GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,285
2 members and 2,283 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Rerushing as a Junior

My freshman year, I went through formal rush. I got a bid from 2 fraternities. I was really good friends with a guy from one fraternity, and I felt we were a lot alike so I ended up choosing his. I actually loved it! However, I was very awkward and reserved as a freshman, and ended up getting cut because they were afraid I just wasn't connecting enough with my pledge class. At the time, they told me to rush again in the future and to be a leader of that pledge class. Honestly, most of my friends are girls, but that's one reason I want to be a member of a fraternity - for the brotherhood and to know that there are actually other guys out there who have my back. *Spring semester, I actually went to an interest meeting for the second fraternity I got a bid from, but ended up not going through with it because I just felt I fit in more with the first fraternity. Now, I'm going into my junior year (however with my my particular major, I'm still going to be in school for many more years), and I feel I'm not the same person I was my freshman year. I'm actively on involved on campus, keep my grades up, *and am a new Student Government Officer! I get along great with many of the guys in that first fraternity! Actually some of them have talked to me about rushing this coming fall, though I'm not sure if they're aware of my history with the fraternity. However, my two best friends - both officers in the fraternity - have yet to talk to me about rush or recruitment. I'm nervous to bring it up to them. There's honestly nothing I want more than to be a member of this fraternity. *Do you have any advice for me? *
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-14-2014, 11:39 PM

If your two best friends haven't approached you, honestly, that doesn't bode well.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I would say discuss it with your friends who are officers, I can't imagine they would just bring the conversation up. Maybe see what they think. And I know this is said to most women interested in recruiting, but keep an open mind. Maybe now that you have changed so much, this isn't the best chapter for you. Take a look around and see what other chapters are out there. Good luck!