GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,272
3 members and 2,269 guests
Cookiez17, Overthinker, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 06-18-2005, 10:22 PM

One of themes we do that does have activity is Beer Olympics. People dress like the 80's like short shorts high socks etc. and you have to do either physical activity like pushups with beer in your mouth or beer pong flip cup quarters the winner gets a bottle. Others are

Wedding tap : You have a shot for every stage dating engage married children and the worst shot divorce Socials randomly pick partners you can get divorced and date someone else

Handcuff : Either you stayed handcuffed all night or you have to do different things to get uncuffed

Heaven and Hell : YOu start in hell and different favors shots etc are done to get you into heaven

Partner tap : Famous couples throughout media or history

Toga Tap
Anything for money
Anything but clothes: we made clothes out of colored duct tape...the guys used boxes...trash bags etc....LOTS OF FUN

80's
SalVal: Go to the Salvation Army and get the most outrageous clothes not only is it fun and funny but you help a good cause

Graffiti
CEO's Office ho's

none of these themes work unless people dress up Anything but clothes is my favorite we did it for the first time this year and people get real real creative.

As for the comment about how this makes Greeks look...we deserve to have fun we do sooo much Community Service Phylanthropy campus activites that a tap shouldn't reflect on us we deserve a break too...obviously go out and represent your organization in a safe non-sloppy drunken fun presentable way
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-26-2005, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I too was just chosen to be Social Chair of my chapter for the 2006 year. I'm really excited - these themes sound great! Anyone have any other ideas I might be able to use?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

we had a few fun themes this year....dukes of hazzard, holidays, thank god i'm not. i think other cute themes would be camo, as well as one where you dress like supermodels.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

theme idea

I am sure this has been used before, but how about "Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes" or "Corporate Lives and Trophy Wives" or "Famous Couples"

All 3 ideas are fun, and you can come up with some pretty funny costumes. The last is great for a date party

Last edited by wildcatsKSU; 01-08-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to alphatauomega02
Some we've had...

Of course over the years we've had the $5 Formal, etc...
Here's a few others:
Tie Dye Toga: Just a different spin on a toga
Wild Wild West: Rent out some western games, like the "bullride" on ropes and poles or go all out with a mechanical bull.
Dancing with the Stars: More of a formal event maybe, but get a ballroom dancing instructor from on campus to teach a few basic moves for the first 30 minutes, pick a partner, and have fun with it.
Freaks and Geeks: Dress up as either a freak or a geek.
Sportcenter: Favorite sports players or whatever....
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Another Idea that has not been said

I am a new social chair for my fraternity and we had a Black and White Social.

Everyone had to dress in black and white only. No exceptions. If your shoes were black with a little bit of other color in it, your attire was not acceptable.

You can mix it up and do a P. Diddy All White Party if you like.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:21 AM
GreekChat Member

triple crown

We planned on having a triple crown sort of thing but never got around to the last event. You can't do these on the same night.

Tour de Franzia: teams of 4 (2 guys, 2 girls) race to finish a 5 liter box of wine. Bring a camera because the faces people make after trying to chug wine get pretty hilarious.

Kegtuky Derby: Teams race to finish a pony keg.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

all these socials sound amazing!! i cant wait to bring them up (im the new social chair for the 2007 year). keep em comin!!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are some ideas for mixers that my chapter has done...

*Rockstars and Groupies - everyone dressed up then we went to club for karaoke night.
*70s mixer - rented a disco bus then we all went to a skating rink... this was my favorite one, everyone had so much fun!
*I'm Glad I'm Not... - pretty self explanatory, just dress up as something or someone ur glad ur not
*Corporate Lives and Trophy Wives
*Teachers and Students
*Secs and Execs (secretaries and Executives)
*Who wants to marry a (insert name of fraternity here)

Hope that Helps!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

those sound awesome..i especially like the "im glad im not..." one..thank youuu!!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah, u'd be surpirsed what people come up with for that one...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

any new ideas

I'm the rush chair for 07 and after reading through all the posts, which started in 2000, I wondered if anyone has any recent ideas, or any clever names for parties that have already been posted.

For instance, the last day of school last semester my Fraternity through the party where everyone wears white and you are handed a highlighter when you enter. We also bought 30 blacklights, and put white paper all over and handed out different markers so people could write on those. The name of the party was Blackout, and the shirts looked like the Everlast logo(boxing).

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greekprincess10
Well, my college has like recruitment themes and I am a recent freshman in the sorority and in the college. For my Bid Day we had like a Hawian theme, so I was thinking for our new members that we could use like a New York theme. I was thinking like a club scene, and put paper up with markers and club like music.

The only thing is, what kind of food/drinks would I use. We aren't allowed to drink. So does anyone have any ideas to help me?

Thanks for the responses!
Jaclyn
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekprincess10 View Post
Well, my college has like recruitment themes and I am a recent freshman in the sorority and in the college. For my Bid Day we had like a Hawian theme, so I was thinking for our new members that we could use like a New York theme. I was thinking like a club scene, and put paper up with markers and club like music.

The only thing is, what kind of food/drinks would I use. We aren't allowed to drink. So does anyone have any ideas to help me?

Thanks for the responses!
Jaclyn

For starters, you could stop calling it "Hawaiian".
Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to missjess2006 Send a message via Yahoo to missjess2006
Mardis Gras Mixer

Can someone give me some ideas of what to do at a Mardi Gras social. We thought it would be a good idea for this time of year and are leaning toward the 'masquerade' theme. But what are some games or something we can do for the entertainment of everyone.

Thanks!

TKES & TAUS
"She's known as an individualist, a party girl, a procrastinator, an absolute failure, and a huge success."