GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,215
4 members and 1,211 guests
lauralaylin, naraht, PGD-GRAD, TLLK

Old 12-02-2002, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to tangerinedream
involvement

Girls
I was just wonderin, do you all have a problem with involvement of intramurals in your sorority. I love playing them, but here lately we have actually been having to forfeit games because we can't get enough girls to show up and participate. I came into this office (activities) half way through last semester and don't really know what went wrong, i am getting ready to transition the new person who is taking over so i am looking for ideas that will lead to more involvement so we can get back on track in the intramurals department. Anything would really help!
ITB, Erin
Old 12-04-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a problem with participation until this semester. This is going to sound kind of horrible, but it worked, and I hope this is an option for y'all at your school...

We started doing co-ed intramurals with two different fraternities. One with the fraternity that we did homecoming with (softball) and one with a fraternity with a very good reputation on campus that a lot of our girls love. All of the sudden, we had more than enough players and a crowd to cheer us on. Next semester we plan on doing both co-ed and intramurals with just us (we only get points for our sorority if we do it alone) but I feel like doing co-ed intramurals got everyone really excited about it. I'll keep you posted on how well it lasts.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

okay we did the coed thing too and the frats just dont show up -- plus u have to play with guys, which is fun in some sports, but we were playing basketball and well only 2 girls get to play at a time, there has to be boy/girl rules, which sucks, but otherwise the guys really would not involve u as much ... i dunno really how to solve the problem, but i def. dont think coed is it.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, we played football and softball with them, and yes, the boys got to be competitive and tried to push us out of the way sometimes, but you also have to remember that not every sorority is going to have chemistry (and I don't mean romantically) with every other fraternity.