GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 693
0 members and 693 guests
No Members online

Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU_Kappa View Post
And I am also very proud that our Chapter has made a complete 360, improving in every way possible.
Hehe...I think you mean a complete 180.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

username: elleyk5187 (get it...kelley with the k at the end & then my birthday haha)
real first name: kelley
initiation date: march 2, 2008!!! greatest weekend of my life....absolutely WONDERFUL experience.
home chapter: mu chapter, butler university
currently serving the Fraternity as: well, i'm a new initiate! so i suppose i'm just an active member! definitely getting involved though.
Home chapter claim to fame: this is tough. we're the longest standing fraternity on butler's campus! & we were the 12th chapter, founded on january 2, 1878, which i suppose is something pretty special.
About me: i grew up here in indiana & actually attended indiana university for two years. i really didn't like it there, i was always homesick & just had a really bad experience. so i transferred to butler which was my first choice for school but backed out last minute cause all i could think of was how $expensive$ it was. thank goodness i transferred here. i am SO SO SO happy & kappa definitely has magnified my experience here by 1000. you can't fight fate & as corny as it sounds, fate brought me here to my sisters. i wish i could express how much i love these girls. they cheer my up when my skies are gray. last night we laughed all through dinner, which i needed. they are a huge bright spot in my life. hahaha goodness this is so so so corny. & tonight, a sister & i went to starbucks then watched bridget jones diary. i'm already thinking about when i graduate in a couple years & what i am going to do with myself without them by my side. at IU, the end couldn't come fast enough and now i don't want to graduate because i don't want to leave kappa. ahhhh. haha i already know i'm going to cry when the seniors leave & i don't really know them! i just got to know a couple of them really well during recruitment & i wish i had more time with them.

okay i've written enough. i'm really excited to be initiated & know all the secrets! haha i always nagged my mom about initiation & what happens, but she didn't budge. thank goodness she didn't. my mom was so excited & when she put her pin on me, she said "i've been waiting for so long to do this!" even though she said she didn't care which house i was in, i knew deep down she wanted me to be a kappa. now that i know what it's all about, i want to have a daughter & be able to share the experience with her.

okay, for real i'm done.

L&L!
kelley
Old 04-05-2008, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

username: kappa_dancer
real first name: Erin
initiation date: 3/29/2008. I'm a week-old Kappa!
home chapter: Zeta Upsilon - Georgia Southern University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Since I'm new, I'm just an active, but I'm on the PR Committee
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

username: kappafu11
real first name: Jennifer
initiation date: 3/08/08
home chapter: Eta Alpha- Furman University
currently serving the Fraternity as: informal recruitment coordinator- fall 2008

Home chapter claim to fame: Back in the "old school Kappa" days, they had the rushees make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for philanthropy round. Kind of weird
Old 07-05-2008, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

username: kpod

Eta Kappa Chapter at Knox College, Galesburg,Il

Initiated: March 14, 2008

I was recording and corresponding secretary and hope to be elected into another office next year.

Claim to fame: 6 women met fell in love and formed Kappa at Knox College despite adversity. We became Knox's third sorority! We're a fairly new chapter.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

"Well noted"

Kappa Kappa Gamma, rushee warren college orientation(way back in 1994), UC San Diego.

Kappa's in the house
Old 09-01-2008, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

EZ love !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffersonStKKG View Post
Username: JeffersonStKKG; my chapter was located on campus off of Jefferson. St.

Initiation date: Although I graduated in '04, I was P/C '02 because I had been wrapped up in playing vball for my school...until an injury my second season.

Chapter: Epsilon Zeta/FSU

Currently Serving: I am a member of the Alumni Association of the Palm Beaches; regarding committees, I have been on the phone-tree and have made myself available to whomever needs me.

Past office: I served as my P/C's Standards rep. for two years. Although not an offical office, I was assistant to our Marshall.

House information: My sorority house is the newest house on campus, built in 1961, often described as a Plantation Mansion, and is the only white house on campus. We have the third largest house on campus and the only sorority house with a backyard. Finally, we are the only house to have a "paint room" in the basement--tech. the first floor-- (by the chapter and study rooms); most Greeks ask permission to use the room for their banners. As tradition goes, during the close of I-Week, before Friday, we have the current pledge class paint their names/year on the walls of the paint room. We (used to) have a "new member" room on the third floor: it is the largest room and served as a "refuge" for any new sisters wanting to sleep over or hang out and when had visiting sisters and reps. from Ntl's., the room transformed into a "guest room." To the best of my knowledge, we still have a CC who lives in the room. My chapter hosted Province, I believe, 3 years ago and were recognized twice at Province meetings for Gracious Living.

Chapter information: While I was active, we won overall-Homecoming twice and Dance Marathon once---the two biggest events on campus for Greeks and other organizations. My P/C had been the largest in years with 50 pnm's; since '02, however, the chapter has grown. At my school, the chapter quota was large due to a house with a little less or maybe a little more than 200 active sisters; accordingly, (including graduating seniors) our chapter was "medium-sized," with anywhere from 80-110 sisters. The ladies of Epsilon Zeta, yes "EZ",support all of the Greek-life philanthropies and take pride in representing Kappa on campus. Relay For Life at FSU was started by a Kappa. At the end of each semester, we have a Kozy celebrating graduating seniors and at which time Big/Key sisters are given their paddles and Lil/Key sisters are given handmade (by the Big/Key) owls w/the sister's name on them and scrapbooks. Most "families" have traditions as to the design of the Owl; for example, mine looked looked like a bowling pin (haha, bless Erica's heart) and had a bow around it's neck, while other families make owls that resemble disfigured ETs..hahaha.

