GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,364
2 members and 1,362 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

What does your name mean?

I thought this would be a fun thread. ITT we click on the website posted, type in your first name, highlight what comes up/cut and paste here, and then decide if your name matches your personality.

Click here type your name in, and then post it --of course delete your name for those who don't want anyone to know what your real life name is.

This is what came up when I typed my name in. What freaked me out was that it fit me almost exact, all the way down to my sinuses. What's in bold is me all day lol. It kind of reminds me of a fun fortune cookie.

You?

Your first name of ("L") has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person.

Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic.

As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people.

This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances.

You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement.

You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you.

There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating.

You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature.

In your work, you find it difficult to be neat and orderly.

You rarely plan things ahead of time, or follow a routine.

Emotion and feeling, the desire to be carefree, friendly, and happy, are the driving forces in your being, rather than shrewdness, ambition, and material success.

You could experience headaches, or problems with your teeth, ears, eyes, or sinuses.

Health weaknesses relative to the functioning of the liver could appear.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2014, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

• Your name of "N" makes you a capable leader and organizer.
  • You find it difficult to be in positions of subservience or where you are taking advice from others.
  • You desire the best and want to be successful and financially prosperous and are willing to give practical help where it is deserved.
  • You are ambitious and practical and often look at things for their financial viability.
  • Fairness is important to you and you could be drawn to the justice system.
  • Personal relationships suffer sometimes because you are inclined to overlook the little things, such as thoughtful and appreciative gestures.
  • This name makes you too forceful at times, limiting the natural feminine qualities of tenderness and tact.
  • You could suffer female disturbances or other problems in the generative organs.
For the most part this is me! I think the most interesting part is the female part because I do suffer from ovarian cysts from time to time! But also my personality is true because I love to give advice out to people but maybe a handful of people is who I would listen to if they were giving me advice.

Last edited by candygirl200413; 06-11-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Your name of (D) gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour.

Your ideas can be very original and inventive.

You enjoy being with people in a social environment.

Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others.

Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you would probably not follow such advice yourself.

This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

You seem positive and decisive and can be outspoken in the expression of your opinions, but you lack the self-confidence needed to follow through with your ideas and plans.

Procrastination is your downfall.

You frequently choose the path of least resistance to avoid your responsibilities.

It is not easy for you to overcome obstacles or face issues.

This name does you an injustice in that it restricts your success in business and personal pursuits through a lack of ambition.

There is a weakness in the fluid functions and in the region of the head resulting in sinus problems, headaches, eye, ear, or throat conditions and related ailments.

Hair loss could also be a problem

I think this is more wrong than right for me. Bolded stuff is on target, stuff in red is the exact opposite of me.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

But when I use my nickname, Dee, I get this:

Your first name of Dee has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature.

While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.

You become intensely involved with everything you plan to do, but the stress arising from frustrating obstacles or misunderstandings with others could prompt you to be intolerant and sarcastic in your expression, with breakdowns in congenial relations with family and friends a possible end result.

Any emotional outbursts or moods would register as tension in your solar plexus, resulting in nervous indigestion and related problems.

Tension could also centre in the head affecting the eyes, ears, sinuses, or teeth.

True relaxation and peace of mind are elusive under this name.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll use Dee's system: bold for accurate attributes, red for inaccurate/opposite characteristics.

Your first name of (T) has given you an eagerness for knowledge and an intense desire to do something worthwhile in life.

Being clever, imaginative, and analytical, you do very well in the activities that hold your attention.

You long for freedom from restrictions and for outlets for your restless qualities, and cannot tolerate drudgery and monotony.

It is not easy for you to take advice, subsequently; you tend to work alone or independently.

You suffer inner turmoil and moods at times especially when you feel misunderstood, and being extremely sensitive, you are easily hurt and offended.

Your quiet intensity is difficult for others to understand and thus, you are on guard for fear of being ridiculed or criticized.

Loving the outdoors, you enjoy outside activities and the beauty of nature in its many facets.

Many people do not realize that you have a depth to your nature resulting from having thought a lot about life in many facets.

It also creates tension in the nervous system, particularly the solar plexus and stomach, causing nervous indigestion and relative conditions.

