GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,489
2 members and 2,487 guests
Xidelt

Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned

NEXT ( WHOS NEXT )!!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-20-2009, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
oh ok..............
i've been craving some fried chicken. *puts on big ass name chain and hoop earrings and goes to chicken spot*
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
oh ok..............
next time you come home we'll go over north and hang out. We can get a fried fish sammich and some chicken wings. K?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Was this suppose to be an insult....Chicken and Kool-Aid? I happen to enjoy both. And if I have a fine sister to accompany me even better !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH 101 View Post
whats so funny fool

the only hole im digging is for you, cause thats were your going to end up if you keep messing with these hoodrats.

ow and p.s.

we can meet up at your favorite place chicken and kool-aid

Richard L. Evans
Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
NEXT ( WHOS NEXT )!!!!!
Not trying to be funny but, are you college educated?

And since you know so many black women who are hoodrats (as you say), do these hoodrats have Bachelor's and Master's degrees? I'm just curious because that would be a new phenomenon that I hadn't heard of.

Could it be that you have been spending too much time in the hood and therefore that's why you are meeting nothing but hoodrats (as you call them)?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Banned

Boredom leads members to entertain trolls.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

True....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post

Richard L. Evans
Old 10-20-2009, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
yeah and unfortunately this place has been rather boring lately.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
You've been a member for all of one day, and you're already going off about "typical" behavior?

Hmm.
and ya' know what? your're absoutely right. i just thought i made myself as clear as possible. i tried stressing the word "most" as much as i could.

I N T E L L I G E N T
M E N
Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
Wow...thank you for perpetuating the stereotypes of Black women. I could list some popular stereotypes of Black men also but that's been done several times before. And there's a pretty popular stereotype out there about Black men and screwing also...for decades...so very ironic that you would try to go there about Black women. Honestly many Black women I've met (and I have met many) are just the opposite of what you describe here, but then I am well rounded and have been many places and have met many different types of Black people and people in general. When I read or hear this kind of description it's usually coming from those that are not well rounded and have not been many places beyond their own backyard and are themselves, classless (which by the way, your comments regarding class reveal a very shallow and superficial definition...a bit "fake" elitist also). I think SOME Black men really need to take a look in the mirror. You want to be treated as a King but do not want to take on the responsibilities of a King. You want to be King but do not want to work at being King: going to school, taking care of your family, not making excuses, loving, respecting, and appreciating your woman, etc. You want to be admired but do not want to do what it takes to make yourself admirable. And most Black women are not willing to treat you like a King when you don't act like one or even have the desire to TRULY be one. We will not lie to you so that you will feel good. We are not willing to lay down our dreams and desires so that you will feel big when you are not doing anything to make yourself feel big all on your own. If you go after women in other races because they will lie to you and make you appear bigger than you are actually demonstrating, then so be it. Stop trying to put most Black women in a box, like all of us are just one way and are hoodrats or something. There seems to be a contradiction here. I thought many of us were going to college and getting good jobs, doing our thang, etc. Which is it? As far as learning how to love you, why don't you also learn to love us? I haven't seen a book on that lately. We have needs too although some seem to think we don't or something. I know many Black women who are just the opposite of what you list here so what happens when these women are doing it all and giving 150% only to get 50% back in return? What is your advice for them? Answer that.
well, give me some credit for my comments, rhoyaltempest. i tried to make it an even playing field as much as possible. my comments were only based off of experiences.

now, your comeback to my "experiences" would then be "well, maybe it's where you're interacting with black women. are you just dealing with 'hoodrats', bold, corporate, every-single moms, or 'real' black women?" my answer to that would then be "i've dealt with sistas in ALL capacities, and the same result".

so, there ya' have it. that's why i feel the way that i feel....

I N T E L L I G E N T
M E N
Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ok I understand were you coming from now I am scared of black women see people this is why we have problems you clown me because of my spelling because I’m typing fast, is that all you have is to call me names. I won’t worry about that to me that’s just jealousy. I have a black girlfriend so I’m doing good, we get along just fine, but I can tell you this when you have a African American girlfriend and she looks at her own sisters in shame it goes to show why you are on here calling people names. I guess your one of the women I’m talking about, the women that is from the ghetto, that has no respect, that is single I bet your single right, don’t tell me your married cause I just wont believe it. I feel by the way your upset by my honest opinion

that you are the one with the issues of black men not wanting to be with a black women so hopefully you can come up with something a little better then that weak blow your trying to give me, and if you really have a problem we can meet up and take care of this like a black hood rat chick with weave in her hair that has big earrings and a chain that has her name across it you hood rat.
Are you a beauty or special ed dropout, because judging from your "response" I'm beginning to think that you are both.

Is THIS the best that you could/can do? Are you trying to insult me, because with what you are "attempting" to say, I cannot even BEGIN to muddle through this sad mess!

That's all you are showing is that you're a sad mess! And I quote "I guess your one of the women I’m talking about, the women that is from the ghetto, that has no respect." Without even beginning to DIGNIFY your so called "conclusion" and "psychoanalysis" of me, you just keep putting your foot in your mouth and wondering why I'm just handing you a spoon!

Oh, was that "too educated" for you to understand, or was it not "hoodrat" enough for you?

Lemme tell you something, I'm not upset AT ALL by your opinions, because they are just that, OPINIONS and everybody has one, including the ignorant. It doesn't mean they're right, it just means that hooked on phonics and actually paying attention don't always work for some people.

Again, you are the one that apparently has the problem with Black women, and I quote "a black hood rat chick with weave in her hair that has big earrings and a chain that has her name across it you hood rat." Ain't nobody throwing up race but YOU!

So do yourself a favor, go an get some psychoanalytical therapy or go and get some reality therapy and become like the dryer sheet--BOUNCE!

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today: CLASSIC FOOL = EPIC FAIL!

Last edited by libramunoz; 10-20-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I agree 100% with what I bolded.

I disagree with the other. It's the folks who don't love or respect themselves, those are the folks who "know how to screw" but don't "know how" to love anyone else, and this goes for MEN too, not just women. Race doesn't matter.

It is an impossibility to love someone else if you don't love yourself first.
well, i could've gone on & on & on & on & on with my post, but i just wanted to hit on what i thought were the "key" parts. i didn't mean to make it sound like "ALL men know how to love and most women dont", so i apologize for not making myself clear.

HOWEVER, i will ask all you guys this; the image that's been pinned on my beautiful sistas by not only society, but other black men and women (sistas' are LOUD, sistas' are COMPLICATED, sistas' are THIS, sistas' are THAT).......where on earth did it come from? the title of this thread is called "Are Black Women Scaring Off Black Men", so i wanted to keep it on topic. should you guys want to create a thread called "Are Black Men Scaring Off Black Women", i would probably respond to that thread just as much as i am to this thread.

the responses i get from this question is going to be interesting; and please don't tell me that the image just fell out the sky from the backroads of a hick town......lol.

I N T E L L I G E N T
M E N
Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
That's all you are showing is that you're a sad mess! And I quote "I guess your one of the women I’m talking about, the women that is from the ghetto, that has no respect." Without even beginning to DIGNIFY your so called "conclusion" and "psychoanalysis" of me, you just keep putting your foot in your mouth and wondering why I'm just handing you a spoon!
i've saw his statement 5 to 6 times, and i can't believe it thinks he knows you......lol. wow, unbelievable. not knowing how to have class/respect has nothing to do where someone comes from....

I N T E L L I G E N T
M E N
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
i've been craving some fried chicken. *puts on big ass name chain and hoop earrings and goes to chicken spot*
LOL That's why I didn't even feed that dude.
Romans 1:16
Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
next time you come home we'll go over north and hang out. We can get a fried fish sammich and some chicken wings. K?
I'm all for that, LG. and LOL @ "sammich"
Romans 1:16