GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,790
1 members and 1,789 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 01-03-2004, 04:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nddysgrl
Sisterhood Events

Cera1687- What great ideas!!!! I'm so excited for this upcoming semester, I know formal will be a blast!!!The fondue party was AWESOME too, and the Virgin Cocktail Party I just can't wait for!!!

AOE
Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 AM
cutiepatootie

for you scrapbookers out there... gather the girls and have a scrapbook retreat at a resort for the weekend somewhere. doesnt have to be expensive. here in california renting a mtn cabin for a weekend is rarely inexpensive

pretty much an all weekend sleepover!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Speaking of scrapbooking...

While browsing on Ebay I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2216306537

And if you look at the seller's other items they have them for several sororities. Too cute!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

We used to do Progressive Dinners all the time. That's when different members of the chapter volunteer their houses, and you go to a different person's house for each course. Appetizer at one person's house with corresponding beverages, salad at another persons, entree at another persons, etc. etc. You could do three or four houses, or you could do like 9 and just have a lot of courses! But it is a lot of fun!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been trying to get my chapter to do karaoke night. It's really cheap -- all you need is a machine (our school has one that we can borrow), a room (we're unhoused, so we reserve classrooms for this kind of thing), and snacks. It's a lot of fun! Acting silly is a great way to bond with each other.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
I always thought it would be fun to do something silly like, go to Chuckie Cheese's wearing letters, you could eat pizza, have a skee ball tournament, win goofy prizes, and take lots of funny pictures for the chapter scrapbook.

Another fun video game type social could be a Dance Dance Revolution tournament you could go to an arcade with a couple of machines or borrow a ps2 from a sister or an obliging fraternity brother, as long as you can get the footpads. then you can have hours of fun stumbling/dancing along to the music, you could give the girl with the best moves a small tropy er something. I dunno
Old 02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DZPrincess2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Adelphean1851
I always thought it would be fun to do something silly like, go to Chuckie Cheese's wearing letters, you could eat pizza, have a skee ball tournament, win goofy prizes, and take lots of funny pictures for the chapter scrapbook.

LOL we actually just had a mixer with Sig Ep at Chuck E. Cheese a few weeks ago and had a great time!!! We're required to have so many dry mixers a semester and I was tired of the same old bowling mixers so I thought it would be fun to go to Chuck E. Cheese and it was a blast! The girls and guys made fun of me (I'm our social chair) and Sig Ep's social chair and said we were like the mom and dad passing out tokens and making sure everyone got their pizza. Oh well, someone's got to do it!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

We had Bid Day at Chuck E. Cheese's. It was pretty fun, my Pi pal and I pooled our tokens to get tickets and then used them to get tacky fake fingernails and lip stuff and such...we still haven't worn them out yet!
Old 03-01-2004, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
glad i'm not alone

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that would be fun. I was beginning to think I was crazy. Anyway, I'm the incoming VP of programming (socials) for my alumnae assocation and I thought I might use that one as a family night er something since alot of our girls have kids.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Baltimore, MD - Missing Sitting on the Green Monster with Johnny Damon and Teddy Bruschi
Send a message via AIM to PlymouthDZ
a fun one my chapter has used (we actually used it for recruitment) is tye-dying pillow cases. Then, we kept the ones for the girls we were giving bids to and we all signed them and gave the pillow cases to the new memebers on Bid Day as part of their Bid Day Packs. All the sisters had a blast, and we even passed around our pillow cases.. its was like signing yearbooks.. cheesey but fun!

also.. this week, we're having a physical education dept. professor teach us line dancing. Fun fun fun!!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Adelphean1851
My chapter did that one year during our "Spirit Week" (the week before formal recruitment" -- we got great photos out of it that ended up being part of our end-of-the-year slideshow and some that made it into next year's recruitment video!
Old 03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
go roller skating! fun from the 1970s and you get a killer let workout too.

my sorority is big on eating food. so anything involving a potluck is usually pretty good. everyone signs up for a certain genre of food...etc

We have some pretty funny games too:
This one sisterhood night we divided up into each others family in the house. The sisterhood chair stood in the middle and gave us a word. (We used the word "love.") We went around in a circle to each family and had to come up with a popular song with the word love in it and sing it to the best of our ability (just a phrase or so, not the whole song.) We did this until each family was eliminated... if you couldn't think of a song or repeated a song already sung, you were eliminated.
We are all tone deaf so it was one of the more memorable games we played.