GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,446
0 members and 2,446 guests
No Members online

Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Thank you! We love our badge too! I know you love your ivy as much as we do! As for NPC, I absolutely love the KKG keys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
PS: As an Alpha Phi I have always been majorly jealous of Alpha Kappa Alpha's ivy shaped badge. As much as I love my monogram Alpha Phi badge, every time I see a pic of an AKA badge I just WANT.

As for fraternities, I have always loved the plain Alpha Tau Omega badge and the plain Sigma Chi badge. The fact I love Sigma Chi's has always kind of baffled me. I am most definitely not religious in any way, and the badge is all "Hi, I'm a cross." lol. Not something I would think I'd be drawn to, but I really am. I think it's something about the white enamel. It stands out so much compared to everything else.

Last edited by BossLadyAKA; 09-02-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Auto correct
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Not too sure. Mine got lost when my little was initiated. I was looking for a silver one and want jewels on it. Trying to decide which combination I like the most. They seem to be more expensive than they used to be.

I am leaning towards this one though:
I've got this badge! I wear it on a necklace sometimes that is a circle with a dogger through ut diagonally, with the pin in the middle. I love it.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I would definitely get this one for so many reasons.

I am obsessed with crowns and the color pink, my nickname is Themis, and the ZTA letters look very similar to my local sorority Zeta Iota Lambda.

Last edited by glittergal1985; 09-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I love my key, but I also really like Alpha Xi Delta's quill and Pi Phi's arrow.

ETA: After perusing the Badge Trends thread, I love that onyx Theta badge - OMG gorgeous! Also, loving me some Tri-Delt and Gamma Phi crescents. Also, someone posted a photo of a white & yellow gold AOII badge with a ruby. Can I just play pretend and get one for each of the sororities?

Don't you remember that cool happy proud feeling when you got your badge?

Last edited by amIblue?; 09-03-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: More beautiful badges!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergal1985 View Post
I would definitely get this one for so many reasons.

I am obsessed with crowns and the color pink, my nickname is Themis, and the ZTA letters look very similar to my local sorority Zeta Iota Lambda.
OK - your nickname is Themis? How did that happen? Sounds like an interesting story.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
OK - your nickname is Themis? How did that happen? Sounds like an interesting story.
Yes it is lol. I got it after pledging my local sorority my freshman year. I can't really explain why since it's secret as it's mostly pledging-related, but part of the reason was that Themis is the goddess of justice and I was a political science major planning to become a lawyer at the time.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

If not my beautiful Gamma Phi badge it would have to be Tri Delta's.

Can't hide my love of crescents! And I LOVE the trident stick pin!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

With regards to NPC sororities other than my own:

AXO or AXiD's badges are both gorgeous and easily identifiable to boot. I also really like KD's badge, as I love emeralds, and Theta Phi Alpha's and Sigma Kappa's pledge pins (the snake sigma on the SK pin looks very cool). I've always been intrigued by Gamma Phi's use of Hebrew on their badge as well.

I'm not a plain monogram badge fan, to be honest, although I've seen some really nice jeweled ones online.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I also love it when an sorority's color(s) and/or official jewel(s) are in a badge, but I think it's also cool to get colors of your alma mater.

This Pi Phi badge gives me some serious badge envy...

I can't seem to find a pic from HJ, but I think the ADPi badge in white gold with aquamarines is gorgeous.

I don't like Theta badges with colored stones because I think it detracts from the black and gold simplicity. I think it's as beautiful plain as it is with diamonds and/or pearls!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

if I can't have my beloved diamond, I would have to go with either the Theta kite, the AXiD quill or AOPi's monogram, especially this one....so pretty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

New badge thread? I'm in!

This was hard for me to narrow down, but I was able to get a top four. In alphabetical order:

Beta Theta Pi and Delta Tau Delta are favorites for the same reason - that inward swooping curve. I just love the shape, and also have tremendous respect for both of these organizations.

Lambda Chi Alpha, I think the crescent is so graceful. I would have picked the amethyst lambda badge; it's a stone you don't often see in the fraternal world, and it's my mother's birthstone, so I have a soft spot for amethysts.

The White Cross of Sigma Chi is so unique in the fraternal world. That white enamel is so distinctive, and imagine how subtle it would be on a white dress shirt.

The runners up for me were Phi Mu Alpha, Pi Kappa Alpha, Kappa Alpha, and Phi Delta Theta (the common denominators here being garnets and/or shields).

If we did a gender bender it would be Gamma Phi Beta in any style, and Alpha Delta Pi coming in second!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Banned

I love the key, anchor, and lyre.

If they were just ordinary jewelry, I would totally wear them as brooches. Actually I wouldn't turn down the arrow, kite, quill, or crescent with stars and trident as a brooch either. But I have to put the top 3 in the top 3. There's something exquisite about the key. And I just love the realism of a tiny gold chain wrapped around an anchor like a rope.

Chasing beats jewels for me in general -- a chased key might be my #1 choice.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLadyAKA View Post
Thank you! We love our badge too! I know you love your ivy as much as we do! As for NPC, I absolutely love the KKG keys!
The AKA badge is beautiful. Love the colors and details.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

i love this zta badge. it is only shown on the main hj zeta page and not as a badge option. i don't know why, i think the colors look so gorgeous together.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
Beta Theta Pi and Delta Tau Delta are favorites for the same reason - that inward swooping curve. I just love the shape, and also have tremendous respect for both of these organizations.

I'm a little partial to DTD's badge myself.