GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,177
0 members and 2,177 guests
No Members online

Old 02-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The1calledTKE
Yes but my letter dealt with the topic. Your letter was meant to insult/attack me.

Why do you like to insult/attack people and expect people to take it?

Is it because your always right so trying to insult or hurt people makes it right? The person that you insult is suppose to agree with your statement and feel as lowly about themselves as you see them ?
No my letter was right on topic.

It's funny again how you only come on to post attacks on Republicans and the President and you annoy everyone with it. Have ksigkid and KSig RC also not made remarks about this? Have not others? Those are rhetorical questions (another word that appears in a dictionary).

You posted a letter. I posted a letter. They relate because they are both letters.

Sadly you repeatedly post these attacks

-Rudey
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-23-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Yes but my letter dealt with the topic.
One time for all my homeys in this thread:

REP. MYRICK'S LETTER DOES NOTDEAL WITH THE TOPIC - IT PRESENTS NO LOGICAL ARGUMENT, NOR DOES IT ADDRESS THE ISSUE - STOP ACTING LIKE IT IS A VALID POINT TO ADDRESS. EXPLAIN WHY I SHOULD BE AGAINST THIS.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
No my letter was right on topic.

It's funny again how you only come on to post attacks on Republicans and the President and you annoy everyone with it. Have ksigkid and KSig RC also not made remarks about this? Have not others? Those are rhetorical questions (another word that appears in a dictionary).

You posted a letter. I posted a letter. They relate because they are both letters.

Sadly you repeatedly post these attacks

-Rudey
So if I post a letter about turkey hunting, that is on topic or relate since it is a letter? Good arguement.

I am aware that some people like the KSig's don't like my post. I am just posting from my beliefs. I doubt I annoy everyone.

Funny you will almost fight to the death to defend Hooiser's post that "attack" liberals or Democrats even though some people find him annoying. With me you would like to see me shot dead in some ditch because I post stuff that annoys you and some others.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As DeltAlum pointed out, this is for port management and not security. Additionally it is a UAE based firm that is partially owned by the UAE.

Many Republicans are against this and many Democrats are for it. It's not a party issue and it's sad that someone on this site interpreted it that way.

The UAE is a hub for money laundering but that means nothing. What does mean something is the fact that Osama hung out in the UAE as detailed in the 9/11 report. What also means something is the way that the rulers there have protected charities that are terrorist fronts. And finally, China, Russia, and France have armed terrorist nations like Iran and Iraq but we are still friendly towards them. There is no black and white in diplomacy, only grays; the UAE is our ally and less of a rogue nation than Iraq.

And President Bush knew nothing about this. This has nothing to do with him. But people are here to spew vitriol. A national security agency required the company to go through stringent checks and investigations before it provided clearance.

-Rudey
--I can't wait for someone to ignore all I've written and post something anti-Republican now.
Rudey,

To me, it sounds like a lot of folks are trying to get elected in 2006...

So the pulse of the nation of major areas that up for re-election some folks are distancing themselves from the Bush administration--for whatever reason.

I find this whole thing slimy and everyone needs to be voted out of office--no matter what a person's party affiliation. Especially the woman from Maine.

As far as Hilary, you may want to keep her in check--right where you can see her... Such as "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."

And this UAE deal... Somebody over in the United States is making money off this deal. Whoever it is, I wanna know this person...

Finally, CITGO is a foreign government owned company by Venezuela... So apparently, the Untied States does do business with government owned companies. To me, IMO, it is an unfair advantage against the US corporations. We are not allowed to be owned by our government with full government backing--although that could be a matter of contention with Halliburton and all--but, I don't think any top US held global corporations are owned by our government--like Microsoft isn't, Cisco isn't, ADM isn't, Concoco-Phillips isn't, Coca Cola isn't...

And China is covering our deficit now...

So really, who is in charge of our ports?

It seems like the rug has been taken out from under us and it happened a long time ago.

And our responsible leaders at the time were asleep at the wheel.

Manifest checks and verification may not happen, but we shall see...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 02-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
So if I post a letter about turkey hunting, that is on topic or relate since it is a letter? Good arguement.

I am aware that some people like the KSig's don't like my post. I am just posting from my beliefs. I doubt I annoy everyone.

Funny you will almost fight to the death to defend Hooiser's post that "attack" liberals or Democrats even though some people find him annoying. With me you would like to see me shot dead in some ditch because I post stuff that annoys you and some others.
Your "letter" had nothing to do with the topic. Stop pretending now. My letter related to your letter.

I don't fight for anything that isn't true.

You consistently post non-sensical poop posts like this one where you brought up being shot in a ditch. It makes me question your sanity because it is just...WEIRD.

-Rudey
Old 02-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

True, you could not be more.

-Rudey

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet
Rudey,

To me, it sounds like a lot of folks are trying to get elected in 2006...

So the pulse of the nation of major areas that up for re-election some folks are distancing themselves from the Bush administration--for whatever reason.

I find this whole thing slimy and everyone needs to be voted out of office--no matter what a person's party affiliation. Especially the woman from Maine.

As far as Hilary, you may want to keep her in check--right where you can see her... Such as "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."

And this UAE deal... Somebody over in the United States is making money off this deal. Whoever it is, I wanna know this person...

Finally, CITGO is a foreign government owned company by Venezuela... So apparently, the Untied States does do business with government owned companies. To me, IMO, it is an unfair advantage against the US corporations. We are not allowed to be owned by our government with full government backing--although that could be a matter of contention with Halliburton and all--but, I don't think any top US held global corporations are owned by our government--like Microsoft isn't, Cisco isn't, ADM isn't, Concoco-Phillips isn't, Coca Cola isn't...

