GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,259
2 members and 1,257 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Crystal Meth

FYI ...

My sister and her husband have been working recovering Crystal Meth addicts and they told me that the police and the recovering addicts have all reported that Crystal Meth dealers are mixing it with joints and other harder drugs.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Crystal meth is gay
Old 03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PiKA2001
Crystal meth is gay

Gay, it is deadly.

Get with it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-08-2006, 09:19 PM

Oklahoma leads the nation in meth labs. I knew if we tried hard enough we'd be number 1 at something.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats
Old 03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by irishpipes
Oklahoma leads the nation in meth labs. I knew if we tried hard enough we'd be number 1 at something.
Meth is the hillbilly herion, correct?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Meth is what they make when they use psuedophedrine (sudafed) in homemade labs. That is why it is behind the counters at pharmacies. Soccer moms are becoming addicts overnight across America.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/methamphetamine.html

Last edited by Denise_DPhiE; 03-08-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Get over it! Just a suggestion, it is a suck Killing drug!

Your Post does not help.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Denise_DPhiE
Meth is what they make when they use psuedophedrine (sudafed) in homemade labs. That is why it is behind the counters at pharmacies. Soccer moms are becoming addicts overnight across America.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/methamphetamine.html
Yeah, i've read how bad it is in these small towns of only maybe a few hundred residents. I don't know anybody who messes around with meth but I have come across a good number of crack users, and if anybody wants to scare their kids off the temptation of drugs, let them hang out with a crack-head for a few hours.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by irishpipes
This is no longer the case. Since the new laws passed restricting the sell of pseudophedrine (a key component), the number of meth lab busts has plumetted. Instead, we're getting a much higher quality substance transported to Oklahoma from Mexico via I-35.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I was looking for an article that I remember reading about a year or two ago about people moving into homes and shortly afterwards getting very sick/strange unknown illnesses. When they tested these homes for possible bacteria or mold ( reasons thought to cause their illness ) they found out that the houses were previously used as meth labs. From my understanding any building used as a meth lab usually has some residue floating around and is usually considered very unhealthy to live in. Has anybody read or heard about this?
Old 03-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Banned

Excellent comeback!

I'm pretty sure that I can't say anything about meth, I know the county next to my hometown is ridiculous about it, but they're abunch of small town guys. My hometown imported more cocaine per capita than the any town in the state did. So I believe I know a little something about class, sorry.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my friends at Alabama told me that a meth lab blew up in the basement of the SAE house a few years back. No idea if it is true or not.

Quote:
Originally posted by ilikehazing
I'm told pikes know alot about meth.

Anyways, everyone always says that their town, county, state is the meth capital of the world. I had an ex-hookup that told me her small town in British Columbia Canada was the meth capital of the world. Guys, I've seen a truck explode on the highway because it had a cooking meth lab in the back.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PiKA2001
I was looking for an article that I remember reading about a year or two ago about people moving into homes and shortly afterwards getting very sick/strange unknown illnesses. When they tested these homes for possible bacteria or mold ( reasons thought to cause their illness ) they found out that the houses were previously used as meth labs. From my understanding any building used as a meth lab usually has some residue floating around and is usually considered very unhealthy to live in. Has anybody read or heard about this?
The first case I worked on as a summer assocaite was about the injuries suffered by nurses and doctors at a hospital from a patient who was allegedly toxic. One of the theories of the case was that what really made them sick was that someone was running a meth lab out of the basement of the hospital. Of course another was that someone had thrown an ammonia cap down the hopper right before the surgery started. It was a crazy case.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Crystal Meth is slowly moving across North America - West to East, it is in small towns and big cities. It has addicts who are homeless teenagers, Soccer Moms, and university students.

The reason it is gaining footholds in all cities and towns is because it is so inexpensive to make, and so profitable when sold.

One problem with "tracking" the effects of Crystal Meth is that if the person dies, it is usually because of some other reason (such as hitting a tree) being the final reason, but the deceased hit the tree because they were high on Crystal Meth.

In BC, there are a number of films coming out of the "bait cars" [cars planted on the streets to tempt car thieves, that contain hidden cameras in the car to record the crime] where the thief is high on Crystal Meth. The scarriest film, which made national news broadcasts, had a guy high on Crystal Meth speeding along a major street in the city, with a gun, which thankfully was not loaded. If the gun had been loaded, a number of bystanders could have been wounded or killed.