GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,292
2 members and 1,290 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 11-08-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Baylor Spring Recruitment Advice

Hello - I'm new to Greek Chat. I'm needing some advice regarding recruitment at my college. Any Baylor alum advice would be wonderful. My college does deferred recruitment in the spring semester. So far there have been some fall pre recruitment parties that I've attended, and just with the limited time I've spent at these parties and talking to other girls, I know this is something that I really want. Recruiment here is competitive. I'm an 18 year old freshman, but my situation is a little unusual. In my major, I will be attending the college's main campus for the first 2 years, then the last 2 will have to be spent at another branch of my college in a completely different city. THere will be no sororities at this branch, so I won't be able to particiapate as a member anymore after 2 years. Is this something that will hurt my chances for recruitment in the spring? I'm just wanting to get a feel for whether I should even bother to go through. Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Are you going to Dallas for Nursing??

My sister was a member of one of the locals on campus. She had a few sisters who were in the Nursing program & I don't think it mattered much that they weren't on campus for Jr & Sr year. Things could very well be different with NPC sororities. If you have questions the greek life office a is a great place to ask them.

Stef the Pef went to Baylor. She was helpful when my sister was applying to go to Baylor and with sorority info. She hasn't posted on here in a while but shoot her a PM.

Good Luck!

Last edited by ZTAMich; 11-09-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Some sororities will care, and might release you. However, look at groups that already have nursing majors, and maybe focus on them if you fit in there. My sister goes to Baylor and is in a sorority there. If you haven't already, post a recruitment story about fall parties!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:56 AM
GreekChat Member

There are plenty of girls in the nursing program at Baylor involved in Greek life (NPC and locals) - plus you're in your first semester and chapters know how many times people change majors anyway. Don't stress over it.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day

Baylor Bid Day is today!!! Updates please?!