Let's see:
1. don't most people want to do something worthwhile in life?
2. I don't HATE the outdoors, but you won't see me volunteering to go hiking and the like.
3. The only tension in my stomach is that there's too much of it.
4. I'm hardly quiet, but when I am, I have something huge weighing on me. It's not always bad stuff, but I get really deep in thought--often.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:00 PM

•The name of Lane creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent.

You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature.
Patience is not your forte.
•You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position.

•You are ambitious and aggressive by nature.

You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others. I don't need a computer to tell me the underlined; heard that from 99% of anyone I've ever been in a relationship with.

You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas.

•You are very self-confident and feel you can accomplish anything you set out to do, and you can, although, this name does not allow proper completion of undertakings, and forced changes cause financial losses and bitter experiences.

•This name also creates caustic expression and moods which prevent harmony and happiness in close association.

•When under strain, tension could affect the stomach and solar plexus.

•There is a tendency for you to worry.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Your first name of A has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person.
Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic.

As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people.
This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances.
You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement.
You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you.
There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating.
You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature.
In your work, you find it difficult to be neat and orderly.
(OMG - they must have a camera on my desk)You rarely plan things ahead of time, or follow a routine.
(Nope - planning is for sissies.)Emotion and feeling, the desire to be carefree, friendly, and happy, are the driving forces in your being, rather than shrewdness, ambition, and material success.
You could experience headaches, or problems with your teeth, ears, eyes, or sinuses.
(Did they get my medical history first?)Health weaknesses relative to the functioning of the liver could appear.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The name of A has given you an appreciation for many beautiful and refined aspects of life--music and art, literature, drama--and the outdoors, where you find much peace and relaxation, but it creates a far too sensitive nature.

You sense and feel much that you do not understand, and sometimes you are alarmed at your thoughts and wonder about their origin.

You rarely experience the tranquility that comes with stability of thinking or emotional control.

At times, you are very inspired, desiring to be with people and to entertain others as the "life of the party," while at other times you are aloof and choose to remove yourself entirely from association.

You crave understanding and affection but your intensity of desire and your self-consciousness prevent you from finding the happiness you desire.

You have suffered many disappointments and misunderstandings because of your inability to express your inner thoughts.

You could experience sensitivity in the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs, causing tuberculosis, asthma, or depletion of your energies.

This website clearly doesn't know me very well :P The lines in red don't apply to me at all. Someone else with my name is feeling a much closer connection than I am.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting! Here's mine:
Your first name, creates an independent, forthright, practical nature.

You desire to work on your own or to occupy positions of authority where you have opportunities to organize an area of interest and where your decisions are heeded.
(I sell travel and get REALLY annoyed when people don't do what I say as regards their perfect vacation. I mean seriously, I'm a professional. Just do what I say and we'll all be happy)
You want to be successful financially and have an interest in investments and stocks. (Ummm, duh?)

Being consistent and stable in your nature, you are decisive, capable, and efficient, though not always tactful in expressing your opinions. (So what are you trying to say? But yes, with all the havoc in my life in the last year, I have used the word ROUTINE, as in I need to develop a, about a million times)

Your appreciation of art and music is focused around how to make these activities into viable financial opportunities. (I love to quilt, but I really prefer when I can do it for money. My ex-husband is/was a musician, and it bugged the hell out of me that he had a marketable talent that he didn't use for money)

At times, you create misunderstandings with others as it is not easy for you to be diplomatic.

Health problems centre in the head affecting the eyes, ears, sinuses, or teeth.

Also, tension could afflict the female generative organs (those last ones can go without commentary)

I did this again using my nickname and got very interesting results that I think are closer to the truth.
The name contains within it an intense emotional power that could drive you to put forth great effort to accomplish your ambitions and to do something noteworthy and worthwhile.

There are humanitarian ideals in this name, making you feel the urge to champion the cause of the downtrodden, the victims of circumstances and injustices.

However, it is difficult for you to materialize your ideals because of a restless, unsettled feeling which causes you never to know just what it is that you should be working toward, and the very intensity of your nature makes systematic concentration and application a challenge.

You can have intensely contrasting feelings toward people, either you are fiercely loyal or extremely intolerant.

There is rarely a happy medium in your feelings.

Consequently, you experience many disappointments in people, tragedy, and the loss of the very things for which you may be intensely striving.

