GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,119
0 members and 1,119 guests
No Members online

Old 07-02-2001, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyleggedsigma Send a message via Yahoo to crazyleggedsigma
Thumbs up What makes you proud of your chapter?

Hello everyone!

I'm just curious-what about your chapter makes you proud? I am NOT looking for things like "we are the largest" or "all the fraternities/sororities want to date our members", etc. I AM looking for actual accomplishments by the members themselves.

I'll go first!

My chapter of Sigma Sigma Sigma had serious problems in the early 90's, but we've overcome them (for the most part), and won two prestigious awards at Triennial Convention this summer-Most Improved Recruitment and Chapter Acheivment! We won a few other annual national awards, but the biggies only get awarded every three years. Also, we receive consistent National recognition for Initiation Sucess Rates (our members do not depledge/deactivate because they cannot stand our chapter)-we had one or two leave because they underestimated the time requirements, but they still remain on friendly terms and visit sometimes to say hello. We are consistently known as nice girls, for having a diverse house, and for unshakable sisterhood.

Now-your turn-what makes you proud?

------------------
"...when satan came from down below, he said with starry eyes, "There's only one thing wrong with hell-there are no Sigma Tri's!"
Beta Xi 1144
Southeast Missouri State

[This message has been edited by crazyleggedsigma (edited July 02, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-02-2001, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What makes me proud of my chapter? Hmmm...

Many things make me proud. Our chapter can be lazy sometimes, just like any other chapter out there. But then there are times when everyone pulls together and you really see the heart that we all put into certain things. I also felt proud when a certain member of the administration who was known for not liking Greeks said to me that she had a lot of respect for our fraternity. What also made me proud is when a faculty member said that a few years ago he thought our chapter was floundering, but at an event he recently attended, he saw great improvements and great brotherhood between us -- and I totally agree. I'm proud that we are on an upswing. All chapters go through cycles, one year you are on top, and maybe 10 years from then you are almost gone. I just hope we can stay where we are, or even improve more, for a while now.

------------------
Brian Sejas
The Miami Chapter of Delta Upsilon, Est. May 13, 1868.
Old 07-03-2001, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Well being Alpha is pretty cool But seriously, I'm proud of our chapter because we are very diverse and people feel comfortable with us. We also had problems getting members in the last couple of years. New member classes were no larger than 6. Our Spring 2001 New Member class, however, was 13! (Keep in mind we're at a small school, 20 is probably the max anyone has at one time). So things are looking up for us... all 13 of our new initiates are awesome!
Old 07-03-2001, 02:34 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

I think my chapter's proudest accomplishment is our ALUMNAE.

It was the work of the Alpha Gamma Delta Hawaii Alumnae Club (its name back then) that colonized the *FIRST EVER* NPC organization in the State of Hawaii. Though we celebrate their efforts every day, our 10th Anniversary of our chartering next year will surely be a big event!

Some posts in this topic mentioned cycles. I am proud to say that my chapter's been improving every semester of our 10 year existance!
Old 07-03-2001, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
I am so very proud of the Gamma Gamma chapter because:
- We keep raising our scholarship!
- We mean it when we say we're diverse...
- We've come through MANY hard times (we had lost our charter in 86 due to hazing, and we are totally opposite now!
- WE DONT HAZE!
- We are the nicest group of girls I know!
- We're just plain awesome!

I am so proud of the DO chapter of TBS:
- We had 2 District officers... VP and Treasurer...

- We're tryin hard to raise membership

- We have an awesome chapter of KKPsi (EPhi) to have fun with!

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!

[This message has been edited by AngelPhiSig (edited July 04, 2001).]
Old 07-04-2001, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter of Delta Zeta recolonized last year, so I'm a founding sister The nationals who came in to help us out said it was going to be a lot of hard work to clean up our image and make a positive statement on campus. We started out with 33 girls after recruitment and have only gotten bigger since then (we're up to almost 75 now!) We've shown everyone at Iowa what DZ sisterhood really is, we've gotten out there and become involved in all kinds of philanthropy events, and we were Greek Week Champs! I am really proud of myself and my sisters for never giving up and always seeing the positive - we're a great chapter!

