GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,629
0 members and 1,629 guests
No Members online

Old 02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
You thought my response was snippy?! Whoa.... have you read your own posts? My response was completely informative and wasn't attacking you, attacking your chosen username, or insulting in any way. I thought it would be helpful to know that you likely won't get many answers here. That way you wouldn't feel ignored or insulted by the lack of response.

I wish you luck in your search as well as grad school.
I didn't mean that your response was snippy, I meant the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
To your first point, I said that I was irritated by your username, not pissed off. If I had been pissed off, I would have said something along the lines of "Kappa does not do AI, but thanks for appropriating one of our symbols in your username, you presumptuous twit." But I didn't say that.

I do know that Kappa does not reserve the rights to all things owl. We have to share with our Panhellenic sisters of Chi Omega and Mother Nature.

Perhaps a better way for you to broached your question would have been to have chosen a username free of owls, lions, pandas, anchors,angels, kites, arrows, penguins, giraffes, etc. (in other words, generic) and then said something like this:

Hi! I'm generic username. I was unable to pursue sorority membership while I was an undergraduate. Consequently, I am now interested in AI. During the course of my research, I have found information about AI for many sororities, but I have not been successful in finding out if this is an option for Kappa Kappa Gamma. Does Kappa allow AI? Thanks for your help!

Love,
Generic username

Kappa has had her fair share of weirdos and stalkers, so your post set off an alarm with me.

Good luck in your pursuit of AI!
Dear amIblue?,
I'm sorry if my post came across as anything other than what was intended, and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your response as something it was not. It sounded as though you were pissed to me, so my bad if that's not the case. I really didn't mean for my username to cause any offense or set off any alarms. Thank you for the information you've provided (which was very useful) and for your wishes of good luck.
Sorry for the miscommunication!
A.E.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlette19 View Post
I didn't mean that your response was snippy, I meant the original.

Dear amIblue?,
I'm sorry if my post came across as anything other than what was intended, and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your response as something it was not. It sounded as though you were pissed to me, so my bad if that's not the case. I really didn't mean for my username to cause any offense or set off any alarms. Thank you for the information you've provided (which was very useful) and for your wishes of good luck.
Sorry for the miscommunication!
A.E.
It's all good. I hope things work out for you.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

OP the topic of AI as you have seen is a bit of a hot button issue. As some had previously mentioned often someone from a sorority might approach a woman who they feel would be a good asset to the organization. I would encourage you to really sit down and think about why you want to AI, try and determine what if any connections you have to other greek women, and what you would have to offer to a greek org.