out their aggression on their "husband." I seriously hope i'm not like that when I get married
Seriously, I don't get it. This isn't a new thing, this is what your future wife is going to be like.
It's just a look into the future of soon-to-be divorcees

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to female on male domestic abuse. Seriously. People don't think it happens, but these are prime examples.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

There was one earlier in this season where the poor guy was crying in the car. I was praying he would call it off. His wife to be is out of her mind!!!!!

There is a solution to being that psycho.... it's called a good wedding planner!! I have no intention of getting married without one!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember watching one where the guy told his wife-to-be that if she didn't calm down that he was gonna call off the wedding *gasp*

But he didn't

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Have grooms ever called off weddings on that show? Now that, I would pay to see!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BSPTXChicaTC Send a message via Yahoo to BSPTXChicaTC
I don't think they would show you an episode if the groom did - it wouldn't be good TV! A guy sobbing & begging his "Bride" to change or he will call off the wedding would get a 4 start rating though!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I love bridezillas!...but my boyfriend never lets me watch it b/c he hates seeing over the top chicks acting 'ugly' to people.

Anyway, here's my theory...they only tape the show in the lat 2 weeks prior to the wedding, which is when even a normal person is stressed to the max. Add that to the fact that they select people with very Type A personalities, and you have a perfectionist going through a stressful time period where perfection and complete control are almost impossible. I'm not sure that most of these women are 'call the wedding off' bad. I think that they just they are stressed beyond what they normall would be, and of course the editing only shows the worst moments. There are only 1 or 2 (including the chick who made her finace cry) who I think are genuinely selfish and cruel and deserved to be dumped.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupidelta View Post
There was one earlier in this season where the poor guy was crying in the car. I was praying he would call it off. His wife to be is out of her mind!!!!!

There is a solution to being that psycho.... it's called a good wedding planner!! I have no intention of getting married without one!
I saw that one, the Black couple, right?

I watch this show, and I figure most of the couples will be divorced within a year. I can't believe that the men would put up with all that stuff, all over a wedding. Most of these women are spoiled, selfish wannabe divas who have no patience.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilance1922 View Post
I saw that one, the Black couple, right?

I watch this show, and I figure most of the couples will be divorced within a year. I can't believe that the men would put up with all that stuff, all over a wedding. Most of these women are spoiled, selfish wannabe divas who have no patience.

Yeah... I think her name was Marsha? I wish they would do a follow up show to see how many of these couples stay married.

While I do agree that they only show the worse moments shortly before the wedding I also watch the Platinum Weddings show that is on right after Bridezilla and NONE of those brides behave like that. And there was one of those weddings that cost almost a million dollars. Those brides don't behave anything like that and I think it has to do with the fact that those women are not trying to plan the whole thing themselves. I know what I want my wedding to be like. If I planned that whole thing myself I would be PSYCHO!!! That's why I'm getting myself one darn good wedding planner who can stress about the small stuff and I can stress about being the prettiest bride ever!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupidelta View Post
Yeah... I think her name was Marsha? I wish they would do a follow up show to see how many of these couples stay married.

While I do agree that they only show the worse moments shortly before the wedding I also watch the Platinum Weddings show that is on right after Bridezilla and NONE of those brides behave like that. And there was one of those weddings that cost almost a million dollars. Those brides don't behave anything like that and I think it has to do with the fact that those women are not trying to plan the whole thing themselves. I know what I want my wedding to be like. If I planned that whole thing myself I would be PSYCHO!!! That's why I'm getting myself one darn good wedding planner who can stress about the small stuff and I can stress about being the prettiest bride ever!
I think that Marsha and her hubby were on Dr. Phil this year. They do post updates on the website once the next season starts.

Co-sign on the wedding planner piece. There was one girl on bridezillas (she was African American and she married an Army captain) who wasn't really hostile as much as sad. She cried a lot on her episode b/c she felt that she was doing it all by herself. Its just waaaaay too much for one person to remember and get done. Hell on platinum weddings even the planners have a team of people, so could you imagine doing it all by yourself for your own event? Knowing me, I would freak the fu@k out!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
I think that Marsha and her hubby were on Dr. Phil this year. They do post updates on the website once the next season starts.

Co-sign on the wedding planner piece. There was one girl on bridezillas (she was African American and she married an Army captain) who wasn't really hostile as much as sad. She cried a lot on her episode b/c she felt that she was doing it all by herself. Its just waaaaay too much for one person to remember and get done. Hell on platinum weddings even the planners have a team of people, so could you imagine doing it all by yourself for your own event? Knowing me, I would freak the fu@k out!

Dang you for telling me that!!! Now I'm going to have to go read WE's website. I don't think even Dr. Phil can heal Marsha and her hubby though. I saw the episode your talking about. She cried the whole time and all she could say was "Im the only one taking this wedding seriously!!!" Wah!
And I would never plan my own wedding. Not without a fleet of trained people helping me. I was in charge of formal twice when I was in college. And I was part of a small GLO and that was hard enough. No way I would touch my own wedding with a 10 foot pole!!! I know I would freak out.

But I feel this year they have really found some loony birds. What about the one where the girl took out an addtional morgage on her home so she could rent a castle? Or the one who wanted a celebrity wedding so bad she had to have "the dentist to the starts" and the "photographer to the stars"? The only sane one they've had all season was the lawyer. I think her name was Angela? She wasn't so much a Bridezilla as a little pushy....

Last edited by Jimmy Choo; 10-17-2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling