GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,153
2 members and 1,151 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

recruitment again?

So, I'm going to be a sophomore this upcoming fall and I'm debating if i should rush again! I rushed in the fall of my freshman year, but it just didn't seem to work out. I didn't have any rec letters (which are needed at my school) and I didn't know anyone from my school! Then in the spring my friend wanted me to rush her sorority so i did! This time i knew so many of the girls who are all my friends outside of greek life. (I hang out with them all the time) Yet,i still didn't get a bid. I talked to my friends about it and they said it is because I didn't have any alumnae who knew me. So, I don't know if I should go through recruitment again... I have rec letters for almost all 11 of the sorority on campus and all my friends think I should, but I'm still weary about it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

How are your grades? Did you join any orgs on campus?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulingu View Post
So, I'm going to be a sophomore this upcoming fall and I'm debating if i should rush again! I rushed in the fall of my freshman year, but it just didn't seem to work out. I didn't have any rec letters (which are needed at my school) and I didn't know anyone from my school! Then in the spring my friend wanted me to rush her sorority so i did! This time i knew so many of the girls who are all my friends outside of greek life. (I hang out with them all the time) Yet,i still didn't get a bid. I talked to my friends about it and they said it is because I didn't have any alumnae who knew me. So, I don't know if I should go through recruitment again... I have rec letters for almost all 11 of the sorority on campus and all my friends think I should, but I'm still weary about it.
What does "didn't seem to work out" mean? Were you released from recruitment entirely or chose to withdraw? Are you friends with girls in multiple houses and not just the one who didn't give you a bid the first time?
Old 07-18-2015, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I choose to withdraw! and I am friends with girls in almost all the houses! the one that didn't give me a bid are just where the majority of my friends are. (we go out all the time) and my gap now is 3.65 and I got into an honor society!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

*gpa
Old 07-18-2015, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I suggest you read this thread about to get some ideas of what has to change when you re-rush. As you have probably gathered from the other answers already, there has to be very noticeable change when you go through again.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulingu View Post
I talked to my friends about it and they said it is because I didn't have any alumnae who knew me.
Alumnae who know you = one or more recs.

Now you finally have the one thing that you've stated you've needed all along -- recs. Sure, give it another shot! Just try to follow the standard advice to keep an open mind to all of the chapters.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:26 PM

Also, you need to have a good answer on hand in case anyone remembers you from last fall and asks why you withdrew from Rush. Protip: "I didn't like the sororities I had left" is not a good answer.