GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,414
1 members and 1,413 guests
Titchou

Old 09-17-2017, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
All's well that ends well! Congrats to the newest Quill! A nice complement to Mom's Crown!
Old 09-17-2017, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to your daughter and you! I lived at home and joining a sorority changed my entire college experience. I hope she has a wonderful time!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you both!!! This was truly a Panhellenic experience!
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 PM

Congratulations to your daughter, and congratulations to your chapter as well!
Old 09-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yippee! So happy for your daughter. So happy for the chapter you advise and what a treat for me to find out you are my sister!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Hooray! So happy for your daughter! Welcome to the sisterhood! Whoo hoo! Xi love to her!!!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Yippee! So happy for your daughter. So happy for the chapter you advise and what a treat for me to find out you are my sister!
😁 After I started my story, I had the idea that I should have used Zeta symbols as the various chapters. But since I already had my theme, I stuck it out.

Daughter has a crown ring that her dad gave her a few years ago. (He says she's his princess.) But when she was getting ready for the first party and putting on jewelry, it dawned on me that it was a 5 pointed one. So I told her that she could look at it if she got super nervous during the parties and remember that she had a bunch of Zetas that were rooting her on to include a very excited mom. That made her tear up.

My alumnae chapter is probably going to pitch in and get her a letter shirt, but have the letters in Zeta colors as a little fun since she couldn't be a legacy, but we still love her lots and claim her unofficially.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to send her some pink roses! My rec girl join AXiD this fall.

PS: I'm a cat lady, but LOVE Siberian Huskies.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLB817 View Post
Yesterday after she had received her Pref invites, I had her stepdad help me cut letters in wood, paint them and decorate them for her door here at the house. Since she's living at home this year and not on campus, I thought that would be a nice surprise for her. I wasn't home yet, but my husband sent me a picture of her reaction when she stopped by the house to get a few things. She was so excited that we had done it. She even posted on Snapchat a picture of it with the caption "Best Parents!"

Aww....that is so sweet. Thank you for sharing the story and congratulations to your daughter!

True and Constant
Old 09-17-2017, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for sharing her recruitment story and congratulations to your daughter.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLB817 View Post
😁 After I started my story, I had the idea that I should have used Zeta symbols as the various chapters. But since I already had my theme, I stuck it out.

Daughter has a crown ring that her dad gave her a few years ago. (He says she's his princess.) But when she was getting ready for the first party and putting on jewelry, it dawned on me that it was a 5 pointed one. So I told her that she could look at it if she got super nervous during the parties and remember that she had a bunch of Zetas that were rooting her on to include a very excited mom. That made her tear up.

My alumnae chapter is probably going to pitch in and get her a letter shirt, but have the letters in Zeta colors as a little fun since she couldn't be a legacy, but we still love her lots and claim her unofficially.
Love that she had a good luck ring to remind her of all that were pulling for her. What a fun idea to have a letter shirt in your sorority colors.