GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Upsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,315
2 members and 1,313 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

This is unpleasant already that we the alumni in the Philippines had decide to tell the alumni secretary to email the executive director of Delta Upsilon and tell about the posting in this matter.

We had told the alumni secretary to reveal all the posting here and to clean out our name that we are not expanding without permission.We are silent already but this thread still reinvented that keeps on annoying us.

Let us see what will come out after the executive director will review this thread.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I know what you feel bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duphil View Post
This is unpleasant already that we the alumni in the Philippines had decide to tell the alumni secretary to email the executive director of Delta Upsilon and tell about the posting in this matter.

We had told the alumni secretary to reveal all the posting here and to clean out our name that we are not expanding without permission.We are silent already but this thread still reinvented that keeps on annoying us.

Let us see what will come out after the executive director will review this thread.

I email this things already to the Executive Director Justin Kirk yesterday.All the alumni decision in the Philippines is right much better to share this matter to the Exec Director and let him discover how we are degraded here.

We come for affiliation in a peaceful manner but some accuse us of being stealers and whatsoever.It`s done brod and the Exec Director knows it already.GODSPEED!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

please do not tell me you emailed a greek chat thread to Justin Kirk. unbelievable.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Stealing

As far as I am concerned, given the degree of openness that Delta Upsilon of the Philippines has now shown, there are *exactly* two groups that can decide that Delta Upsilon is stealing, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Board and then once they have made their decision, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Convention. (For various reasons that I have stated, I believe that if the National Board decides to accept DU-Phil, that changes to the Delta Upsilon bylaws and minor changes to the *ritual* will have to be made.)

At this point, I feel that it is *no longer appropriate* for those who are not brothers of Delta Upsilon to accuse Delta Upsilon of the Philippoines of stealing, and for brothers of Delta Upsilon, they should, IMO, accept that at this point it is now being handled in the most appropriate manner, and arguments that it is not should be taken up with your national officers.

As for Greekwatch's comment, yes the setup of Delta Upsilon of North America tends to encourage chapters to have houses. However, I would expect that this will either lead to different rules for the Philippines of a separate national organization. However, this comment was very poorly phrased.

Randy
Sincerel
Old 02-21-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
it is now being handled in the most appropriate manner
Eh...ok

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
...there are *exactly* two groups that can decide that Delta Upsilon is stealing, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Board and then once they have made their decision, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Convention. ...

At this point, I feel that it is *no longer appropriate* for those who are not brothers of Delta Upsilon to accuse Delta Upsilon of the Philippoines of stealing, and for brothers of Delta Upsilon, they should, IMO, accept that at this point it is now being handled in the most appropriate manner, and arguments that it is not should be taken up with your national officers.
Closing thread pending a decision by DU's IHQ and/or National Convention.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Subject closed.

It has been brought to my attention that Delta Upsilon's Board of Directors has declined recognition to the Philippine groups, and that the leadership of the Philippine groups has been made aware of this decision.

I anticipate no further discussion by or about the Philippine groups will be needed here (see quote below), so this thread will remain closed indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnisec View Post
We are not like any other fraternities who didnt ask for permission in fact we are processing already for the official recognition. Greekwatch please mind your own business cause you don`t know whats going on with our application for recognition.

We the alumni knows already how much to pay and we are willing to spend dollars just to be a recognize chapter.The decision is on the Board only and we respect whatever decisions will be made.

We are willing to close and shut down all chapter in the Philippines of Delta Upsilon if ever we will be disapprove.We love Delta Upsilon but our existence will be judge only after the January 9 , 2009 Leadership Meeting.

Although its getting positive as the Exec Director says on the email ,still we are waiting for the final decision of the Board.

Last edited by SAEalumnus; 04-09-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Post DU Philippines Closed

For the info of all DU`s in North America and Canada,DU`s in the Philippines are already closed by the alumni officers in the Philippines.All members and officers of the 6 chapters in the Philippines had come up to a decision to respect and follow the order of the Board of Directors.Although it`s hurtful for us but we still accept that everything happens for a reason.

Our websites already closed and shut down same with all the chapters.Some chapters had change the name into another greek letters but others had transferred to other fraternities.All has it`s freedom to decide whether to remain in another greek name or another organization.

To all DU`s in US and Canada wish you all the best and farewell!!!!
Closed Thread