GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,840
0 members and 1,840 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfersLady View Post
Thanks for posting these photos! My chapter is new (within the last ten years) so our president's badge is on the more modest side.
I'm in the same boat as you! I probably wouldn't have known about the really old president's badges had I not gone to RLC, actually!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Interesting piece of Theta history/trivia: in the 1950s and into the early 1960s, for chapters founded in that time frame, the Fraternity had President's badges created using the original die(s) from the founders' badges. Seriously. I have no idea what clasps were used, but assume they were modern ones. I have not seen any of those President's badges; my own chapter was founded in 1950, but I do not recall a specific President's badge.

It would be interesting to track down those chapters and see if those badges were still in the chapters' possessions. (grammar nerd runs off to check use of apostrophes and plurals, feel free to step in and correct me, GC grammar police!)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

This is the SAI chapter president's ring. Our chapter doesn't have this, but I wish we did. It's a pretty ring.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Delta Gamma has a president's badge that is larger than standard and flat instead of rounded. It has all pearls recessed into it. The guard is a gavel.
The DG presidents' badge is shown here: http://www.jbrandt.com/products-list...cognition-pins

I seem to remember when I was chapter president, the president's badge had a different stone, but I may be wrong. I lost it, and felt guilty for a couple of years until I could reimburse the chapter and allow them to replace it. Anyone remember a badge with a different stone? I was thinking emeralds, but I'm not sure that makes sense, since jeweled DG pins are always only pearls or diamonds.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I did not realize/know that DG used a different jeweler. WOW those are some amazing choices in jewelry you guys have. Have you seen the quality on these badges from jbrandt?

Man am I ever on the "jealous of everyone else path" today. Need to adjust my attitude.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-03-2011, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Interesting piece of Theta history/trivia: in the 1950s and into the early 1960s, for chapters founded in that time frame, the Fraternity had President's badges created using the original die(s) from the founders' badges. Seriously. I have no idea what clasps were used, but assume they were modern ones. I have not seen any of those President's badges; my own chapter was founded in 1950, but I do not recall a specific President's badge.

It would be interesting to track down those chapters and see if those badges were still in the chapters' possessions. (grammar nerd runs off to check use of apostrophes and plurals, feel free to step in and correct me, GC grammar police!)
My chapter was founded in 1955 and while I remember that the president's badge was different from the rest, I can't recall what exactly was different about it. I'll email the current president and see if she will be gracious enough to take a picture. (provided, of course, that it is still the same badge...)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
No President's badge in my Chi Omega chapter, but, we did have a beautiful yellow gold gavel (about an inch in length) with the crest affixed. It was passed down year after year, but is no longer a part of the chapter tradition. Someone must have lost it along the way.

A funny story when I was chapter president and wearing the necklace, a guy noticed the charm and thought it ws a lawnmower!! I said, "Why yes, I'm lavaliered to a yard man."
Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Wow, I'm really enjoying looking at these gorgeous badges and rings! All those different TriDelt badges (especially the chased one with blue stones) are beautiful!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
To my knowledge, ADPi doesn't have a standard Chapter President pin. My chapter president wears a Founder's Pin, regular pears, and a fancy guard.
Cool. Thanks for sharing, although I would have thought that most chapters would see to it that the pears were a little more special, maybe at least from Harry and David.

Just gently kidding, of course.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
Cool. Thanks for sharing, although I would have thought that most chapters would see to it that the pears were a little more special, maybe at least from Harry and David.

Just gently kidding, of course.
Well, a pair of pears is always nice.

It may be more exciting, I just don't remember it. Our Founder only died in the past 10-15 years (she was about 100 years old, seriously!), so we didn't even have that when I was around.

There's a President's ring available, but it used to be a normal ADPi ring. I haven't figured out how to cut & paste with this laptop yet, so I'll have to post it from another computer.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it would be really cool if our Archons (presidents) had a special badge. Hmm maybe an Alumni key? Or even a jeweled badge with garnets on it?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was president, I wore a badge that was a mixture of the two below. It was larger and flatter than the regular badge. It was chased like the first one with a chased chapter letters guard and a gavel dangle. It had opals like the second one below, but they were smaller going up the sides of the crescent. The three stars had larger opals. I think mine had white enameled letters, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I was told it was a copy of an early badge, but I don't remember the details now.

I had a lovely yellow cable knit sweater that it looked especially beautiful on. The opals just glowed against the yellow sweater.

I wore that badge all the time for almost two years, but don't have a single close up shot of it.

I'm not a terribly materialistic person, but man. I loved that badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfersLady View Post
For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.

It was massive, had opals up the crescent, and had opals in the stars, if I'm correct. I was stunned by how unique it was, and when I asked her about the badge, she said that it was a founding sister of their chapter's badge!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
No President's badge in my Chi Omega chapter, but, we did have a beautiful yellow gold gavel (about an inch in length) with the crest affixed. It was passed down year after year, but is no longer a part of the chapter tradition. Someone must have lost it along the way.

A funny story when I was chapter president and wearing the necklace, a guy noticed the charm and thought it ws a lawnmower!! I said, "Why yes, I'm lavaliered to a yard man."
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
When I was president, I wore a badge that was a mixture of the two below. It was larger and flatter than the regular badge. It was chased like the first one with a chased chapter letters guard and a gavel dangle. It had opals like the second one below, but they were smaller going up the sides of the crescent. The three stars had larger opals. I think mine had white enameled letters, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I was told it was a copy of an early badge, but I don't remember the details now.

I had a lovely yellow cable knit sweater that it looked especially beautiful on. The opals just glowed against the yellow sweater.

I wore that badge all the time for almost two years, but don't have a single close up shot of it.

I'm not a terribly materialistic person, but man. I loved that badge.

OPAL BADGE!!!!!!!!!!! want
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

No special chapter president's badge for us. As I've noted in the Badge Trends thread, the jewels on our badge are standardized and the only option we have is in the quality of the gold, so design-wise, we all wear the same badge.