GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 980
1 members and 979 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Or the opposite.
#fail on my part. lol I was tired.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/...-days-2504396/
Quote:
Earlier this week in Fall River, Massachusetts, the body of Marie Joseph, 36, was found in the town's pool. Sad and disturbing enough, but police believe the mother of three was actually floating there for two days before anyone noticed.

For TWO DAYS swimmers swam, dove, and had a grand old time in the sun, and no one noticed her body. It's unfathomable that something like that could happen, and what the hell were the lifeguards doing?
WTH?!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

The version I read said it had been FOUR days. They also said something about the water being too murky to see it and they were going to pass some law about putting a black box in the bottom of every public pool.. and if you can't see the black box, the pool can't be open. Crazy. Who would swim in a pool that was so murky you couldn't see a BODY in it?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ ew. i mean i get it, it's hot, but seriously swimming in murky water? that is disgusting and even more so considering it's a public pool. i wonder why her friends left without her?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Now everything I read about it says two days. The initial one I read must have had bad information. Two days is still crazy.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Idaho Falls Police Investigate Man in Bunny Suit

There are no pictures of his actual bunny suit, which i find disappointing. I also looked in the Idaho Judiciary, he has nothing listed other than speeding tickets.

http://www.kpvi.com/content/news/loc...SsOT6mRgA.cspx

Idaho Falls Police Investigate Man in Bunny Suit

An Idaho Falls man has been told not to wear his bunny suit in public anymore after neighbors complained that he was frightening small children.

The Idaho Falls Police Department received calls on Monday of a man in a bunny suit that was being a public nuisance and frightening children in a neighborhood. Police responded to the 400 block of Third Street where they advised 34-year-old William Falkingham not to wear his bunny suit costume in public.

According to reports, a resident told authorities that her son had been frightened by Falkingham who was wearing a black bunny suit and hiding behind a tree. The neighbor also told police that the 34-year-old male pointed his finger like a gun at her son.

Officers also spoke to other neighbors who expressed that they were greatly disturbed by Falkingham and his bunny suit. Neighbors also reported that the 34-year-old occasionally wears a tutu with the costume.

Falkingham told authorities that he enjoys wearing the suit, but understands the neighbors’ concerns and complaints
Old 08-02-2011, 05:23 PM
NUKaydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
The local news reported that a child that had come with the victim alerted the lifeguards that she had not surfaced after going underwater, but was ignored.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Police urge holster use after man shoots his own penis

Quote:
As Chandler residents Joshua Seto, 27, and his fiancée, Cara Christopher, walked over to a Fry's Food Store for refreshments, he tried securing her pink handgun in the front waistband of his pants.
the gun is about the length of a dollar bill.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...penis-sev.html

when i was 6 or 7, i was watching TV with my father and the character shoved his gun down the front of his waistband. dad made a point to tell me, "See that? Don't ever do that. You'll shoot your dick off."

Last edited by FHwku; 08-09-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know how this even happened. WTF, Houston:

http://www.khou.com/news/Traffic-Ale...127339658.html

Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Parking Lot Flasher "Aroused" by Walmart:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...walmart-657483
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXA SE285 View Post
Parking Lot Flasher "Aroused" by Walmart:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...walmart-657483
I don't know, those low prices are really hot.....

http://www.aol.com/2011/08/11/candic...me_Masterminds
Old 08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Fashion Police for REAL!

Abercrombie & Fitch Offers to Pay 'Jersey Shore's' 'The Situation' to Stop Wearing Their Clothes

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...wearing-their/

A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow "Jersey Shore" cast members -- so they'll stop wearing the brand on the show.

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. says in a news release posted Tuesday that it's concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.

Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers. The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show so he'll wear something else.

The company says it also is making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.

An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no idea legal adults wore clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch in 2011.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
...I had no idea legal adults wore clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch in 2011.
I have a cousin who's approximately 25. He used to mock my brother for wearing Abercrombie, Hollister, etc. He came home over Christmas break two years ago all decked out in Abercrombie, and got mad when we "mocked" him for wearing it.

If it's something nice and classic, that's one thing, but the people who are well into their 30s that wear the logo-plastered clothing of ANY brand have always bothered me.. It's like they haven't bothered to grow up any past high school. Just my opinion, though.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Man steals forklift for beer run, leads low-speed police chase [VIDEO]

Oh, Texas...

Quote:
With a six-pack of beer in hand and dog at his side, a shirtless Fort Worth man operating a forklift took police on a chase of epic low-speed proportions that ended with a tasing.

The man, identified as 43-year-old Tim Raines, faces various charges after stealing a forklift in order to go on a beer run. He eventually lead Fort Worth police on a chase on various parts of Interstate 30 and other side streets on Sunday evening.

"I took the tractor and I drove the tractor to a beer store," Raines said in a jailhouse interview following his arrest. "I picked up a six-pack. I had my dog with me on top of the lift."

Raines' forklift antics were caught on tape by University of Texas at Arlington student Nathan Lowery, who saw the alleged drunken driver and heavy machine thief driving erratically.
link

Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST62 View Post
I have a cousin who's approximately 25. He used to mock my brother for wearing Abercrombie, Hollister, etc. He came home over Christmas break two years ago all decked out in Abercrombie, and got mad when we "mocked" him for wearing it.

If it's something nice and classic, that's one thing, but the people who are well into their 30s that wear the logo-plastered clothing of ANY brand have always bothered me.. It's like they haven't bothered to grow up any past high school. Just my opinion, though.
Don't they just graduate to the Affliction Christian Audigier stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Oh, Texas...

link
Umm that could totally be Idaho, I have seen many a person who cannot legally drive due to DUI ride a lawn mower around. There used to be this bar, The Slurp 'N Burp, where more than once a dude would roll in on a riding lawn mower, from age 21 on up to 80s or 90s for sure. Even better, when he made a friend and she rode home with him. The karaoke serenades of "She thinks my tractor's sexy" had real meaning.