------------------
"Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
- Former Delta Zeta President Betty Heusch Agler (Xi Chapter)
Old 07-04-2001, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

While my chapter has a lot of accomplishments to brag about and of which I am very proud, I am proudest of our sisterhood. We're not a clique-y chapter, and I know that if I call any of the sisters to see what she may have planned for the weekend, she will always invite me along. When we are all together, I really notice how much we just truly enjoy each other and how much fun we all have together. For 120 girls to all get along and have ablast together is a huge accomplishment, I think (considering how catty girls in general can be)! And best of all, this sisterhood really shines through during rush b/c we are all fiercly competitive, and we all pull together b/c we want to blow all the other sororities out of the water! (But of course it's all in good fun!)

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-04-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Thumbs up

Phi Mu at Univ of Michigan Dearborn is a great chapter. Our girls are the sweetest ones, and very respectable (not saying that other chapters arent). When we get together we have a lot of fun, no matter what we're doing. Even the guys say that we're so easy to plan mixers with because we'll do whatever and still have a great time. We aren't the largest chapter, and I think our numbers are around 30 at this time (total is 45). I like not having a huge chapter though. You get to be closer with the girls.

As for Phi Mu in a whole, it has great morals, and a great Philanthropy, which is the Children's Miracle Network.

------------------
It's not who always wins, it's who always gets respect...Phi Mu Rocks!!!
Phildo
PM'00
Old 07-05-2001, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Besides getting like 50 great sisters in my pledge class...AOII went on to win most improved chapter...chapter of the year...1st place at the doo-dah dance competition...1st place at the yell like hell competition andd 3rd place at the derby days dance competition...go AOII at GSU!
Old 07-06-2001, 02:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Talking

I'm proud of the fact that we have a very diverse members in our chapter. I'm also proud that we recieve a certificate of appreciation For participating in the umojaa bazaar during the Association Of Black Cultural Centers'national convention here in cleveland last fall. We still got a long way to go in terms of during more community services and making our chapter grow more stronger,but the road to it gets better and brighter each day.

------------------
Garth J. Lampkin
Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity
Beta Upsilon Chapter
Cleveland State University
Cleveland,Ohio
Old 07-06-2001, 02:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Talking

I'm proud of the fact that we have a very diverse members in our chapter. I'm also proud that we recieve a certificate of appreciation For participating in the umojaa bazaar during the Association Of Black Cultural Centers'national convention here in cleveland last fall. We still got a long way to go in terms of during more community services and making our chapter grow more stronger,but the road to it gets better and brighter each day.

------------------
Garth J. Lampkin
Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity
Beta Upsilon Chapter
Cleveland State University
Cleveland,Ohio
Old 07-07-2001, 05:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
Cool

What makes me proud?

Peterson 9 of last 11 years
Highest cummulative GPA on campus
Intramurals 3-peat
Greek-Sing 4-peat
Highest Community Service participation
Greek Week Champions repeat
won the most sorority weeks
threw the largest party

We’ve done great of late
There is nothing that we’ve tried that we’ve not succeeded at
We’ve won everything we’ve done
Half of our kids are old GSPers
which is the Kentucky Governors Scholar Program
for the academically capable
One of my brothers is Transferring to Harvard law this year
One brother is in NYC modeling
Many brothers are in long-term relationships
many of the elder brothers are either engaged
or married, which is really cool
We got many people in every program
Law, Med, Business, Engineering...you name it

I am proud to be a Sigma Chi
Old 07-07-2001, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs up

I am most proud of being a Jewel Chapter (raising over $2,000 for our philanthropy in a given year). The Zeta Alpha chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta has been on Eastern Michigan University's campus since 1974 and up until my pledge class (fall '99), we had never been a Jewel Chapter. But that's changed now and we've made Jewel Chapter in 2000 and 2001. I can't wait to add 2002 to our collection next year!
Old 07-07-2001, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
It might sound corny, but it's true: what makes me proud of my Chapter is the unconditional love my Sisters and I have for each other. It's rare, and oh so precious to me.

------------------

@-->---
12 Years of the Pride!
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 08-26-2001, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hi all
Well i'm a Tri Delta from the University of Toronto and love the fact that our chapter is so diverse, we come from different backgrounds, we have different polictical views etc.. be we all still get along. We believe in what our fraternity stands for and try to carry out and I am especially proud that we are very active in our philanthropy, Children's cancers.