GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,399
1 members and 2,398 guests
No Members online

Old 12-13-2002, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

leaving the house without make-up

When I read the obsessive compulsiveness thread I realized that many of you guys have trouble leaving the house without make-up. Till now, I always thought that it was mostly me who run to the mirror tons of times before leaving the house to make sure everything looks perfect...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-13-2002, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I guess I'm the exception then because I don't usually have a problem going out without makeup/hair done.
If my hair is doing something especially wacky or if my face is broken out, I will feel self-conscious but otherwise I'm fine with it.
I do wear makeup but its just not a big deal to me if people see me without it.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I rarely leave the house with makeup on. On a day-to-day basis the only thing that I wear is tinted chapstick. Usually I jump out of the shower, get dressed and get in the car with wet hair. I pretty much work by myself and I can wear whatever I want so I don't do much in the morning to get myself ready.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

azalee, I'm all with you on the whole... 'every thing's gotta be perfect before I leave' comment!! No matter where I go, class, grocery store, mall, or to a party... I want to look good [in my eyes]. You never know when you are going to meet the man of your dreams... and you don't wanna see him while you are hungover with your makeup under your eyes... hair a mess... and all broken out [ok so i exagerate ] ... ALSO, you never know when you may run into that ex-boyfriend who you still sorta have a thing for, but he's being a dumbass ... so you wanna show him, "hey... look what your missin'... aren't I looking cute and don't you just want me back.. but you CAN'T"

haha... seriously, I just don't want people to be like... damn, she looked like she just got hit with a dump truck today.

I guess I'm too concerned what everyone ELSE thinks, but if I think I look good, then I feel good... so it's ALL good
Old 12-13-2002, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a good three hours away from ALL of my ex-boyfriends so I don't think I have to worry about running into them when I look like crap.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

In the south there is a pretty unspoken law that makeup is a must have... all seasons, all conditions! To leave the house (which for some is interpreted as going to get the mail!). i don't leave without at least powder, mascara and lip gloss. Just doesn't happen. And here, that is not called high maintence, it is pretty much called Natural!

Facebook
Old 12-13-2002, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was in school, Sat and Sun mornings at the breakfast spots were full of unkempt girls in sorority baseball caps! We all looked horrible! No make-up, or the left over make-up from the night before, baseball caps or ponytails, and usually sweats! If you looked all done up, everyone would figure you satyed in the night before!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Haha.. tru tru about the unkept girls.

I still go to breakfast after a night out w/o showering... but I'll put on new makeup.. put on a visor, and throw my hair up... so they KNOW I went out.. but I still look cute in that sorta "i-just rolled-outta-bed-didnt-wanna-get-dressed-but-i-can-still-look-cute-in-scrubby-clothes" way

haha
Old 12-13-2002, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i have trouble leaving the shoue without at least some makeup, but if i'm not planning on leaving the house i don't boehter with makeup at all that day.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Very impressive, axotiger!

I was too lazy for all that, though! I try now to at least out on some mascara and lip gloss. I still look like I'm in college even though I've been out 5 1/2 years! But some mornings, it's all I can do to put my contacts in!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:22 AM

It depends. Usually I won't leave the house without make-up. Also, I never go to class in a pair of sweats. I always make sure to at least wear a pair of jeans with a nice shirt (unless I'm feeling "blah" that day...those days I'll just throw on a ZTA shirt ). It's so sad but at my school people don't get dressed up when they wear their letters. People wear their letters when they're hung over the night before and just don't feel like putting on nice clothes so instead they throw on an old bid day shirt or old formal shirt. Kinda sad.
When I go to the grocery store, I usually won't throw on make-up and I'll just pray that I don't see anyone I know.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

As axotiger said, when I look good, I feel good, so I never leave the house without makeup!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I look ok with or without makeup, so it depends on the level of "dressed up-ness" that I want to be for the particular outing.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
It depends. Usually I won't leave the house without make-up. Also, I never go to class in a pair of sweats. I always make sure to at least wear a pair of jeans with a nice shirt (unless I'm feeling "blah" that day...those days I'll just throw on a ZTA shirt ). It's so sad but at my school people don't get dressed up when they wear their letters. People wear their letters when they're hung over the night before and just don't feel like putting on nice clothes so instead they throw on an old bid day shirt or old formal shirt.
We have a unwritten rule in our chapter that when you wear you letters you have to be wearing makeup and no sweatpants. We do that because most of the other chapters on our campus do the same thing you're describing.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

If i'm going to the gym (which is practically across the street from my house), I don't usually wear makeup. I don't really know anyone in the town where my mom lives (and I guess I live now on a perm basis, considering I moved out of my apt in BR...) so it doesn't really matter.

I don't think I've ever gone to class w/o at least a sheer foundation and lip gloss. I *never* go to the grocery store w/o makeup. I also try to dress nice for school, even during finals. Yesterday was a rare exception - I wore addidas windpants and a big sweatshirt. Not my usual at all.

Its true that, in the South, some makeup is required, even to get the mail. Otherwise, you'll invariably run into someone you know and it'll get around "did you see ____, poor dear, she looks TERRIBLE..."

Its better to be safe than sorry