GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,776
1 members and 2,775 guests
Joobee
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gart
If you have no hazing at all then joining a GLO would be just like joining a ski club all you have to do is show up and pay your dues. There should be more to joining then that.
::sigh::

First, please don't ever belittle my sisterhood or my organization like that. But just as us who haven't been hazed can't understand your experience, you can't understand the experience of those of us who bonded over love and laughter, instead of pain and humiliation.

And by the way, I was a member of the ski club at my school, and never once did I cry in front of the whole club because I thought what we were a part of was such a beautiful thing.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

!
Quote:
joining a GLO would be just like joining a ski club

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ummm...ooooooooookay!! With all the haze-free things my org did, that would be one complicated-ass ski club!!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
::sigh::

you can't understand the experience of those of us who bonded over love and laughter,

I didn't bond over love and laughter. Then again I'm not in a sorority, I was in a Frat.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
I didn't bond over love and laughter. Then again I'm not in a sorority, I was in a Frat.
Was?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-07-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Although my organization does not haze and is not known for such activity, I would be lying if i said i NEVER saw it. It wasnt like people were forced to do it but were, lets say looked down on if they did not partake in the event. BUT this isnt a greek problem like everyone thinks it is.....i can go to any party (rugby, lacross, football) ANY and the same things are going down there but now its in all fun?! Bottom line: If you DONT wanna do it then DO DO IT stand up for yourself..no one is making you.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Was?

Yea, we got in a little trouble.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
Yea, we got in a little trouble.

hmmm, I know correlation is not causation, but...
Old 10-07-2003, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gart
Has anyone in here actually been hazed? I understand that its hard to imagine why anyone would think there is a benifit to being hazed if they havent gone through it.
I pledged in the mid-60's, and there was certainly hazing during that era. And there was Hell Week.

More recently, I have advised chapters that don't haze.

I do not see any indication that hazing makes a group any closer together or brotherhood any stronger.

But that argument does make breaking the law and the rules of your organization easier to justify -- at least among yourselves.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
RUSH SKI CLUB 2004!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
RUSH SKI CLUB 2004!!!
I don't think they have a chapter here in Colorado.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
I don't think they have a chapter here in Colorado.
You could charter one! Then you could be like Tom Earp and go "DA, was chapter founder!"
Old 10-07-2003, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Quote:
I do not see any indication that hazing makes a group any closer together or brotherhood any stronger.

I'm in agreement 100%...Matter of fact, it broke up my sisterhood...It's devastating to the morale of the chapter as a whole and the members who make up that chapter...
Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
You could charter one! Then you could be like Tom Earp and go "DA, was chapter founder!"
Maybe it could be a big secret and get shown on TV. We could call it "The Broken Skull and Bones Society."

The only hazing would be making oldtime skiers stay on the same slope with a bunch of snowboarders.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maybe it could be a big secret and get shown on TV. We could call it "The Broken Skull and Bones Society."

The only hazing would be making oldtime skiers stay on the same slope with a bunch of snowboarders.
Oooh fun! And making me ski.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Oooh fun! And making me ski.
You could be the one who has go save seats for all of us in the lodge. Now that would be hazing. Everyone would be yelling at you.
Closed Thread