GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,710
1 members and 1,709 guests
indygphib

Old 10-16-2003, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
I think you should support Lyndon Larouche.

-Rudey
--He's making a comeback.
now he is one scaaaaaaaary mofo. His half-hour political infomercial could be on the "most disturbing/scary movies" thread even though it's not a movie.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Registered Republican, moderate in some political views, conservative in others, and in some items on the political platform I'm opposed. I won't go into details so as to avoid heated debates over petty differences.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 10-16-2003, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
I am a registered indie but I tend to vote for liberal candidates. In recent years I have become far more liberal than I would have first imagined. Yet, I highly respect and often agree with certain stances of anyone that has an informed decision or opinion on a certain topic (conservatives included). But I also look down on personal attacks (hippies, bible-pushers) even if they are sarcastic or not because I feel that personal attacks take a civilized debate and throw it out the window.

I voted for the Green party candidate (Nader) in the last Presidential election.

I hope I dont' get into trouble for stating my political views while being a moderator....

woo woo
Old 10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Liberal Democrat...
Old 10-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by FiReKraCkEr
Liberal Democrat...

Are you a Nader fan?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
Are you a Nader fan?
nah, I'm more of a John Kerry/ John Edwards fan.

nuff said about that.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

moderate Democrat..also would have voted for McCain. In fact, I voted for him in the primary.

Last edited by AGDee; 10-16-2003 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think the problem is that he (Bush) is not a verbally gifted communicator. Nor does he have a lot of uhm . . prescence.

As fr as his IQ, EQ or whatever, I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
I'm actually not so sure that the rumors about the pres hold much water. If you're from a place like Oklahoma, you learn never to judge someone's intelligence by their hick-accent

I mean.. Dan Quayle... okay, he was stupid.

Last edited by James; 10-18-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Whoa.... wait.....

Okay the info about Canadian parties has changed a bit because the PCs and Alliance parties just agreed to a possible merger.
I'm still skeptical on how it will work. The PCS are socially liberal, and the Alliance is socially conservative... and that will be a problem. It'll be interesting too see how they deal with it.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by kappaloo
I'm still skeptical on how it will work. The PCS are socially liberal, and the Alliance is socially conservative... and that will be a problem. It'll be interesting too see how they deal with it.
...and that's why I tended to vote PC. Well they just lost my vote.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
... Well they just lost my vote.
Yes this merger has just made it very easy for me to decide who to vote for next year... Liberal.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

When I originally registered to vote at the young and uninformed age of 18, I registered as a Democrat. I quickly determined that this was exclusively because my girlfriend at the time was a Democrat (and liberal enough to be in the Green party)... not to mention both of my parents being Democrats. I promptly re-registered as an Independent (figuring the middle was a good place to be for the time being), not yet having decided on any particular political party. I don't often admit this about my political past, but I'm in an unusually honest mood right now.

In the meantime, I am VERY fiscally conservative, but moderate/slightly-left-leaning socially (the extent depending on the issue in question). I tend to vote Republican much more often than not, but I never vote strictly along party lines. I did vote Republican in the recent recall here in CA, but not for the Republican who won (I'm sure he'll do fine, certainly better than Davis did, but he lacks any real experience).

I agree with certain portions of the Republican, Libertarian and Natural Law parties, but am torn among these because I don't agree enough with the Republican party to blindly label myself as such and don't believe a member of either of the other two stand a ghost of a chance in any major election. Well that's my story anyway.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

dude, I like your ideas. I want to start a new a party because both parties suck. The republicans would be relgious right assholes if they ever took over, and if the democrats had to form a firing squad they would all get in a circle.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
dude, I like your ideas. I want to start a new a party because both parties suck. The republicans would be relgious right assholes if they ever took over, and if the democrats had to form a firing squad they would all get in a circle.

werd
Old 11-14-2003, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm about as liberal as it gets. I'm a registered democrat but my views are more closely aligned with the green party.

I did vote for a republican once, and I didn't regret it -- go George Ryan -- but I doubt it would ever happen again.