GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,199
1 members and 2,198 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Fraternities at UGA

lol sorry to beat a dead horse.

But i'm pretty sure i'm transferring here next year, i couldn't get in freshman year out of Georgia.

I have friends in Lambda Chi, Beta, and Fiji, Chi Phi, and got a mutual friend of the KA president. So i got word on all of them but its all pretty biased.

Just wondering if anyone has heard interesting stories, rush stuff, reputations, crazy things about any of them, or really just whatever, just voice opinion in general.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2008, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
I'm engaged to a DTD from there and I met some current actives at Homecoming this past year. Their house isn't with the others on Milledge but they're pretty middle of the road from what I could tell, all really nice and polite guys. I met several alumni as well and I was really impressed by how gentlemanly they all were. J told me they weren't cool with the Pikes there when he went to school there ('00-'04) but I forget why. DTD was closed there several years ago for hazing and was recently brought back on campus. J said that while he was a collegiate, their no-hazing rules were taken very seriously and they were grateful to be allowed back on campus so they were pretty strict about it.

Have fun in Athens! It's a great town I can't wait to get married there next year

Last edited by SthrnZeta; 03-22-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Spell-check
Old 03-23-2008, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Just about all of my friends from home at UGA are girls. I do have a good buddy that is an SAE there. From what I can tell from visiting they are a great house. Party hard though.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

yea my roommate from USC is also transferring there, he was innitiated a pike here, i hear at UGA there is a bit of a rumor about them rufying (spelling?).

actually my good friend from highschool's older sister is a DZ, here and her friend are both dating the current president and vice president of DTD. and i also know their sweetheart lisa. lol small world.

i'm confident that through my connections theres like 5 or 6 i could get in, i'm just trying to find out if what i hear is true or people blowing smoke out of their ass elaborating on negatives and positives. Some of my fraternity friends there will rag on the others pretty low at times and then favor others lol

Old 03-23-2008, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

This is from another message board.

1st: KA, SAE, ChiPhi, Fiji, LXA, SX
2nd: Beta, PhiDelt, PiKapp, KS, AGR
3rd: SigEp, DTD, Pike
Hard to say: ATO(got kicked off, back now), SN(similar to ATO), AEPi(By far superior to TEP)
Bottom: TEP, ChiPsi, SigmaPi, PhiTau, PhiPsi, AKL, PhiKappaTheta, DeltaSig(remember admin revealed?)
Old 04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
Just about all of my friends from home at UGA are girls. I do have a good buddy that is an SAE there. From what I can tell from visiting they are a great house. Party hard though.
yea i have a rec from the SAE president here at South Carolina and our student body president is giving me one too who is also an SAE.

so thats very much well an option, atleast i hope.

any body else heard anything?

And not that this matters but i'm also considering going to Texas for my MBA, i hear both Fiji and SAE are pretty good there. dunno though, couldnt say first hand

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
DeltaSig(remember admin revealed?)
The man with the diapers.

That was a rough outing.

Fiji and SAE are tops (as macallan may or may not point out), but for grad school it really won't matter too much.

For some reason I thought you were initiated/pledging SAE at USC. Maybe I was wrong? If you're already initiated, you can only go SAE at Georgia.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 04-03-2008, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
The man with the diapers.

That was a rough outing.

Fiji and SAE are tops (as macallan may or may not point out), but for grad school it really won't matter too much.

For some reason I thought you were initiated/pledging SAE at USC. Maybe I was wrong? If you're already initiated, you can only go SAE at Georgia.
I was...

but long story short i can't pledge anymore because of a mistake i made first semester in joining another GLO i didn't know much about and could not relate to.

So i'm gonna now be a 3rd time pledge lol...

Last edited by Lucky SC; 04-03-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SC View Post
I was...

but long story short i can't pledge anymore because of a mistake i made first semester in joining Chi Psi. It wasn't the type of people i could realte to and they were on probation with zero parties.
I hope not man.

The only thing I know about Chi Psi was that they were on Borat (I think that was them? Or was that Chi Phi?) That was sort of a disgrace.

Pledging three times sucks, but in the end it'll be worth it.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lucky SC,

I know I'm butting into the young guy thread again, but are you sure you want all this out there? I'm thinking that it might be best in terms of your chances to delete your responses. Why risk having too much out there or making it that easy to know who you are?

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I'm just saying why risk having it out there.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Lucky SC,

I know I'm butting into the young guy thread again, but are you sure you want all this out there? I'm thinking that it might be best in terms of your chances to delete your responses. Why risk having too much out there or making it that easy to know who you are?

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I'm just saying why risk having it out there.
I think he'll be fine. It's up to him honestly, but I don't think it's a big deal.

We welcome you in the young guy threads, by the way.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
I think he'll be fine. It's up to him honestly, but I don't think it's a big deal.

We welcome you in the young guy threads, by the way.
Thank you.

Generally, I think with recruitment stuff, it's probably most helpful to get answers from people who are closest to your situation in age, gender and geography, but sometimes your threads are more fun and I can't resist. I also find it funny how much more candid you all are.

If Lucky SC were a girl, I'd know that he shouldn't put it all out there before recruitment like that, but with guys it may be totally different.

ETA: For what it's worth, those rankings are different from back in the day. I suspect it comes down to people changing their pledge programs in some cases and getting kicked off in others.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 04-03-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Lucky SC,

true i suppose

its nothing that is going to be a secret considering my friends in the fraternities at UGA know why i am transferring and what happened, its not like i got balled or anything and left the first one by choice.

but for whatever reason i suppose it would be wise, i'll edit it just a bit, appreciate the advice