GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,074
2 members and 1,072 guests
No Members online

Old 04-29-2004, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

it does depend on the school/group.
in my pledge class of 23 there are 12 freshmen and 11 upperclassmen, but i know of at least one other group on campus that took a pledge class of most if not all freshmen in the fall when i went through.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 04-29-2004, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
I have to agree with this. It's better to give no advice than bad advice.

Secondly, why-oh-why won't more Panhellenics go to "free juniors and seniors"?!?!?
I agree with her statement too.

Honeychile--I agree that that should be done, but I think it's because some panhellenics like to be poopy instead of giving every possible PNM the best possible advantage of getting a bid
Old 04-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
I agree with her statement too.

Honeychile--I agree that that should be done, but I think it's because some panhellenics like to be poopy instead of giving every possible PNM the best possible advantage of getting a bid
Mary, I agree. Unfortunately, that's the attitude that equates sorority with ditzy airheads, instead of the major power that we truly could be, if we thought more Panhellenic!!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Miami University has a relatively competitive recruitment, but it's not uncommon to see sophomores going through. However, each sorority typically has an amount of sophomores they will take in a new member class. I think our new member class of 44 girls has 3 sophomores.

It's pretty rare to see juniors going through recruitment here. Only one went through this January, and I believe she did not get a bid. It all depends on the campus environment.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
I'm going to be a first year senior next year, and I know that I'll be cut by every sorority, except for 1 to 3 of them. But I'm going through this rush with an open mind.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ADqtPiMel
Miami University has a relatively competitive recruitment, but it's not uncommon to see sophomores going through. However, each sorority typically has an amount of sophomores they will take in a new member class. I think our new member class of 44 girls has 3 sophomores.

It's pretty rare to see juniors going through recruitment here. Only one went through this January, and I believe she did not get a bid. It all depends on the campus environment.
But if your chapter was not penalized by having juniors or seniors count towards quota, do you think that more upperclassmen would go through recruitment? That's my complaint!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
When I was a chapter advisor in Bowling Green in the late 80s/ early 90s, the sororities competed heavily for juniors (didn't see too many seniors going through) because they did not count toward your quota. The system there (at that time) allowed up to 5 juniors in addition to quota (and quota then was 35-45). Juniors were ranked and matched separately. I always thought that worked best for all. The women going through recruitment as juniors were often transfers or had been on campus but had opted not to rush earlier. As an advisor, I loved having juniors in the new member class... they were leaders and a stablizing force among the other new members.