GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,466
Threads: 114,729
Posts: 2,158,277
Welcome to our newest member, ladylee
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:36 AM
TLLK TLLK is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
Normally I skip the first round descriptions, but after reading the West Coast Recruitment, I'm hooked!



Love Grandma's comments!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:37 AM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-12-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 AM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66
Crimson Tide:
DD4 didn’t like them. She thought that the house put a big emphasis on Jesus, I understand feeling uncomfortable if you’re not part of a religion but DD4 saved up to buy a diamond cross from Tiffany’s for months and she choose to go to the buckle of the Bible Belt for her education. Anyway, after I’d pointed out the cross around her neck and she’d tucked it into her dress, she told me that she didn’t like the Crimson Tide ladies.

Roll Tide:
The issue with Roll Tide was their physical house. She didn’t like the architecture and so, therefore, she didn’t like the girls. She also didn’t like their symbols or their philanthropy (At this point, Grandma decided to withhold advice and let DD4 do her own thing.)

Big Al:
DD4 decided to point out that the ladies of Big Al weren’t the most in shape. I said “DD4, it’s easy to lose weight but it’s harder to lose a bad attitude.”, DD4 decided that physical attractiveness was an extremely important factor for her and so she wouldn’t go back to Big Al. “Okay” was Grandma’s response.

Crimsonettes:
DD4 LOVED THEM. And I hated them. The way that she described the house kind of...unnerved me. She made it sound like the sisters that she’d spoken to were Crimsonettes Fanatics. She also loved that they wore cute outfits and curled their hair. Grandma let out an audible sigh.

Million Dollar Band:
“They’re not popular and they don’t mix with any of the good fraternities, also, all the girls that I talked to were kind of unfortunate.” was DD4’s very kind comment on the Million Dollar Ladies. I saw some of them later on and, let me tell you, these girls looked like a million bucks. They were put together and poised and they looked happy to be around each other.

Capstone:
“They’re not popular on any other campus and they’re not popular here. They also screamed like I was deaf and their house decorations were kind of tacky.” DD4 informed us.

Magnolia:
DD4 told us that the rumors about Magnolia were pretty heavy according to tent talk and the Greek ranking website and that one of the girls that she’d talked to had lipstick on her tooth. Grandma started looking for cheap tickets to New Orleans so we could skedaddle.

Southern Charm:
According to DD4, they didn’t have any Southern Charm but some of the best people I’ve ever met are shy at first. She also didn’t like their colors (they’re the school colors which she happens to LOVE) or the fact that their house was tacky (it’s a beautiful house filled with beautiful girls.) and so Grandma and I took a walk through the heat to buy some boxed wine to speed up rush week.

I almost forgot to mention! The day that rush started, DD4 shook me awake to tell me that Grandma wouldn’t wake up. I made a flying leap (Well, I mostly fell) over the couch to get to Grandma because I thought she’d up and died on me and I wasn’t about to tell my husband that Alabama Rush had killed his mother (I also didn’t want to be alone in Tuscaloosa), I got to her room to find her taking out her curlers because she’d decided on getting an extra five minutes of sleep instead of joining in on my 4 am heart attack.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:42 AM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 45
Oh my Goodness...I just want to come and have some boxed wine with you and Grandma. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard....and I'm at work so that's not good!
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Live with Purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:52 AM
TLLK TLLK is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
IMVHO Grandma and Mom deserve a medal for their support, patience and dedication for DD4. (Not sure my mother or I would have the patience and our careers demand patience as a necessary qualification.) My sister would have unleashed holy He!! by now.)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM
panhelrose panhelrose is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 48
I'm dying laughing! To be completely honest, I had some of the same ridiculous thoughts about chapters before I went through recruitment and I so wished I had some of the grace and wisdom as you and your mother in law seem to have. If DD4 is anything like me, she'll be kicking herself soon for being so obstinate.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66
Beat Auburn:
DD4 said that the girl talking to her didn’t have different lengths of fingers and I almost just died on the spot. She also didn’t like that she didn’t like the chandelier in the house.

Homecoming:
“Tacky McDonald’s colors” and the sorority isn’t southern enough. Grandma and I stopped with the boxed wine and we hit the harder beverages and the more carbohydrate laden food. After a long day of DD4 complaining, Grandma and I hit the BBQ so hard that the seam of my pants split.

Football Season:
She didn’t like that the house was too small although it sleeps around 60 girls. DD4 also didn’t like that their crest was on the floor and that apparently was kind of tacky.

Houndstooth:
She hated this house and didn’t like the symbols, the colors, or the hand sign. She wasn’t interested at all and she made dang clear that she wouldn’t be a sister of houndstooth.

Crimson and White:
A horrible reputation due to events that hit the news. DD4 absolutely loved them though and she wanted to be a sister so desperately since she liked everything about them so much. Grandma and I decided to hit a bakery and split a dozen donuts.

