GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,390
0 members and 2,390 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2006, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Ditto on everything my sister said!

Relax (I know that it's hard ) and just be yourself and have a great time. You'll do fine!!!!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2006, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink but!

I keep telling myself that but I don't think I'll be able to belive it till it's all over with, (then I'll tell other girls that haha)
Old 08-28-2006, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

hey future, have you started/finished recuitment yet?!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwright25
I'd rather someone be completely offline than to run into a blocked profile.
I know the issue is pretty much closed, but, for the record, you can change Facebook privacy settings to make it appear as though you don't even have an account to anyone who searches for you and isn't your friend. So that's an option for anyone who is hesitant to block their profile but still doesn't want to be snooped on.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

ok I couldn't resist this.

As facebook has recently said they are going to open up essentially to "anyone who wants a profile" (no, I'm not going to comment on that) I think it would be ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS to think anything but "she's smart" of someone who privatized their account. what is she hiding? Come on, I understand that you want to get to know the PNMs and see what they're like, so talk to them. Don't read what her drunk friend posted in a message to them and try to infer something about her. As I'm sure we've all learned, the web lets you become whomever you choose. I have quite a few friends whose online profiles make them look like saints when I and anyone else who has met them face to face certainly knows they aren't. I think it would be just as bad to get pumped up about a girl because she has the "quintessential online profile," rush her hard, give her a bid, and then have her turn out to be a loud public drunk who just doesn't own a camera to post the pictures. (this is just an example)

Keep it private, by all means. Treasure the fact that you have "the right to be left alone." My facebook, from the day I opened it, has been set so that only my friends and 'friends of my friends at my school' can see it. I have the name of my apartment complex up because my friends always forget and I don't want that information free for the taking. Ok sorry, i HAD to get that out.

HOW'S RECRUITMENT?!?!?!??