GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,064
1 members and 2,063 guests
Joobee

Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question NPC bids....please help!

OKAY....here is my problem.

My school already has a frat (kappa sigma) and now we are trying to get a sorority. The girl, who was in charge, has stepped down due to many reasons. So now, it is up to anyone that wants to step up and try to get this NPC process moving. I think I am the one who is going to try to do this...

We have received (or did, I should say) two bids from two out of the 26 sororities. One of them was taken away from us. I was wondering how this happens?

I really think its important that we have a choice between 2 sororities. I would like to know your feelings, and what I can do, or any other threads you know of that can help me out.

Thanks soo much for all your help, and I really need it!

<33
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-03-2004, 07:37 PM

Re: NPC bids....please help!

Quote:
Originally posted by emily2228
We have received (or did, I should say) two bids from two out of the 26 sororities. One of them was taken away from us. I was wondering how this happens?
One group may have decided that it was not in their best interest to colonize at that campus, or did not have sufficient alumnae support in the area, or they may have already had commitments elsewhere, thus they opted to pull out.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Re: Re: NPC bids....please help!

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
One group may have decided that it was not in their best interest to colonize at that campus, or did not have sufficient alumnae support in the area, or they may have already had commitments elsewhere, thus they opted to pull out.
This is very true. When an organization looks at possible extension opportunities, there are many factors to consider. CP2000 stated just a few. Another factor is that sometimes groups do not want to be the "first" on a particular campus. They will take a "wait and see" approach should the campus open again.

FWIW, I would definitely take a good look at the choice that is available. These women have put time and effort into the opportunity. They want to be there. Becoming a colony member has many rewards and there are a few threads about it. Your campus' situation is also unique in that it is opening to Greek Life. The first fraternity and sorority will lay the foundation for what GL will be in the future. That is an important responsibility

Good luck and keep us posted!

ETA links:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...=colony+member

Last edited by aopirose; 11-04-2004 at 01:01 PM.