And China is covering our deficit now...

So really, who is in charge of our ports?

It seems like the rug has been taken out from under us and it happened a long time ago.

And our responsible leaders at the time were asleep at the wheel.

Manifest checks and verification may not happen, but we shall see...
Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
My uncle just got orders to Dubai, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Guess I need to revisit the topic.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by KSig RC
One time for all my homeys in this thread:

REP. MYRICK'S LETTER DOES NOTDEAL WITH THE TOPIC - IT PRESENTS NO LOGICAL ARGUMENT, NOR DOES IT ADDRESS THE ISSUE - STOP ACTING LIKE IT IS A VALID POINT TO ADDRESS. EXPLAIN WHY I SHOULD BE AGAINST THIS.
It dealt with DeltAlum saying "the politics involved here are international -- not Republican vs. Democrats".

I gave an example of a Republican against the port deal.

I don't think many people would argue most Democrats are against it so I didn't post anything in reguards of this.

Personally I am not against the deal. I highly doubt the UAE would bring in all or even some Arab/Muslim that could possiblly be terrorist. All likelyhood the workers and most the management will be done by American workers.

I think a lot of this is because of some American see Arabs and Muslims are terrorist. The is a business deal and I don't see the UAE doing something that would hurt their investment.

The1calledTKE

How about them Red Sox..?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Your "letter" had nothing to do with the topic. Stop pretending now. My letter related to your letter.

I don't fight for anything that isn't true.

You consistently post non-sensical poop posts like this one where you brought up being shot in a ditch. It makes me question your sanity because it is just...WEIRD.

-Rudey
Hey if I am insane maybe my post will not bother you as much and you will just brush them off because they were by an insane guy.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Personally I am not against the deal. I highly doubt the UAE would bring in all or even some Arab/Muslim that could possiblly be terrorist. All likelyhood the workers and most the management will be done by American workers.

I think a lot of this is because of some American see Arabs and Muslims are terrorist. The is a business deal and I don't see the UAE doing something that would hurt their investment.
You're probably right in that American workers would be the one's doing the work.

But I still think they are getting paid in "blood money" and that's my unfounded, non-factual opinion.

And I know it is the price of doing business. But to a point there needs to be some level of ethics. However, when we are talking about big pimps that spend a G, then hey, folks gotta bow down to the highest roller...

Right now, it's the Chinese... Tomorrow it may just well be Dubai...

What are we all gonna do? Not shop at a dolla sto? Boycott toilet tissue? Really...

The folks that do have the power in this deal are the longshoremen. If they walk... We're in trouble. And they did that in 2001 before 9-11 in up and down the west coast except Alaska...

First problem that Bush had to solve and he took the brokebackdoor route...

I've been watching too much "24" on Fox...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 02-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey if I am insane maybe my post will not bother you as much and you will just brush them off because they were by an insane guy.
What? You make no sense once again.

-Rudey
Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow - I didn't think we'd start playing the sympathy card in this thread, but I guess so.

Let's get this out of the way: it's not just that you're Democrat, liberal, or dislike Bush. There are Democrats on this site, critics of Bush, etc., who intelligently lay out their positions and aren't always on the attack.

If I remember correctly, you've never posted anything even remotely moderate; mostly, it comes off as some anti-Republican crusade. Your posting of the letter looked to be more of an inflammatory post than an actual response to the topic.

You're more than welcome to your beliefs; just don't start with some "dead in a ditch" comment when someone calls you on it.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
Wow - I didn't think we'd start playing the sympathy card in this thread, but I guess so.

Let's get this out of the way: it's not just that you're Democrat, liberal, or dislike Bush. There are Democrats on this site, critics of Bush, etc., who intelligently lay out their positions and aren't always on the attack.

If I remember correctly, you've never posted anything even remotely moderate; mostly, it comes off as some anti-Republican crusade. Your posting of the letter looked to be more of an inflammatory post than an actual response to the topic.

You're more than welcome to your beliefs; just don't start with some "dead in a ditch" comment when someone calls you on it.
There are better ways to call me out on it. Your post is a good example of a good way to call out someone.

Posting a statement saying "get a life" is just trying to pick a fight instead of calling out my views or post.

If I or certain others lay out our positions they are torn apart because they are viewed as wrong or unintelligent. I did bother to lay it out in the past but was called stupid and unintellgent anyways so why bother? Must be because I am always on the attack right?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
There are better ways to call me out on it. Your post is a good example of a good way to call out someone.

Posting a statement saying "get a life" is just trying to pick a fight instead of calling out my views or post.

If I or certain others lay out our positions they are torn apart because they are viewed as wrong or unintelligent. I did bother to lay it out in the past but was called stupid and unintellgent anyways so why bother? Must be because I am always on the attack right?
Basically you now admit it was an off-topic attack. That's great.

You also make comments about dying in a ditch. I don't understand. Drama queen much?

And now you're making claims that someone is picking a fight with you, except it is you that posted repeatedly and finally admitted to posting an attack.

Seriously, stop. Communication is not your strong point.

-Rudey
Old 02-23-2006, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

But that is debate. What did you expect, everyone to just say "Well, if he says it, then he's right." If your arguments have holes, people are going to call you on it.

Who are these certain others? If people disagree, they're going to say something, and if they think an argument is weak, they're going to have issues with the argument.

Also, how many posters are there on this board? You can't reasonably expect every poster to say "That TKE, he sure has some great ideas."

There aren't going to be any pity parties; there are plenty of posters on both sides who have, time and again, intelligently laid out their ideas.

Last edited by KSigkid; 02-23-2006 at 02:33 PM.