Sweet Home:
Sweet Home doesn’t go through formal recruitment but DD4 was no fan. She didn’t meet any of the girls and STILL managed to have a bad opinion on women she’d never even met.

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-12-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 AM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66
Day 1 had passed with DD4 who managed to have a horrid mood or opinion about almost everyone. DD4 said “I’m here to tell you that I don’t have anything nice to say and I’m gonna say it anyway!” and so Grandma and I decided that we did have nice things to say and we were going to bombard DD4 with all the positive things we had to say about all the nice girls and houses.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM
shirley1929 shirley1929 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 570
I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to log back in so I could cheer this post along!! This is some GOOD READING!!! I really want to hang with Grandma and some boxed wine and donuts.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:09 PM
FSUZeta FSUZeta is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: naples, florida
Posts: 15,246
At least she is an equal opportunity hater. What made her decide to rush?
__________________
I live in Fantasyland and I have waterfront property.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:22 PM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
At least she is an equal opportunity hater. What made her decide to rush?

DD4 does whatever DD3 does. DD3 and her older sister don’t get along at all and so DD4 does whatever she can to imitate DD3’s life.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:24 PM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
Beat Auburn:
DD4 said that the girl talking to her didn’t have different lengths of fingers and I almost just died on the spot. She also didn’t like that she didn’t like the chandelier in the house.

Homecoming:
“Tacky McDonald’s colors” and the sorority isn’t southern enough. Grandma and I stopped with the boxed wine and we hit the harder beverages and the more carbohydrate laden food. After a long day of DD4 complaining, Grandma and I hit the BBQ so hard that the seam of my pants split.

Football Season:
She didn’t like that the house was too small although it sleeps around 60 girls. DD4 also didn’t like that their crest was on the floor and that apparently was kind of tacky.

Houndstooth:
She hated this house and didn’t like the symbols, the colors, or the hand sign. She wasn’t interested at all and she made dang clear that she wouldn’t be a sister of houndstooth.

Crimson and White:
A horrible reputation due to events that hit the news. DD4 absolutely loved them though and she wanted to be a sister so desperately since she liked everything about them so much. Grandma and I decided to hit a bakery and split a dozen donuts.

Sweet Home:
Sweet Home doesn’t go through formal recruitment but DD4 was no fan. She didn’t meet any of the girls and STILL managed to have a bad opinion on women she’d never even met.

Grandma and I hit the BBQ so hard that the seam of my pants split.

I seriously just had diet coke come out of my nose.
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Live with Purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Iota_JWH Iota_JWH is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 91
How did DD4 rank the houses? normally PNMs talk of the houses they would accept an ivitation from and those they would rather not. It sounds like there are only 2 or 3 houses that fall into the first category!

Reminds me of a story I heard from a woman who was part of the team to help incoming freshman move into the dorms. The freshman arrived with a LOT of stuff and unloaded the car, while the helper and the Freshman's dad carried everything up the stairs. (I should add the weather was abnormally hot & humid.) When the Freshman finally arrived upstairs to see her dorm room, she declared, "I Can't live in THIS!!" and promptly went back downstairs. So the dad and helper carried everything back downstairs and re-loaded the car!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:40 PM
TriDDDeltgirl TriDDDeltgirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lovely Los Angeles!
Posts: 66
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota_JWH View Post
How did DD4 rank the houses? normally PNMs talk of the houses they would accept an ivitation from and those they would rather not. It sounds like there are only 2 or 3 houses that fall into the first category!

Reminds me of a story I heard from a woman who was part of the team to help incoming freshman move into the dorms. The freshman arrived with a LOT of stuff and unloaded the car, while the helper and the Freshman's dad carried everything up the stairs. (I should add the weather was abnormally hot & humid.) When the Freshman finally arrived upstairs to see her dorm room, she declared, "I Can't live in THIS!!" and promptly went back downstairs. So the dad and helper carried everything back downstairs and re-loaded the car!

DD4 didn’t tell me how she ranked the houses and I didn’t bother asking! Her choices were all very interesting as will be reflected second round!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Iota_JWH Iota_JWH is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 91
Has DD4 ever read Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"? Sometimes the absolute perfect match gives off not so perfect first impressions!

This is a really fun recruitment story to read, I am hoping for an epiphany...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alabama Rush ansmith7 Introductions 21 12-10-2014 01:42 PM
Unsuccessful fall rush at Alabama, questions about possible spring rush. Advice? Bamarushee Sorority Recruitment 58 08-23-2010 12:47 AM
Need help with pirate themed rush shirt! calebtke Recruitment 14 12-25-2004 06:47 PM
West Coast Rush VS. Southern Rush Shark_in_Skirt Recruitment 19 09-02-2002 11:03 PM
Rush at Alabama unregistered1 Recruitment 24 09-25-2001 12:29 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.