GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,355
1 members and 2,354 guests
No Members online

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by relampago41 View Post
Actually the AKA's at their school taught them to step, so the K's need to be mad at their sorors and its sad that the validity of ZTA winning is challenged because of ppl whining. they won fair and square, step your game up! Sprite never said the step off was for D9 orgs only and i find it funny how no one said anything about non-black orgs being in it until ZTA won
i heard this argument before, dunno if its true or not, but if it is, then that's hilarious and childish.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
i heard this argument before, dunno if its true or not, but if it is, then that's hilarious and childish.
He/She doesn't know what their talking about and who knows whether those involved in the show said anything or not. Also, except for those stepping in the show, many members really didn't know the show wasn't a D9 production until later. Much of the advertising ONLY included D9 orgs and the NPHC Council of Presidents (made up of all NPHC International Presidents) backed the event, encouraged us to participate, and communicated a partnership between NPHC and Sprite. Um, what would you think after hearing that? And for those members that haven't been following the competition closely, some are just learning that this wasn't a D9 event; they had no idea until recently. Also, one of my sorors who judged the competition during the regional round in my area, said she asked a Sprite rep who was able to participate and she was told NPHC. So it sounds to me that Sprite did some manipulating and misleading at best and I haven't heard about anything yet, but if NPHC leadership does conclude that we were misled in some way, we probably won't be encouraged to participate next year. And by the way, ZTA wasn't the only non-D9 org that participated, just the only NPC sorority.

Bottom line, there is a whole lot that went on that many don't know anything about. Those that were involved in the actual competition (judges, organizers, and steppers) know the most and some are speaking out now about a lot of things (unfair treatment of members, horrible scoring and judging, disorganization, being misled, etc.).
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Actually, I said that because I knew people would get all up in arms thinking that I hate other races or don't care about the D9 organizations.
1. Disclaimers make thou protesteth too much.
2. What would your comments have to do with hating other races or not caring about D9 organizations? It was only that serious because you made it that serious. I don't think you know what you're talking about, but that has nothing to do with assumptions of how you feel about other races and D9 organizations.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K. View Post
To the underlined point:
That is what makes your comment funny. It is in fact a bit funnier now that you've explained. It makes people want to day "Bless yo po' lil heart" or my personal favorite "Po' lil Tink Tink."

To the bolded points:
Your last point was correct. Many people felt that the predominantly white organization won a competition they shouldn't have won because they were corny and their show was not good enough to win.
What the hell does "Po' lil Tink Tink" even mean? What a stupid thing to say. I have no idea who you are or what you think you know about me. Saying that they shouldn't have won makes YOU seem a little childish. Oh, and if you're going to come on here and make comments (or at least attempt to insult me) please say something that makes sense to people OTHER THAN YOU.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
2. What would your comments have to do with hating other races or not caring about D9 organizations? It was only that serious because you made it that serious. I don't think you know what you're talking about, but that has nothing to do with assumptions of how you feel about other races and D9 organizations.
You may disagree with what I have to say, but I just didn't want people on here to think I'm this horrible person that is a racist. I made a comment a while back regarding some girl asking about being heavy set and joining a sorority and people got up in arms thinking I hate heavy set people. I just felt the need to put that disclaimer in because I don't need people thinking, "Gee, that als463 must be a hater!" I'm not. I just think that it is great the Zetas won an award that many people didn't think they would get.

Disclaimer: I don't hate minorities (I am one) and I don't have an issue with heavy-set people (I have many heavy-set family members).
Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
What a stupid thing to say.
That's how we feel about what you said. There ya go.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You may disagree with what I have to say, but I just didn't want people on here to think I'm this horrible person that is a racist.
You tried too hard. Next time, just say what you have to say and let other people wrestle with the rest.

Besides, what would your comments have to do with being a racist or a horrible person? Seriously.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Disclaimer: I don't hate minorities (I am one) and I don't have an issue with heavy-set people (I have many heavy-set family members).
LOL! You are "slap yo knee" funny.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
He/She doesn't know what their talking about and who knows whether those involved in the show said anything or not. Also, except for those stepping in the show, many members really didn't know the show wasn't a D9 production until later. Much of the advertising ONLY included D9 orgs and the NPHC Council of Presidents (made up of all NPHC International Presidents) backed the event, encouraged us to participate, and communicated a partnership between NPHC and Sprite. Um, what would you think after hearing that? And for those members that haven't been following the competition closely, some are just learning that this wasn't a D9 event; they had no idea until recently. Also, one of my sorors who judged the competition during the regional round in my area, said she asked a Sprite rep who was able to participate and she was told NPHC. So it sounds to me that Sprite did some manipulating and misleading at best and I haven't heard about anything yet, but if NPHC leadership does conclude that we were misled in some way, we probably won't be encouraged to participate next year. And by the way, ZTA wasn't the only non-D9 org that participated, just the only NPC sorority.

Bottom line, there is a whole lot that went on that many don't know anything about. Those that were involved in the actual competition (judges, organizers, and steppers) know the most and some are speaking out now about a lot of things (unfair treatment of members, horrible scoring and judging, disorganization, being misled, etc.).
well.....damn! that's all there is to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a whole response until my internet got knocked out by the snow, so the short version:

Whoever said I need to broaden my perspective: Thanks, but I have read those threads. I mean come on. There are what? 5? I didn't post in them before because I honestly didn't have anything to add.

I do, however, think it is shady as hell for Sprite to make this decision after this week of controversy. Any discrepancies there may have been a. should not have happened and b. should have been addressed sooner than they were. Now, it just seems like they're trying not to step on anyone's toes, for lack of a better phrase.

Whatever, just my opinion.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

oh no
Old 02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread makes me laugh because the 2 most headstrong posters have no clue about what goes on at a step show.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
This thread makes me laugh because the 2 most headstrong posters have no clue about what goes on at a step show.
LOL! Or really anything about the stepping tradition, origins, BGLO culture, etc.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

An interesting take on it all - http://www.theroot.com/views/can-we-...ping-ourselves
Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
LOL

I guess this is better than talking about John Mayer.

Does anyone know who the steppers were for the promos for the commercials and ads? I liked the ones that I can remember. They reminded me of how much I enjoy being a Soul Steppin' Soror.