Bitter experiences could make you cynical, critical, and argumentative.

You find it difficult to see the brighter or humorous side of a situation.

This name makes you nervous and highly strung, causing tension affecting your nervous system and solar plexus.

Last edited by DubaiSis; 06-12-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

As C . . .

• you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges.
    True.
  • Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony.
    Not true.
  • As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks.
    Well, duh,.
  • Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things.
    Often true.
  • You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.
    No - as a teacher, I need to NOT "do it myself".
  • You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.
    Truth.
  • You do not find contentment in the routine tasks and responsibilities that are associated with home and family or with administrative detail in the business world, so you have to guard against frustration and even moods of depression over your personal responsibilities.
    Nope.
  • The restlessness this name creates could find an outlet in caustic, irritable expression.
    Irritable?
  • Also, the intensity of your nature could result in tension in the solar plexus causing stomach trouble and, because you take your responsibilities seriously you could experience much worry.This is strangely true.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

• Your first name of L has made you a hard worker with a meticulous sense of detail.
  • You have a great deal of patience and independence, and you can be relied upon to complete your undertakings.
  • You are stable, trustworthy, homeloving, and logical in practical matters, but rather unresponsive to suggestions from others.
  • You resist change. - Most of the time.
  • This name does not give you great ambitions, vision, or imagination.
  • It frustrates the expression of your softer, feminine qualities in that you find it difficult to express the depth of your feelings for those you love.
  • It limits you to practical matters of the day, filling your life with detailed routine.
  • hard work, and monotony.
  • Weaknesses in the health could affect the intestinal organs, causing growths, ulcers, constipation, or glandular conditions.
  • Problems from head tension affecting the eyes, ears, sinuses, or teeth could arise.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I ran it first with my full and legal name, which I use on my driver's license and in my wedding vows. That was inaccurate (and tells me that ClemsonGirl must share that name with me!). Then I ran it with the nickname that I've used all my life, and got this:

Your first name has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality.

Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue.

Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways.

You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association You enjoy music and could have a fine singing voice; however, the study could be somewhat difficult because you do not find it easy to apply yourself to concentrated study for long periods.

In this respect, this name is not altogether constructive; it creates a somewhat scattering influence which makes it difficult for you to finish what you start.

This name brings disappointments and emotional involvements through being too sympathetic and easily influenced.

As a result of your active nature, you have an appetite for quick-energy foods, which you could consume to excess.

Health weakness appear as skin conditions (I've had eczema all my life), or as ailments relative to the liver.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Whatever is in Kappa Krimson is the truth about me. What's left in black is not me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name of (R) gives you a very individual, reserved, serious nature.

You stick stubbornly to your ideas or decisions, in spite of any appeals or advice; you are not willing to accept a compromise (adding: depends on who the person is trying to give me advice)

You prefer to be alone with your own thoughts, rather than in the company of others (adding: depends on who these people are)

This name restricts spontaneity in association and the fluency of your verbal expression.

When you are required to express yourself in personal matters requiring finesse and diplomacy, you feel awkward and embarrassed.

Although you realize perfectly well what is expected of you, you are unable to find the right words, and hence you end up saying something inappropriate in a candid way.

You can express your deeper thoughts and feelings best through writing.

Your friendships and personal associations are rather restricted, being limited to those of a similar nature who can understand and accept your rather straightforward yet reserved manner.

You are steadfast and loyal, and do not allow gossip or anything belittling to be said against those whom you accept in friendship.

You find satisfaction in being outdoors or in getting out into nature, or in dealing with the products of the earth.

There is originality and depth of thought contained in this name, particularly along practical and mathematical lines.

This name can adversely affect the health of your respiratory organs, the heart and lungs.

Also, you are prone to suffer from weaknesses centering in the head.
Romans 1:16
Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Awhile View Post
I ran it first with my full and legal name, which I use on my driver's license and in my wedding vows. That was inaccurate (and tells me that ClemsonGirl must share that name with me!).
Maybe, or maybe not. amIblue ("A") and cheerfulgreek ("L") got exactly the same descriptions.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Maybe, or maybe not. amIblue ("A") and cheerfulgreek ("L") got exactly the same descriptions.
Guess I didn't read closely enough. Oh well!

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