GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,245
2 members and 1,243 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 04-16-2013, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Wierd Recommendation for Alpha Phi Omega

At the Pledging Details for Kappa Sigma Fraternity at Salisbury University (Maryland Public University) http://orgs.salisbury.edu/kappasigma...%20Details.htm

At the bottom of it...
Quote:
We are a SOCIAL fraternity. While we do encourage Community Service this is NOT a Service Fraternity. We highly Recommend Salisbury's Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega which is a SERVICE Fraternity for those more interested in Community Service than the Social Aspect of a College Fraternity.

I *guess* this is a compliment to Alpha Phi Omega, but I have *no* idea what must occured to cause Kappa Sigma to include this... Ideas?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
At the Pledging Details for Kappa Sigma Fraternity at Salisbury University (Maryland Public University) http://orgs.salisbury.edu/kappasigma...%20Details.htm

At the bottom of it...

I *guess* this is a compliment to Alpha Phi Omega, but I have *no* idea what must occured to cause Kappa Sigma to include this... Ideas?
That entire page is a hot mess, but it sounds like some sort of chapter drama.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm loving the sentences where every word is capitalized for emphasis. It's the visual equivalent of repeatedly getting bopped in the head.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow....the website I had on Geocities in 1998 looked better than that!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
Wow....the website I had on Geocities in 1998 looked better than that!
Well, the chapter reactivated in 2008 and Geocities wasn't officially closed until 2009, so maybe....
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM

I'm guessing they had a bunch of brothers who didn't want to go to mixers or formals or participate with the rest of the social Greek community. If this is a recently reactivated chapter, the colonizing members that their nationals thought were awesome (i.e. guys who just want to do philanthropy and not party, therefore minimizing risk) may not have been looked upon in the same manner by the rest of the university.