GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,566
1 members and 1,565 guests
No Members online

Old 03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Cute. Isn't that statistic true of the population as a whole?
No.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Personal opinion only.

It is a shame that anyone would say they were sorry they voted for someone of one party or another.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that, since "Vote 18" was adopted back in about 1968, I've probably voted equally (talking about presidential races now, but it's probably true in off year elections as well) between the two parties.

There are very good people in both parties, and they should be voted on for their individual merits -- not some label.

I worry that some (perhaps a lot of) people vote for one party or another because their mom and dad were "whichever."

That's nuts.
Delt Alum, I agree with you. No party has a monopoly on the truth, or on idiots. I get crazy when people don't know ANY of the issues!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiPsiRuss
No.
Then the original post isn't either, is it?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then the original post isn't either, is it?
What the heck are you talking about?

-Rudey
Old 03-31-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
What the heck are you talking about?

-Rudey
Beats me. You're the one who brought it up.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Beats me. You're the one who brought it up.
I'm not in the mood for this...I'm really not. You're fired.

-Rudey
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
I'm not in the mood for this...I'm really not. You're fired.

-Rudey
Thank God. I'm outa here.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, the student body president is a good friend of mine. Sure, it's a stereotype, but in this case it's true.

And I also find it sad that people vote with their parents simply because their parents voted that way, but if you think about it we probably all pretty much stick with our parents, because that's the kind of environment we were raised in.

If you were raised to believe that abortion is wrong, prayer in schools is right, etc... then you're probably going to keep believing that. I personally was raised in a very liberal family, and even though most of my young life I was a democrat simply because my mommy was telling me "Clinton is a good man, Bush is a bad man," when I researched for myself, I found that I am a true democrat, not just because of my parents.

As far as it being sad that people vote just on parties... well, I've only voted in one election (I'm 21), and I'll admit that I wasn't as educated about Bush or Gore as I should be, but my philosophy is that more than likely, the democratic candidate is going to have more of my beliefs than a republican.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:37 AM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
As far as it being sad that people vote just on parties... well, I've only voted in one election (I'm 21), and I'll admit that I wasn't as educated about Bush or Gore as I should be, but my philosophy is that more than likely, the democratic candidate is going to have more of my beliefs than a republican.
I agree with you!! People always say that it's bad to vote stictly based on party affiliation, but seriously, if you don't know much about either candidate, pick the one who is aligned with the same party as you. More than likely he or she will share many of your political beliefs. Well more than the other guy/gal anyway.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Just about any thing really. Screw those people. The Christian right needs to be slapped untill they all stop talking. They make everyone else look bad.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Yes. I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but I have a problem with the FIRST LADY of the UNITED STATES not being born IN the United States.
So I was looking for another thread today and came across this one. I'm curious to know after 13(!!) years and our current first family, do any of the (admittedly few) active posters who posted in this thread feel the same way?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Hannah View Post
So I was looking for another thread today and came across this one. I'm curious to know after 13(!!) years and our current first family, do any of the (admittedly few) active posters who posted in this thread feel the same way?
How dare you blaspheme our first lady.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I still feel the same way about the libertarian party as back in '04. Wow. It's crazy to see all of those old names. Thanks for necroing this thread.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-02-2017, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow - blast from the past! Hope all is well.

In terms of the question - I'm very close to changing parties now. The reason is that it's become clear my current party doesn't represent my beliefs and values.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I was the youngest delegate to the 19** Democratic National Convention. I was being groomed for a political office, and was in on a LOT of the "smoke-filled rooms" (which are actually trailers in this day & age). Anyhow, I wasn't naive, I knew what to expect - for the most part. I was surprised, however, that I was expected sign off on the Platform - which contained certain issues that I could not morally support.

I still worked for my candidate, and the White House, but once it was over, I got out of politics. The more I thought about some of the planks, the more I realized that I could NOT be a Democrat and be pro-life.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where being an Independent means not voting in the Primaries. So, I became a Republican - realizing, of course, that No Political Party Has A Monopoly On The Truth!

I'm still a Republican, more because I support the GOP's agenda more than that of the Democratic agenda (and the very thought of a First Lady who wasn't even born in the USA turns my stomach!!).
Honeychile, you still with the GOP? This thread is super interesting to read Ann y'all responses but yours stuck out because of the First Lady part.