About me:As aforementioned, I played volleyball for FSU from '99-'02. I was a member of two other sorority-esque organizations on campus: "Lady Spirithunters" (a group of selected women who promote FSU spirit throughout the community) and the "Garnet and Gold Guides" (we were chosen to be hostesses for potential football and basketball recruits and their families while they met coaches and toured the campus)

I still live in the "bubble" I was born and raised in, Boca Raton, Florida. As aforementioned, I joined an AA as well as outside organizations, such as the Jr. League. In the fall, I will be entering my 4th year of work towards earning a doctorate in psychology. Aside from my alum. work with Kappa, I am involved with my alma mater as a Booster, AA member and a class of distinction with my school's Foundation.

I,too, am a self-professed Kappa-holic and enjoy collecting shirts from other chapters as well as memorbilia and regular sorority item (I SCORED when I visited FSU last weekend b/c the Greek Store had all sorority items marked half off since they're prepping to order items for Recruitment in August and, on top of that, one woman made a gift bucket of Kappa items for me, free of charge. I'm a taaaaad obsessed with the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea. With that said, one of my best friends and I are trying to find an open block in our schedule to visit Headquarters, Museum and the Stewart House---we want to get in touch with our roots. Hopefully we can set dates for everything and would love to meet up w/other Kappas throughout the country!

KLove,
Julie

I'm a new EZ kappa!

Last edited by FSUkappaLOVE; 09-08-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

who are you!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

username: harmstrong

real first name: Heather

Initiation: EH (Auburn University) 1990.

Current: Just got back from Leadership Academy '08, and currently serve as Secretary of the Pensacola, FL Alumnae Association.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

my chapter: zeta sigma
I am a year and almost a half old kappa now. I am part of the pickers, the standards committee and dancing in the greek week festivities. I hope to serve as event chair within the next couple years because I plan on planning events as a career chose!

"A women should always be two thing: classy and fabulous!" <3 <3
Old 01-17-2009, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

username: sky&sea
chapter: Eta Epsilon - initiated 11/8/2008
currently: Standards Board - Member at Large

about me: Hi, I'm a long-time lurker who decided to finally register on GC. Eta Epsilon's going through formal recruitment later this month, and I'm excited for my first recruitment "on the other side." =)
Old 01-17-2009, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky&sea View Post
username: sky&sea
chapter: Eta Epsilon - initiated 11/8/2008
currently: Standards Board - Member at Large

about me: Hi, I'm a long-time lurker who decided to finally register on GC. Eta Epsilon's going through formal recruitment later this month, and I'm excited for my first recruitment "on the other side." =)
Welcome to GC! I like your username!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

username: ProudtobeKKG (because I am)

Name: Megan

Chapter: Eta Xi, University of California Merced

Initiated: April 25, 2009

Home chapter claim to fame: NEWEST CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!

About me: I grew up about an hour and a half from UC Merced. My mom is a Phi Mu and I have always wanted to be greek. and NOW I AM!!!!!

Favorite thing about Kappa: Everything!! Granted I am a bit biased since I just had my chapter installed and was initiated by the Fraternity President!!!

Loyally,

Megan
Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudtobeKKG View Post
username: ProudtobeKKG (because I am)

Name: Megan

Chapter: Eta Xi, University of California Merced

Initiated: April 25, 2009

Home chapter claim to fame: NEWEST CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!

About me: I grew up about an hour and a half from UC Merced. My mom is a Phi Mu and I have always wanted to be greek. and NOW I AM!!!!!

Favorite thing about Kappa: Everything!! Granted I am a bit biased since I just had my chapter installed and was initiated by the Fraternity President!!!

Loyally,

Megan
Welcome, Megan! I was at your installation. I'm from UC Santa Cruz (Eta Mu)
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Username: thetygerlily (picked for the flower)
Initiated: 2/24/2002 (my retro)
Chapter: Zeta Epsilon, Lawrence University

Currently Serving: I started the Night Owls group for my local alumnae association and am currently serving as Night Owls Chair. I also joined Golden Key recently.

Past Offices: As an active, plenty! Small chapters mean a lot of leadership opportunities. President, VPS, Marshal, Registrar, House Chair, Education, and Panhellenic officer (VP Programming). My favorites were definitely VPS and Marshal. As an alumna, I was also part of a focus group for young alumnae involvement.

Home Chapter Claim to Fame: For a relatively small chapter (no more than 30 actives), we have a lot of members who have been through GC over the past 10 years! They have listed plenty of fantastic claims here.

About Me: I work in the IT industry as a consultant at a "major software giant", and have done so since I graduated in 2005. My husband & I have two adorable cocker spaniels. I'm working on the whole work/life balance thing, with aspirations of someday having a life outside of work.
I love what Kappa has done for me and am intrigued by the history of GLOs- I even wrote a college research paper on why women's GLOs were founded. This is one reason I joined the Keepers- to learn more about our history and to help preserve it. I've adopted 3 keys so far, and also collect old books and such about various NPCs. Non-Greek interests would be around traveling, learning Portuguese (husband is Brazilian), and board games.

I truly thought I had posted in this thread a long time ago! So now almost 7 years after joining GC, I'm finally getting around to formally introducing myself Better late than never!