GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,344
1 members and 2,343 guests
amileqtivanova1

Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta, your daughter and family are in my prayers. I hope she's in touch with you again soon.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
would you all please prayer for my daughter? her apartment got hit by the tornado in tuscaloosa. we think she is alright, but lost phone contact with her and don't know where she is.
Try texting because I haven't been able to reach many people there by phone, but text messages seem to be going through. I've gotten through by trying people that I know are on different networks because some seem to work and some don't. Can you call or text some of her friends? Definitely keep us updated.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

thanks ladies. did hear from her again. her apartment doesn't have windows or power. car windows were blown out and much damage to her car, but she is okay. she and her roommate sheltered some 2nd story neighbors and she told her daddy that it does sound like a train when the tornado bears down on you! her fiance' is on the way from birmingham to get her-if he can get through. i hear on the weather channel that the governor has activated the national guard. i would appreciate continued prayers for her safety.(son had no problems in birmingham, as samford is in a southern suburb of birmingham and it appears that the tornado hit birmingham in the NW section.) prayers for all those suffering and displaced.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
^So glad to hear your daughter is safe!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
thanks ladies. did hear from her again. her apartment doesn't have windows or power. car windows were blown out and much damage to her car, but she is okay. she and her roommate sheltered some 2nd story neighbors and she told her daddy that it does sound like a train when the tornado bears down on you! her fiance' is on the way from birmingham to get her-if he can get through. i hear on the weather channel that the governor has activated the national guard. i would appreciate continued prayers for her safety.(son had no problems in birmingham, as samford is in a southern suburb of birmingham and it appears that the tornado hit birmingham in the NW section.) prayers for all those suffering and displaced.
Glad she's safe...I'm seeing a lot of photos being uploaded by students who had apartments around 15th & McFarland and it's insane. Hope the fiance can get to her soon.

Groucho Marx
Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Very glad your daughter is safe, FSUZeta.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

i can't thank you all enough for your prayer power. i just spoke with my daughter and she said that the windows in her apt. bedroom were blown out, so there is glass all over the room. her curtains blew off and landed on her tv which protected it. she has a vw golf and it is now missing its back window(the hatch) and a side window, but as she said those things can be fixed. finals at bama are scheduled for next week-she is hoping that they will just cancel them. the university will be lucky if they can clean up enough to host a graduation ceremony.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
^ I'm really glad your daughter is ok! The photos look terrible. Having just moved into Tornado alley myself...I have to say it is not comforting.

Thank you all for your prayers, I had a pretty good interview today. They have other candidates to review but I'm hoping for an in-person! Start date is July 1, so I'm hoping they move quickly.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

fingers crossed and prayers for you, phoenixazul!

the irony of the tornado is that we lived in oklahoma until the kids were 9 and 7!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i can't thank you all enough for your prayer power. i just spoke with my daughter and she said that the windows in her apt. bedroom were blown out, so there is glass all over the room. her curtains blew off and landed on her tv which protected it. she has a vw golf and it is now missing its back window(the hatch) and a side window, but as she said those things can be fixed. finals at bama are scheduled for next week-she is hoping that they will just cancel them. the university will be lucky if they can clean up enough to host a graduation ceremony.

im so glad to hear your daughter is ok, FSUZeta. ive been keeping an eye on the news and the amount of devastation is unreal.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta tell your daughter to check her campus email (or whatever mode of communication the school usually uses) because my brother came to my parents' today and said he was told exams are now optional. So basically you can take the grade you had in the class on Wednesday or you can contact your professors and arrange to take the exam next week and he heard graduation was moved to August (but that doesn't effect him so I don't know if that's true or not). Since that's second hand I don't know the source but tell her to look into it...I'm sure exams aren't really top of the list right now.

Groucho Marx
Old 04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta, I am so glad that your daughter is safe. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. It is times like this that test us.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thinking of you FSUZeta!!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend was so excited to find that she was pregnant...and then found out it was a false positive. The two of them are so bummed, they were very happy to become parents. Prayers headed to the east coast if you've got them to spare.

I'm sending prayers of well wishing to the new royal couple. It's about time I prayed for something I'm grateful for (love and happiness) rather than for all the stuff that's going wrong.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Please pray for my best friend and her husband, who have been on an emotional rollercoaster the past few weeks (years, actually)...

They have been trying to adopt for more than two years. During that time their profile has been viewed by many expecting parents, but have not been picked. They recently changed adoption agencies, and they were so excited to hear a few weeks ago that a couple had selected their profile and wanted to meet them.

They drove five hours, to the other side of the state, to meet the couple, and came back so excited...the couple had chosen them to give them their baby, due in June.

My friends talked to the couple a few times since then, getting updates on the pregnancy and expected birth date. Well, a couple of days ago they got a call from the dad saying that his girlfriend was going to be induced due to some medical issues. He said they wanted my friends to come over for the birth, so they got in their car and took off for the long drive. They were with the couple all day yesterday, and were there when the baby was born last night. They got to take photos with the baby, which they emailed to friends - with the baby's name announced. They had a blissful visit with the baby and couple this morning, then, just after getting back to their hotel to get some sleep, they got a call from the agency telling them that the couple had decided to keep the baby. It seems the dad's dad, who had never been mentioned before, had convinced them that they should keep the baby, nevermind that the couple had supposedly made up their mind long ago. Grandad is a lawyer and got fussy over the paperwork.

So, my friends, who are wonderful people and will be such great parents, are on their way home right now, full of all kinds of emotions. I can't even imagine how they must feel. We were all so happy that they were finally getting their baby, after starting the adoption process more than three years ago. Please say a little prayer that they are able to cope with this situation, and that they will have another chance to adopt very soon.