GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,346
0 members and 1,346 guests
No Members online

Old 06-23-2001, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Low down on Sororities and Fraternities

If you didn't give the lowdown on the houses on your campus, here's the place to let us know what the reps are, who's the best, the worst, the hottest! Don't forget to give us a little background on your campus.

At Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, 17,000 students, 20 fraternities, 6 sororities, 8 Multicultural sororities and Fraternities:

Fraternities:
Pikes are the largest, with 110 guys, they are the jocks that think they are fabulous. Athletic, partiers, good looking...we were paired with them for Greek Week and they didn't give a damn about us, only about winning, they won by a HUGE margin.

Sigma Chi (50+) used to be a strong, large house, but were kicked off because a pledge that was dropped filed a lawsuit, it was thrown out, but CP hates greeks and any excuse to kick them off, they will. They are the "Wonder Boys" beautiful, wealthy, athletic, leaders among men types...cocky, stuck up, they hang out with the Alpha Phi's and Gamma Phi's. I have to say they are one of the closest knit groups, you always see them out in packs downtown...my boyfriend is a Sigma Chi

Lambda Chi (60+)- big, athletic group, they throw great parties, most of them are nice guys, my ex was a Lambda Chi

Kappa Sig (75+): They used be the nicest, most down to earth guys, not they are HUGE, they grew too fast and got cocky, too. Talented guys, usually they win Mr. Fraternity and lots of sporting events.

Theta Chi: new cute group of guys, they haven't been around long, but they have great looking, fun guys that we all want to hang with.

Smaller houses that arean't highly regarded:
TKE (20 guys), DU (maybe 15), Sigma Nu (20)

Sororities:
Alpha Phi: The coke heads...typical sorority girls, all blonde, beautiful, wealthy, but STUCK UP. They always win greek week.

Gamma Phi Beta: Cookie cutter girls, barbies, but brunette and blonde ones. Stuck up party girls who think they are the best at everything.

AChiO: Mixed group of girls, they are popular, and fun, a little snooty at times. They have notoriously bad rush policies...they promise and pull back bids, extend bids early and then take them the next quarter...sneaky girls when it comes to rush.

Sigma Kappa: Nice, down to earth girls, not super attractive, but few good looking girls, you don't hear very much about them. But all the fraternities like them because they are down to earth.

Kappa Alpha Theta:
We have had some bad rushes. 5 years ago, we were going for numbers and it killed us in terms of quality, we a few years we were known as the 'big' girls, these past two years, we have had kick butt rushes and are coming up...we now have some of the most beautiful and active girls on campus, one of our Thetas was Homecoming Queen, we have a couples professional models in the house, we are looking up! Our National reputation is definately helping us. But through it all, we have been known as the down to earth fun girls.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-23-2001, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

SLOTheta, I think this post was a GREAT idea! You hear so much on this board about not talking about other houses, etc. This way, if you don't want to read opinions, you don't have to! Welcome to GC by the way!
Old 06-23-2001, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

HI there Preppie!
I think it's just fun to hear abouat what's going on on other campuses. I've met a ton of girls from other campuses and we always exchange the who's who on campus, and we just laugh because it's soooo different every where else!

Have fun!

------------------
*Nancy*
*Kappa Alpha Theta*
*Zeta Theta Chapter*