GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,431
0 members and 1,431 guests
No Members online

Old 09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, both my daughters row. My DZ daughter Kristen was recruited by ACC, SEC, and other conference schools. She will try out for Alabama's brand new varsity program and see how it goes. As recently as one month ago she received a call from the coach at Loyola Marymount University in southern California. My youngest rows lightweight and won the top cox job as a high school freshman last year. She coxed her varsity boat to a 13th place finish out of about 60 boats at the Stotesbury regatta last year. You talk about a cutie! She is playing field hockey right now (like her older sister) and hopes to do a little bit of everything when she hits college. Right now her two favorite schools are Florida State and Ole Miss.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Awww, I rowed in college, too! I was a walk-on cox at a pretty good rowing school. It was a great experience, but I felt like Division I athletics wasn't what I was looking for at the time.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm a coxswain at a compeitive DIII school and i looooove it!

we are in the process of recruitment for new rowers this week for our novice team.

yay rowing!

seek the noblest
Old 09-06-2006, 02:02 PM
imadeltaz

BamaDad,
I just sent you a PM, but I think your daughter (from all the "clues" I am getting here) is the pretty blond gal I wrote a DZ rec for over the summer. My friends are all sending her congrats notes and I have a package on the way -- could she be the same one? I met up with her at the Crosspointe Starbucks
Old 09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey UCFPNM what is your quote from?
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everybody! The "the pretty blond girl" that imadeltaz wrote a recommendation letter for is in fact my daughter! Kristen got your wonderful package - a dozen beautiful pink roses that knocked out everybody in the DZ house! What a class act the DZs are. Thank you from a very pleased DZ Dad.....Kristen is definitely planning on another round at Starbucks during the Thanksgiving Day break. She was so excited to get your gift. By the way, she apparently only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Must have been doing a lot of studying (?) with her DZ sisters last night. Do you think so?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

She was *definitely* studying.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
imadeltaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDad DZ
Hey everybody! The "the pretty blond girl" that imadeltaz wrote a recommendation letter for is in fact my daughter! Kristen got your wonderful package - a dozen beautiful pink roses that knocked out everybody in the DZ house!
Well, see now all her new sisters will remember her
Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

BamaDad DZ, I have to tell you about one of my absolute favorite DZ's: my first "real" job out of college was a political job, and the only other woman was a beautiful, blonde woman, a bit older than I, and within five minutes, we discovered that we were both "sorority girls", Maura being a DZ. She had the same wild sense of humor that I have, and it made a demanding job much easier to handle! Eventually we were joined by a third woman, another ADPi, and with Maura being blonde, Mary Rose being a brunette, and me being a redhead, we were dubbed "Charlie's Angels"!

We lost touch, to my chagrin, but as much as I worship the ground KillarneyRose walks on Maura will always be my favorite DZ. If she & KR are any indication of the typical DZ, Kristin is in very fine company, indeed!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

k i wanna see a picture of that pledge class! wow.. 80 some girls... thats like an entire house up here at some schools!