GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,031
1 members and 1,030 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2014, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a senior UC Davis/anywhere

Is it worth rushing senior year or will I not get a bid?

I'm going to be a senior in the fall and I'm thinking of rushing. I haven't really thought of doing it in the past because of too much work from school, but thinking of joining a fraternity would be pretty awesome. I love how some do things for the community. However, I will be a senior soon so will I even have a chance? I go to UC DAVIS if that matters...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm an adviser for the DG chapter at UC Davis. For the NPC sororities, some, but not all, do pledge seniors each year. I'm not sure about the fraternities, though.

Have you been at UCD this entire time or at least your junior year? If so, it would be best to ask a fraternity member directly. You can also contact the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (http://osfl.ucdavis.edu/contact.html).
Old 07-01-2014, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been around UC Davis since my freshmen year, but haven't really thought about joining a fraternity until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
I'm an adviser for the DG chapter at UC Davis. For the NPC sororities, some, but not all, do pledge seniors each year. I'm not sure about the fraternities, though.

Have you been at UCD this entire time or at least your junior year? If so, it would be best to ask a fraternity member directly. You can also contact the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (http://osfl.ucdavis.edu/contact.html).
Old 07-01-2014, 10:04 AM

Are you friends with any fraternity men; or, any sorority women who can introduce you around? Do you hold any leadership positions on campus?

I saw it happen on my campus back in the day but he was a campus leader with lots of friends in the system.

My advice is going to be what I would tell any woman considering NPC recruitment. If you think you can handle not getting a bid, then why not go through rush.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
Are you friends with any fraternity men; or, any sorority women who can introduce you around? Do you hold any leadership positions on campus?

I saw it happen on my campus back in the day but he was a campus leader with lots of friends in the system.

My advice is going to be what I would tell any woman considering NPC recruitment. If you think you can handle not getting a bid, then why not go through rush.

I am friends with some frat men and sorority women. Is it generally harder to get in because of my class standing?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:55 AM

Yes, generally harder because people will be wondering why you haven't rushed earlier, what's changed, why pledge someone who's going to turn around and graduate soon, etc.