GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,008
1 members and 1,007 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 04-27-2001, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile new ideas

hi I am looking for new ideas, there are so many activities and events held by the other frats and soror's, we want to do something annually. does anyone have any ideas??? thanks
Old 05-03-2001, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

It depends on where you are at and I may be a lttle late in respose. My House does a hot-tub-a-thon whith a local Soro for 72 hrs. While this gives us great PR, it also raises money for the Ron MC D House! If you want to give more Info pease do, as I know school is about to get out!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 05-06-2001, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a chapter that organizes a community cleanup/painting/etc. event. They recruit other groups (like GLOs) to go out in teams into the community on a Saturday in the spring. Teams do things like paint houses or clean yards for senior citizens, spruce up parks, etc.

Old 05-13-2001, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The Miami Chapter of Delta Upsilon has held the best philanthropy on Miami University's campus for a few years now. It is basically a raffle for a car -- we started with a Jeep Cherokee, and last year we used a Jeep Wrangler. We partnered ourselves with Alpha Phi and sold tickets around campus for a couple weeks. We called it "Kiss Off" originally. Random ticket buyers were drawn and whoever could kiss the car the longest got it. The winner gets the car (a two year lease). Last year we called it "Turn On" where the random ticket buyers picked a key out of a bucket and tried to turn on the car. Obviously only one of the keys was the right one. We were able to raise a total of around $12,000 with about $5,000 given to the local counseling and crisis center.

I put more info in the Philanthropy section of our website if you are interested.

------------------
Brian Sejas
VP-Public Relations
The Miami Chapter of Delta Upsilon
http://www.mudeltau.org