GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,810
2 members and 1,808 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma

Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Just FYI. Quota was 64. 53 Underclassman, 11 Upperclassman. There were many chapters that took quota additions.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g41965 View Post
Hope I'm not intruding into the ladies side of things but my daughter just accepted a bid from ADPI at Texas. I can also tell you ADPI matched 86 new members. My wife is an ADPI from Vanderbilt and she went down for bid day , she is mighty pleased. Loves the house as well.
Observations from a guys point of view; I did not realize how exhausting this was until my daughter went through rush. When I met my wife she was already in graduate school and I never really noticed, when I was was in school. My daughter must have walked 15 miles this last week, she's excited but tired.
Second I do feel badly for the girls that dropped or got released, it's got to hurt.
Third I think being in a sorority is great, on a campus with 50,000 students its good to have a place to go to. Greeklife really is about the little things, having someone to study with, intermurals, watching TV at the house etc. Students are on campus to study, my daughter is in honors as well (shamelss plug), remember these girls are 18, maybe 19, its not all about being slaves to the grind that will happen soon enough. I hope everyone's daughter,or son for that matter has a happy smart and safe year.

Just my two cents.
Yea! I love it when dad;s come on here! great post and congrats to your daughter and your wife on adpi!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
For SWTXBelle

http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotec...type=1&theater

Delta Gamma Cookies for UT today.
Those cookies are adorable!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
Just FYI. Quota was 64. 53 Underclassman, 11 Upperclassman. There were many chapters that took quota additions.
It looks like almost all chapters took quota additons this year..
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

THANK YOU!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

SWTXBelle, With your run of DG new members from your rec. crew, i think DG nationals needs to send you a couple dozen of those yummy looking cookies!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

So proud of UT DG's and their 73 new member class 12! They also had BEVO make a personal appearance as the ladies arrived!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
SWTXBelle, With your run of DG new members from your rec. crew, i think DG nationals needs to send you a couple dozen of those yummy looking cookies!

Pi Phis should pony up, too! I'm just so happy my girls are finding their homes and so many sororities are finding out how great our Katy women are!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g41965 View Post
Hope I'm not intruding into the ladies side of things but my daughter just accepted a bid from ADPI at Texas. I can also tell you ADPI matched 86 new members. My wife is an ADPI from Vanderbilt and she went down for bid day , she is mighty pleased. Loves the house as well.
Observations from a guys point of view; I did not realize how exhausting this was until my daughter went through rush. When I met my wife she was already in graduate school and I never really noticed, when I was was in school. My daughter must have walked 15 miles this last week, she's excited but tired.
Second I do feel badly for the girls that dropped or got released, it's got to hurt.
Third I think being in a sorority is great, on a campus with 50,000 students its good to have a place to go to. Greeklife really is about the little things, having someone to study with, intermurals, watching TV at the house etc. Students are on campus to study, my daughter is in honors as well (shamelss plug), remember these girls are 18, maybe 19, its not all about being slaves to the grind that will happen soon enough. I hope everyone's daughter,or son for that matter has a happy smart and safe year.

Just my two cents.
Congratulations on your daughter becoming an ADPi--I know your wife must be so happy!!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

So good to hear that so many chapters had quota additions... Its always good to see more girls placed!

Congrats to all the girls getting bids

Need to follow up on my rec crew there
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM
SECKDLady

Congrats ADPi Dad and Daughter! I'm sure you will enjoy the Daddy/Daughter weekend! I know how hard the ladies have worked this week...on all sides of recruitment...including alumni! Have a wonderful year and a beautiful lifelong journey with your sisters!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like the KD website is announcing 84 new members. Congrats ladies!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's what I know from FB stalking

DDD 78
AXO 76
AXID 73
KD 84
ADPI 86
DG 73
KKG 63
PBP
APHI 73
XO
ZTA 75...they said on FB that they have 20 legacies
KAT 73
AEPHI 75

Of course these #s could be a little off since my source was facebook..please feel free to add..

Last edited by Ladybugmom; 08-31-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

AXiD is correct - 73 pledges!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

From facebook, looks like a girl I know from home who I suspected was going through recruitment actually did and is now a pledge of AEPhi! Congrats, she's a sweetheart

for hope, for strength, for life