GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,392
4 members and 1,388 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

initation secret reveled!!

i have a problem,

my wife and i have been married almost two years. i am a KA and also a freemason, and my wife means more to me than eaither of those orginizations, so when she asked me about the initiation of each i told her even though i was reluctant, because she is a kappa alph theta, and i knew she would understand the importance and signifigance of them and they were safe with her,... but when i asked her in return, she wouldnt tell me anything only that her initiation was "very intresting" ... that really scares me WTF??
any advice, insite, similar stories, or anything to ease my mind?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 AM

Ritual = members only.

She didn't tell you because you're not a Theta. Ritual doesn't = Thetas and spouses.

It's pretty straightforward. She's likely not hiding anything crazy (obviously I don't know what happens because I'm not a Theta), that was probably just her telling you in a nice way that it's none of your beeswax, homie.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-10-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmilh1020 View Post
i have a problem,

my wife and i have been married almost two years. i am a KA and also a freemason, and my wife means more to me than eaither of those orginizations, so when she asked me about the initiation of each i told her even though i was reluctant, because she is a kappa alph theta, and i knew she would understand the importance and signifigance of them and they were safe with her,... but when i asked her in return, she wouldnt tell me anything only that her initiation was "very intresting" ... that really scares me WTF??

*sigh* So you apparently don't hold God in any esteem since you violated your obligation sworn before him.

Last edited by Psi U MC Vito; 04-10-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

She is telling you to go fly a kite!

DaffyKD
Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i have a problem,

Please read Bound By A Mighty Vow by Diana Turk. Perhaps your local public library has a copy. It's about the founding of women's fraternities, with an emphasis on Kappa Alpha Theta. You will learn a lot, and it will set your mind at ease.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 04-10-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Psi U MC Vito,im not sure about the " i dont love god and im going to hell for telling my fraternity info" angle.. it was to the one person in the world who means more to me than any prior comitmeit i made in life. i think thats how it should be.. she means more to me than any thing that i thought was important before,.. and for her to still kling to those things like that is kinda.... telling about where her devotion lies... i love ka, and FM but my wife comes first.. and i know i shouldnt expect her to tell stuff like that but she def. asked me and i told for all the reasons stated above.. is theta really a "theta before family and husband" type sorit? KA never drove those values home!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Psi U MC Vito,im not sure about the " i dont love god and im going to hell for telling my fraternity info" angle.. it was to the one person in the world who means more to me than any prior comitmeit i made in life. i think thats how it should be.. she means more to me than any thing that i thought was important before,.. and for her to still kling to those things like that is kinda.... telling about where her devotion lies... i love ka, and FM but my wife comes first.. and i know i shouldnt expect her to tell stuff like that but she def. asked me and i told for all the reasons stated above.. is theta really a "theta before family and husband" type sorit? KA never drove those values home!!!!
I never said that. I said you obviously didn't respect God since the obligation you swore before him didn't hold any value.

ETA: Also I have no idea why you think that it would do your marriage any good to tell secrets that you know that you aren't supposed to. Not like anything would harm her.

Last edited by Psi U MC Vito; 04-10-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are taking this one seriously?

Oh, ok.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

k_s, I was trying to be polite. Hoping that you would show up. It's recycle troll, right?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-10-2011, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Psi U MC Vito, without any of the asumptions about my spirituality, or values, do you have any constructive response to my origional question? its really bothering me.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Perping one of my Brethren, so I choose to believe it is real lol. Actually I am making assumptions about your values because you claimed to violate your obligation, which says a lot about you.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
k_s, I was trying to be polite. Hoping that you would show up. It's recycle troll, right?
I don't know who this is, but it's hard to believe that a Theta would press her husband to reveal initiation secrets.

I wish these newbs would come up with interesting stories. This is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Perping one of my Brethren, so I choose to believe it is real lol. Actually I am making assumptions about your values because you claimed to violate your obligation, which says a lot about you.
You're a freemason? I had no idea.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post

ok that answers that question... so NO you do not have anything constructive to add. please stay away from my thread as you are no help.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL

He put you in your place, Vito! I wouldn't take that if I were you.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

ok BTW everone pleas forgive my horrid spelling.. between iphon predictive txt.. big fingers& tiny buttons we are all lucky it can still be translated!! lol