GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,132
3 members and 1,129 guests
flamboyanttree, g41965, Sarak24034

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Big Families

Just out of curiosity, how big are your families? There are 17 in my family, and there would have been 20 if a couple of girls hadn't deactivated. My great-grand big has three littles. One of those has 2 littles, 1 grand-little, and 1 great-grand little. Another one has one little, grand little, and great grand little. The third one has four littles and 2 grand littles. We are the biggest family in our chapter of ZTA, but I was wondering if anyone else has families this big.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm an alumna now of course, but my family was pretty big, just because my Big Sis had 4 Little Sisters and we each took Little Sisters who took Littles of their own, which makes for a large family.

My Little Sis has 3 Littles, and her Littles (my grandlittles) are probably all going to be taking Little Sistes of their own, so it's only going to get bigger.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-28-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DoubleTDG
My great grand big took 2 littles, then my grand big took 2, my big sis took 3, I took 4, 2 of my littles have taken 1, one of them took 2, and one of them hasn't taken any, one of my grand littles has taken 1. Going back through the family tree, we can trace it back to when DG came to Texas Tech.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
we did away with families this year because of cliques or w/e. but before that my family had about 15 I think. It would be 18 this year if we still had families.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

It depends. If you just consider actives in my branch, that would be 2, my grandlittle and great great grandlittle (though much to my dismay she identifies with another family after her big withdrew).

But since I can trace my family back to 1992, and we have a lot of branches, it's quite big if you count everybody. My great grandbig took twins, and both of her twins took twins. So, four main branches in recent history.

Last edited by violetpretty; 10-24-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
My Grandbig had several littles, but I only know two that I can count back from. My big & her twin. Her twin had two little ones, one had one little and the other had two. One of those two has at least one. My big had four, I had five, then my 1st had one, now my 2nd & 4th, have one each and my 5th has twins. The my 1st grandbaby took one as well. We took a really cute picture at revelation. It was 13 with just my big and my littles and theirs and so on. If you start adding in my siblings and my big's twins' littles it just gets out of control though.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

My lineage has actually been "linear" since 1996-1997. I think we are actually the only lineage remaining that is still linear and I think that's special Our family has only ever taken one littler per big. My little deactivated (sadness, but she was closer with another circle of friends outside the sorority, never lived in the house, etc.), so my lineage actually got SMALLER! Of course I have an unofficial "pseudo-little," and a fake adopted little after her big who was two years older than she graduated, but they are auxiliary littles not really in my lineage.

After I graduated in May, only 2 members in my lineage remain at school. BUT, my little little little (great grandlittle) is awesome and I know she will get a really involved little to keep our family alive!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

my family dates back a long time, although from what i'm told there wasn't "families" at the very beginning of the chapter.

As for size, when I was an active there were around 40 members, and only about 3 of them were from a different family. So that leaves around 35-37 that were in my family (Cheetah family). It got so big that people started breaking off and starting their own families.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I can trace mine back to my Bigx4.. it was liner from her down to my bigbig, then she took 4 littles including my big.. I'm a twin and taking a little this semester, so we're kind of insane. I can count 15 members in my family without having to ask an older sister for help
Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

As for members that I actually know I can trace back to my big3, but I have a paper that goes the whole way back to the founding members of our chapter, so I know everyone that I'm distantly related to.

Of course, just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character. - Pulp Fiction
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

In my family I know of my great-grand big, my grand big, my big, my aunt, my cousins, my little and one of my cousin's little. The other family I am technically a part of I only know of my grand big in that side of the family. Family trees in our chapter are quite confusing.

Last edited by TriDPrincess; 10-26-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: It posted accidentally before I was finished.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
TinkerMel2

If you're counting only active members at this time then 2. If the new members we got this year (they aren't initiated yet) count then 4. And sadly that's about all I knoe
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I included presently active members and new members in my post.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
If I really knew any of what was going on at my chapter now, I'd be able to trace my family from our chapters founding to present. But I really havent had much to do with the chapter in the last 3 years, but thats not due to lack of interest on my part, but I digress. When I pledged, there were 3 of us, my g-big, my big, and me. By the time I graduated, we were the biggest family in the house. My big took a second little, and she had 3 littles (one of which was adopted) and two of those littles each had a little. I had 2 littles, one of my littles deactivated after 2 semesters, but the first little DID take a little herself. My 1st g-little had 2 littles of her own. My second little took 3 littles, one transferred after a year. My second g-little also took 2 littles, not sure about g-little #4 as she was a freshman my senior year so all told by the time I graduated there were 15 of us if I did the math right. Holy littles batman! LOL! I lived with second little senior year and we had one wall that was covered in paddles. It was our wall o paddles LOL
Loved by a Zeta Psi