GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,433
3 members and 1,430 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

The women looked absolutely angelic in the white dresses on the steps, holding candles. And during the selection when they were sitting on the floor, skirts draped around them? Beautiful! I'm sure that part was for the photographer, but still- it was great.

Ditto on the bids... I can't imagine that. Although I ISP'd, so I knew that if I got a bid it would be Kappa. We had a small system so the recruitment counselors came to each woman's dorm room to hand deliver each bid. They also waited for answers in case the woman was ready. It was much more private, although I understand that would NOT work on larger campuses and at less-residential schools!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved that story! It's amazing how much has changed and how much hasn't. Great pictures, especially.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved the pictures in that story! It was funny how some of it was phrased, and parts sounded pretty brutal.

My randomness: I just got a crewneck lettered sweatshirt! It's medium gray with dark blue letters/white background. I'm going to get "Alumna" embroidered under it on the right side. Yay! This is the first crewneck sweatshirt of any kind that I've had for a while, and I really like it! I can pretend to be a grown-up. Hehe!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

The colonization at Northeastern started today! How exciting! I got so spoiled with colonies starting in California and now I'm sad that this one is so far away. Is anyone on GC in that area?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Someone from my chapter is over there, I actually asked her on FB yesterday whether she was getting involved. No word yet, though!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I got an e-mail from the Kappa Connections group on Yahoo (see Kappamd's thread about it here) about a new alumnae association in Eastern South Carolina. They're almost a year old now, and you can find them on Facebook by searching for "Eastern
North Carolina Alumni Association". The e-mail also included the e-mail address of the president, but I won't post it here.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to Night Owls tonight, and it was so much fun! The girl I usually go with (from my chapter) wasn't able to go, and I almost didn't go cause I thought I'd be the only one to show. There ended up being 6 of us, which is great cause we usually have 2 or 3. The service was TERRIBLE but we had fun and the food was great. I'm so glad I went!

There was one alumna the same age as me, two a few years older, and two (I'm guessing) in their 40's. One of them was someone I hadn't met before, and she was super nice.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I went to Night Owls tonight, and it was so much fun! The girl I usually go with (from my chapter) wasn't able to go, and I almost didn't go cause I thought I'd be the only one to show. There ended up being 6 of us, which is great cause we usually have 2 or 3. The service was TERRIBLE but we had fun and the food was great. I'm so glad I went!

There was one alumna the same age as me, two a few years older, and two (I'm guessing) in their 40's. One of them was someone I hadn't met before, and she was super nice.
That sounds like fun! I can't wait to get involved in alumnae association/night owl stuff... I'll be moving to a new city after graduation in a few months and knowing there will be sisters around helps make it less nerve-wracking. I'm not sure where I'll be ending up yet, but it could be a place where I don't know anyone. Thank goodness for Kappa
Old 03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had initiation and it was so amazing! I seriously almost cried several times. I got to know some of LAST quarter's NM class better and they're super sweet. Kappa is now very very close to total. A few girls asked me some stuff about what it was like being installed and choosing an NPC to come adopt us. I was really touched that they wanted to hear about it. Also saw some of my favorite alumnae this morning! I'll try to post pics from Fireside later.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
Having my sister at my initiation is one of my absolute best Kappa memories.
I hope my little sister becomes a Kappa. She's only in 7th grade, but she is already planning on being a Kappa in college.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the crash ladies.

I was searching for an image of a key for a presentation I'm working on, and I came across this article from the Illinois Wesleyan Magazine about one sister's work with Keepers of the Key to rescue a badge from ebay and return it to Epsilon Chapter for their 135th anniversary celebration. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.iwu.edu/iwunews/magazine/...er08/KKG.shtml

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Back to Kappa randomness: one of my Key Sisses moved back home to Virginia and her current school (George Mason) doesn't have a Kappa chapter.
I'm pretty sure I've seen her wearing letters on campus - I have seen Kappa and ADPi letters on multiple occasions!

Last edited by Gusteau; 03-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Crash away- I've read that before but it was fun to read through it again

It's funny that you came across that when looking for an image of a key... Reminds me of something that happened at work. A new project had been formed and was called Project Anchor, and one of my coworkers was looking for an icon to use on their homepage. I asked what she was looking for, and she said "I'm trying to find an anchor with a blue or pink rope". I immediately said- Delta Gamma! Of course that was exactly what they were looking for, but they changed the colors so as not to conflict with DG's branding. I thought it was funny, though, that it was exactly what they were looking for. Those fraternity & sorority symbols are everywhere!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen her wearing letters on campus - I have seen Kappa and ADPi letters on multiple occasions!
Really??? I miss her! She has dark brown hair and I think her sweatshirt is brown with blue flowery letters. Lol how specific is that? She hasn't told me about any other Kappas though so it's probably her.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been looking through everybody's Spring Break pictures and getting super jealous. I have an internship that requires me to stay in Baltimore and work full-time during the break, so I couldn't go anywhere fun. But I'm living vicariously through my sisters! One family flew out to San Diego to visit their Big - I believe they had 3 or 4 "generations" go. Another bunch of girls roadtripped down to Alabama for the week. One of them was texting me a few times a day to say they kept running into Kappas. I guess they kept their lettered tote bags with them and girls from all different chapters kept coming up to them!

How about you guys? Any fun spring break plans? I can't believe classes start again tomorrow...
Old 03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh! And I saw in the extensions thread that Kappa is presenting at BU! Anyone know anything about that? It would be fun to have another colony, but it might be rough on the Boston-area alums to be supporting two colonies in the same city...