GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,773
0 members and 1,773 guests
No Members online

Old 06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Auburn University Recruitment 2014

Anyone out there going through recruitment at Auburn? There are a few of us on here who have had recent experience with Auburn recruitment and are happy to help if we can. War Eagle!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, WARRRRR EAGLE!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

War Eagle! Wishing all the PNM and all of the Auburn sororities a very successful recruitment!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm considering going through recruitment this fall. However, I keep hearing bad things about sororities (hazing, drama etc) and am very nervous going out for it. I need more information on what Greek life is actually like and if those things are true. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:05 PM

Any group of more than 5 young people is going to have drama. Unless they're lobotomized.

Take the "warnings" and stereotypes with a grain of salt. More than likely they are coming from selfish, jealous people.

However, if you are planning on going through recruitment at Auburn and don't have your recommendations in to all the sororities, you'd better get going.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Look, I don't know how else to put this but bluntly. I'm an Auburn sorority alum. 33girl is right in what she says about the drama but more so about the recs.

Auburn is not a campus where the sororities are desperate for members and they'll cater to you and spoonfeed you information. It's late in the game--recruitment starts in less than 4 weeks. You are already late in regards to getting recs, which will be crucial, and they're at the point now where few people have the time or inclination to sit down and have lengthy chats about AU Greek life. No one is going to coax you to come out for recruitment.

Read anything you can about SEC sorority life that you can, then make your decision, I guess. But time is of the essence and you are currently behind the eight ball.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I've already gotten quite a few recs in. I was waiting on my transcript to come in so I could register. I've heard good and bad things but I'm going to go through recruitment anyway.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

As someone who is a member of an Auburn sorority, I can assure you that your new member period is 6-8 weeks of gifts, not hazing. I can't speak for fraternities, it depends on what one you join. But it seems like you're talking about sorority recruitment. Reach out to all your friends that are currently in Auburn sororities so they can make you promotional posters/slides! (It's a big thing on Auburn's campus!)
Old 07-07-2014, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebcj View Post
Reach out to all your friends that are currently in Auburn sororities so they can make you promotional posters/slides! (It's a big thing on Auburn's campus!)
What is this? Hope you don't mind me asking, I never heard of this (but I went to school wayyyyy up north).
Old 07-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Sorority members make posters of their friends who are rushing. They usually highlight their top accomplishments. These are done because so many hundreds of girls are rushing and they want to make their friends stand out.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:31 PM

I think I would freak out if I was walking down the hall in my unmentionables and saw posters of rushees smiling at me. Lol
Old 07-07-2014, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Sorority members make posters of their friends who are rushing. They usually highlight their top accomplishments. These are done because so many hundreds of girls are rushing and they want to make their friends stand out.
Thanks for that info! Do they put the posters in the sorority house, I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think I would freak out if I was walking down the hall in my unmentionables and saw posters of rushees smiling at me. Lol
Hahaha, me too!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

They are put up in the house, usually in a place where only members would see them. That doesn't mean that girls w/o friends in sororities will not receive bids because they did not have a poster, and it does not mean that every campus and even all sororities on a particular campus do this, so don't worry about it. But at Auburn you DO need recs.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
Thanks for that info! Do they put the posters in the sorority house, I guess?

Like in every bathroom stall
Old 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes you never know who made your poster (maybe someone who liked your resume?) Right after I rushed, a member came up to me and said, "I remember your poster! It had those gorgeous stars all over it!"

Poster? Stars?